What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name the most random NRL player you can think of

Vic Mackey

Referee
Keith Eshman.

This guy appeared from nowhere, Tim Sheens talked him up massively, played 1 first grade game with like 20 mins from the bench then quit and joined the army. Was one of the more random things I’ve seen happen. I remember a few years ago thinking Keith Eshman never existed and I’d imagined the whole thing

Vic Mackey

Referee
I saw this name and it immediately got me thinking of Bernard Carroll.
Wow, the Tigers sure had some plod in the mid 90’s(apart from Hanley reappearing in 97?).

They were all tough buggers who put in, but ultimately were very low on football ability. Sadly Ellery was pretty ordinary in his return gig

Hahaa pretty sure Bernard Carroll was the reserve grade captain for like 5 years straight. The one gig you never want to get - Reserve Grade Captain

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
This guy appeared from nowhere, Tim Sheens talked him up massively, played 1 first grade game with like 20 mins from the bench then quit and joined the army. Was one of the more random things I’ve seen happen. I remember a few years ago thinking Keith Eshman never existed and I’d imagined the whole thing
Yep, I was there for every one of his first grade games!

He was just a kid, really. A rare thing, unseen anymore with all the giants in first grade now.

Latest posts