What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Raiders @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trollhammaren

Juniors
No Lolohea in the 21 brings much joy. Also no more ET at #9.

Well done, Ivan!

1 Corey Thompson, 2 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Mahe Fonua, 5 Kevin Naiqama, 6 Josh Reynolds, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer (c), 9 Matt McIlwrick, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Matthew Eisenhuth, 16 Josh Aloiai, 17 Tim Grant

Reserves: 18 Michael Chee-Kam, 19 Tyson Gamble, 20 Sauaso Sue, 21 Chris McQueen

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He is listed at hooker on the team announcement video that they put up on the Facebook page. MM is on the bench and Eisenhuth at lock. So who knows which one is correct!

Bloody hell.

Well to be fair, ET's service was better against the Sharks than previous weeks.

Tigerm

First Grade
No Lolohea in the 21 brings much joy. Also no more ET at #9.

Well done, Ivan!

1 Corey Thompson, 2 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Mahe Fonua, 5 Kevin Naiqama, 6 Josh Reynolds, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer (c), 9 Matt McIlwrick, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Matthew Eisenhuth, 16 Josh Aloiai, 17 Tim Grant

Reserves: 18 Michael Chee-Kam, 19 Tyson Gamble, 20 Sauaso Sue, 21 Chris McQueen
Probably the best side we have atm. Maybe Huth in for Rochow?

Front-Rower

First Grade
WESTS TIGERS
1. Corey Thompson
2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Kevin Naiqama
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer (capt.)
9. Elijah Taylor
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Alex Twal
15. Matt McIlwrick
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Tim Grant

Reserves:
18. Michael Chee Kam
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Sauaso Sue
21. Chris McQueen

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/06/12/cleary-names-new-look-spine-for-raiders-clash/

Tiger05

First Grade
The team to me looks better but ET is still at hooker and I don't know who we play as edge backrowers. Lawrence should make 80 as usual. Rochow was playing (I think) close to 80 at the start of the season. Maybe ET will move to the right edge and spell Rochow.

Still Tui probably had to go. Thompson is currently the best fullback at the club. We also have some speed with our wingers. The problem is we have a back three that is pretty weak although our centres will belt it up to help our the Kiwi props.

Aloiai hopefully is practicing holding the ball.

I reckon Rochow will aim up again this week. Started the year very well, hopefully a few weeks of minnow bashing in the ISP he'll have his tail up again.

The team is very good.

Would like Macca to start, with ET starting at lock and Hazlewood on the bench.

Maybe Grant to start for Mats as well.

Glad Lolohea finally got dumped. He's only interested when we have the ball and he's up in the line. Every other facet of the fullback role he looks totally uninterested.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Right second row is a real issue for us. Rochow started the year well but fell away. Aloiai has always looked promising but is being let down by his hands lately. Chee Kam has been ordinary on the right, always played his best on the left however that’s where Lawrence has been so good for us.

Id be looking to move ET there fulltime if I was Ivan.

Tiger05

First Grade
Id be looking to move ET there fulltime if I was Ivan.

I like this idea. If ET nails that right edge we should get solid performances there and hopefully that side isn't an issue.

I reckon Chee-Kam has been good on the right but he only appears to have minimal quality minutes per game. Playing him there for 80 minutes has been a failure.

ET on the edge would also allow us to play a massive and good middle forward rotation. Packer/Matulino/Aloiai/Twal/Eisenhuth and one of Grant, Sue or Felise playing at lock and prop.

Perth Tiger

Bench
ET adds nothing on the edge. If he is going to be in the team he needs to be in the middle doing everyone else's tackling with a bit of ball playing.

On the edge he would be solid defensively but not be making as many tackles, offers no threat running the ball and would have no or very limited ball playing opportunities.

Tiger05

First Grade
ET adds nothing on the edge. If he is going to be in the team he needs to be in the middle doing everyone else's tackling with a bit of ball playing.

On the edge he would be solid defensively but not be making as many tackles, offers no threat running the ball and would have no or very limited ball playing opportunities.

I think he is better in the middle but I think he could do the job on that right edge. He isn't the guy who is going to dent the line but he defends really well and he may add something offensively. I reckon it's worth a go plus we have a lot of middle forwards.

Latest posts