What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dogs

For sure.
30,000 -32,000 for an earlier kick off. Maybe even more.
Fox rule unfortunately.

Why though?
It was an exclusive Fox game, they don’t care like Nine do that the footy leads into thier news.
I did notice it was mentioned on the commentary, Fox commentary, that the game kicked off right on 4pm, not the 4.10 kick offs that you get when it’s a Nine game.

ouryears

Bench
You are right re ANZ stadium.
I was there and there was 20000 thwre still no atmosphere.
Unless it's a full house or near to it this ground is shite.
But when we get a home semi we will have to play there.
The nrl want let us use kogarah or win.
Aren't our home grounds as good as the Panthers, Warriors and Sharks grounds?

Do they play home semis at their grounds DA?

ouryears

Bench
Why though?
It was an exclusive Fox game, they don’t care like Nine do that the footy leads into thier news.
I did notice it was mentioned on the commentary, Fox commentary, that the game kicked off right on 4pm, not the 4.10 kick offs that you get when it’s a Nine game.
I think mate that for fox to keep their subscribers happy and to keep their subscription numbers on the rise, they need later games when their subscribers are at home after shopping or the day out.

They can't afford to piss their subscription customers off as they are under immense pressure these days to survive under a new business model with Netflix and others giving them grief with their movies and show numbers.

Without strong sports subscribers, they would not survive.

So they need the right time slots to keep their customers happy.

That's what was pushed down our throats when I worked at Telstra, a partner of Foxtel.

I think mate that for fox to keep their subscribers happy and to keep their subscription numbers on the rise, they need later games when their subscribers are at home after shopping or the day out.

They can't afford to piss their subscription customers off as they are under immense pressure these days to survive under a new business model with Netflix and others giving them grief with their movies and show numbers.

Without strong sports subscribers, they would not survive.

So they need the right time slots to keep their customers happy.

That's what was pushed down our throats when I worked at Telstra, a partner of Foxtel.
I think the writing is already on the wall with Foxtel, they will be a streaming company within two years.
They have no interest in subscribers, they haven’t for a while, a simple phone call to thier tech support tells you that. I’ve been trying to get a new box off them for 3 weeks, have to wait for the “new box people” to be in our area, which are different from thier “tech people” who will come and fix your issue in “one to two weeks”
They are useless.
Let alone thier attitude to movies, which now I have to “rent” off them despite the fact I already pay them over $100 dollars a month to see thier content.
When compared to the $10 a month for Netflix or Amazon it’s just a rip off.

ouryears

Bench
I think the writing is already on the wall with Foxtel, they will be a streaming company within two years.
They have no interest in subscribers, they haven’t for a while, a simple phone call to thier tech support tells you that. I’ve been trying to get a new box off them for 3 weeks, have to wait for the “new box people” to be in our area, which are different from thier “tech people” who will come and fix your issue in “one to two weeks”
They are useless.
Let alone thier attitude to movies, which now I have to “rent” off them despite the fact I already pay them over $100 dollars a month to see thier content.
When compared to the $10 a month for Netflix or Amazon it’s just a rip off.
Their service is a joke mate.
I used to call their back of house trying to resolve customer issues, they didn't care.
Lazy sods.
Go into a Telstra company store with your box and demand a new one.
They at least will get it quicker for you.
Don't go to a Telstra franchise store, they won't care.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Aren't our home grounds as good as the Panthers, Warriors and Sharks grounds?

Do they play home semis at their grounds DA?
Penrith and Cronulla won't get to play semi's at their home grounds either as they are Sydney teams. I doubt that Parra will even get to play a home semi at their home ground when it is rebuilt. To my knowledge all semis for Sydney based teams will be played at Homebush or the SFS. Non Sydney teams except of the Gold Coast will get to play semi's at their home grounds. The Gold Coast would have to play their home semi at Suncorp if they ever get one.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
anyone know if widdop and jamma will play this Saturday? the England team has just been announced. wasn't sure when they go into camp.

giboz71

First Grade
Do tell - was that a good penalty call? Do the rules allow Jackson to kneel upright between the dummy half and his half back?

That’s the problem now.

The change in rules allows players just to get in the way. I’m pretty sure McInnes threw it into him on purpose which he probably shouldn’t have done given the new directive but a good ref should crack down on tacklers making no effort to move out of the way.

That’s the problem now.

The change in rules allows players just to get in the way. I’m pretty sure McInnes threw it into him on purpose which he probably shouldn’t have done given the new directive but a good ref should crack down on tacklers making no effort to move out of the way.
That’s the problem with the rule.
It’s now an interpretation, did he do it on purpose?
If he had done a “no look pass” and it hit him, is it a penalty to us?
The Ref is now required to read players minds.

giboz71

First Grade
That’s the problem with the rule.
It’s now an interpretation, did he do it on purpose?
If he had done a “no look pass” and it hit him, is it a penalty to us?
The Ref is now required to read players minds.

Players shouldn’t try and milk penalties. I’m glad refs are cracking down on that sort of thing as it’s not in the spirit of the game.

But equally they should crack down on players interfering in play the balls by getting in the way. If a player makes no effort and is in the ruck, blow the penalty.

If it happens enough times, players won’t do it any more.

SEAT 1A

Bench
No need for panic stations yet and lets see where the team in travelling after SOO.

We were eight wins, three losses and a bye last year and sitting 5th last year.

With two more wins, you can't say the team has gone backwards with a heavy SOO representation, I'll take that.

Dogs were gifted a try by a mistake by Nene. Ben Hunt is playing with one leg and Graham was a beast, the hit on Klemmer lifted the team to go on with the win and he tackled his arse off.

Mary made a change with Nighty, which most were asking for and it fixed a weakness in the team. The team has won three games that lost last year, MEL, Easts and the Dogs.

Dudes, we were rubbish. A lucky two point win on the back of a couple of penalties against one of the worst three teams in the comp without two of their three best players. Last four games have been a massive reversion to the mean. We are still two first grade standard forwards short in our rotation and our threequarters are still basically ISP level. We've done massively well to over achieve even to this point. Wonderful accomplishment. But we won't win a comp in the next three years unless we acknowledge our weaknesses and go out in the market to address with them with an additional $350K minimum in TPA payments.

Put being first in perspective: We are last in TPAs, meaning we are competing with the lowest paid squad in the comp. Over $750K less in payments to players than Melbourne. Half the comp has one additional first grade standard player that we couldn't afford and have to cover with a reserve grader. We will lose Ah Mau and replace him with a reserve grader.

Players shouldn’t try and milk penalties. I’m glad refs are cracking down on that sort of thing as it’s not in the spirit of the game.

But equally they should crack down on players interfering in play the balls by getting in the way. If a player makes no effort and is in the ruck, blow the penalty.

If it happens enough times, players won’t do it any more.
But it won’t happen enough times cause Gould, Fittler, Johns and co will start screaming about “too many penalties” again.

Latest posts