What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Weak as piss reactionary stuff from our favourite gloryhog. The channel Nine commentators will be pleased.

Agree, he does not seem to have a clear vision or be prepared to concede that the penalty shit storm was a mistake.

Sterlo gets on the Sunday Footy show and almost begs for the NRL to look like last Wed and not like Thu Fri Sat.

Now after 14 rounds he says that refs have been nitpicking. Love to be a fly on the wall at ref training today. These guys did not decide between themselves to go on a penalty blitz.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree, he does not seem to have a clear vision or be prepared to concede that the penalty shit storm was a mistake.

Sterlo gets on the Sunday Footy show and almost begs for the NRL to look like last Wed and not like Thu Fri Sat.

Now after 14 rounds he says that refs have been nitpicking. Love to be a fly on the wall at ref training today. These guys did not decide between themselves to go on a penalty blitz.

I'm not so sure the "penalty shit storm" was a mistake. It appeared to be generally widely accepted as a good thing for the game, cracking down an many things that pissed off RL fans - ie. - off-side and the play the ball.
No doubt the command came from the top (Greenburg). I cannot believe that he then today throw's the referees under the bus. What a dog act.
It's embarrassing that we have someone like him running the game. Completely out of his depth, just like Gallop was who continues to prove (IMO) the same lack of ability with the FFA.
I've never trusted Greenburg after his time with the Bulldogs. He's also been remarkably teflon coated in the Scott Seward affair at our club

strider

Post Whore
In greenburgs defence (cant believe i am saying that), i dont know if he used the word nitpicking - seems a little creative journalism there

But f**k me ... he is deadset throwing the refs under the bus ... such a wanker ... you brought it in todd, own it ffs

I agree suity, most people seemed ok with a tightening of rules ... the media then went all whiney bitch aboug it. Dunno what they thought was gonna happen.

they haven't policed the play the ball for 6 weeks its back to how it was last year
on a side note it was funny to see Kenny playing the ball for Catalans a few days after he left Australia. They were like touch footy play the balls, didn't take him long to get into the super league spirit

Gronk

Staff member
In greenburgs defence (cant believe i am saying that), i dont know if he used the word nitpicking - seems a little creative journalism there

But f**k me ... he is deadset throwing the refs under the bus ... such a wanker ... you brought it in todd, own it ffs

I agree suity, most people seemed ok with a tightening of rules ... the media then went all whiney bitch aboug it. Dunno what they thought was gonna happen.

Without a doubt they needed to rid the game of annoying problems. However you can turn the knob slowly to achieve change or use the sledgehammer to demand immediate change. Todd opted for the later and half way through the comp we still have 20+ penalties a match. What is even more annoying is that a no fault player can be binned bc he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I thought he did actually use that word. Maybe it was just the blurb underneath but I think he did. Anyway, he's definitely throwing the refs under the bus whilst trying to portray himself as a man of action. There was no need for a press conference. The worst change here is likely to be the one about late hits on playmakers. Now refs have to decide whether to bin them or not, as if they didn't already have enough on their plate. Could have just told refs to penalize and put on report, as they're supposed to do, and the MRC to do their job. But nah, it's better for the game for Todd to be seen doing something.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah his last great decision panned out a beauty ... the first f**ker who gets in the way of dummy half manages to score himself a dodgy penalty - who saw that coming?

Dibs

Bench

He definitely used the word nitpicking

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought he did actually use that word. Maybe it was just the blurb underneath but I think he did. Anyway, he's definitely throwing the refs under the bus whilst trying to portray himself as a man of action. There was no need for a press conference. The worst change here is likely to be the one about late hits on playmakers. Now refs have to decide whether to bin them or not, as if they didn't already have enough on their plate. Could have just told refs to penalize and put on report, as they're supposed to do, and the MRC to do their job. But nah, it's better for the game for Todd to be seen doing something.
Yep it’s classic Todd, the prick missed his true calling politics.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The worst change here is likely to be the one about late hits on playmakers. Now refs have to decide whether to bin them or not, as if they didn't already have enough on their plate.

Wonder what happens if a non-playmaker is hit late? Are "playmakers" pre-determined by the refs? i.e 1,6,7,9 or does it depend on the situation that they're in? Say Brad Takairangi takes the ball close to the line and we do that "out-the-back" play to the half he is in a play-making position but if a play-maker is pre-determined as the "spine" positions then hitting Taka late would not result in a binning. Once again another grey area is opened up in the game where media and certain sects of fans can complain about the refs ruining the game. Don't get me started on players whinging when they're penalised, they're the ones playing dumb enough that the ref has to blow a penalty, they have nothing to complain about.

Latest posts