What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
LOL!! He was out 7 weeks with a crook ankle but straight back you f**king know it all f**kwit. I'm sure he was able to do heaps of running on one leg.
There is a bunch of stuff players can do to maintain fitness while they can't run. What is much harder is getting fit in the first place.
Evans has been back for Wenty for how long??? Keep banging on about the off season even though he was fine to go in round 1.
You think he looked fit in round one?
Face facts, he's been a poor signing one which you highly endorsed. For a bloke with an opinion on anything and everything it's amazing how you are continually wrong.......
He's been plagued with injury since before he got here. Hayne has been injured too but you were happy to put shit on him as well, saying he's past it. Players don't just lose form for nothing. There is always an explanation.

Call it an excuse if it makes you feel better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There is a bunch of stuff players can do to maintain fitness while they can't run. What is much harder is getting fit in the first place.

He's been plagued with injury since before he got here. Hayne has been injured too but you were happy to put shit on him as well, saying he's past it. Players don't just lose form for nothing. There is always an explanation.

If Evans wasn’t fit in round 1 why was he picked????

And here we go again around and around the Mulberry bush with Pou.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Evans wasn’t fit in round 1 why was he picked????
If he’s so shit why was he picked in round one?
And here we go again around and around the Mulberry bush with Pou.
He’s played 78 first grade games. Do you think Arthur never saw him play before this year? Or do you think it took the Roosters four years to realise he shouldn’t be in first grade?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If he’s so shit why was he picked in round one?
He’s played 78 first grade games. Do you think Arthur never saw him play before this year? Or do you think it took the Roosters four years to realise he shouldn’t be in first grade?
And around and around and around we go.

If Evans was any good wouldn’t the Roosters tried to keep him???

Especially when their middle forwards aren’t that crash hot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And around and around and around we go.
I keep answering all your bullshit until you have to start over.
If Evans was any good wouldn’t the Roosters tried to keep him???
How do you know they didn’t? They’ve won nothing since getting rid of these unwanted players:

Jennings
Maloney
Pearce
SBW

The salary cap means you need to let some players go. Even shit teams have to do that.
Especially when their middle forwards aren’t that crash hot.
Excuse me?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I keep answering all your bullshit until you have to start over.

How do you know they didn’t? They’ve won nothing since getting rid of these unwanted players:

Jennings
Maloney
Pearce
SBW

The salary cap means you need to let some players go. Even shit teams have to do that.

Excuse me?
You aren’t excused.

And their middle forwards aren’t that great, they got destroyed by the Cows badly last season in that Semi. Yet they were still happy to let Evans go,

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You aren’t excused.

And their middle forwards aren’t that great, they got destroyed by the Cows badly last season in that Semi. Yet they were still happy to let Evans go,
They had one bad game and that means they’re bad? Your grasp of logic and randomness is poor.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They had one bad game and that means they’re bad? Your grasp of logic and randomness is poor.
I'd argue their pack is their biggest weakness, Jared Maria is past his best, and Napa is massively overrated. Tarkeaoooooo is their best middle forward IMO.

It's a solid pack but hardly comparable to Penrith,St George and Souths.

hindy111

Post Whore
For starters he broke arm. He could still run and work in fitness.

We are now 3mths into the season. Closer to 4mths. Evans has had 4 games in NRL BEFORE he was dropped? The whole team was bad so why did BA focus on him.
Surely he would be fit enough by now to play 30mins. He isnt even in the 21 man squad . Tells me BA had shits with something. What I have no idea.

But if he was not fit in rnd one Gower and Evans where available. Id say BA dropped him for more then fitness. I'd understand 2 games in Wenty if our NRL team was firing, but last and now 4th game for Wenty while Niaukore, Matagi, Vave get look in first.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Evans played Fiji’s first game of the World Cup on the 28th October so let’s assume he was training full time like Brown and Mannah up until this point.

Brown and Mannah’s final games of the tournament were the 10th and 18th November respectively, so that’s only an extra two and three weeks match fitness.

I think it’s safe to say all three players had a break immediately following the World Cup. Going through the club’s preseason galleries I can see Brown in the 6th December and this pic of Evans was taken on the 11th December. I’d say they both returned around the same time.
8AE4FFC5-CAC3-4B6B-A20A-385FD61641A2.jpeg

As you say there is plenty merkins can do to maintain fitness, especially when they can run (as above). We are now in mid-June, how long does it take for someone to get fit in the first place as a full time professional athlete FFS!! It is now over 7 months since he started preseason with us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans has had 4 games in NRL BEFORE he was dropped? The whole team was bad so why did BA focus on him.
Are you kidding? He wasn’t dropped, he was out two weeks with a rib injury. He played in round six, the ribs weren’t better, and then he didn’t play for Wenty until six weeks later.
But if he was not fit in rnd one Gower and Evans where available. Id say BA dropped him for more then fitness. I'd understand 2 games in Wenty if our NRL team was firing, but last and now 4th game for Wenty while Niaukore, Matagi, Vave get look in first.
Could be because he won’t play injured. It was an old criticism of Hayne back in the day as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans played Fiji’s first game of the World Cup on the 28th October so let’s assume he was training full time like Brown and Mannah up until this point.

Brown and Mannah’s final games of the tournament were the 10th and 18th November respectively, so that’s only an extra two and three weeks match fitness.

I think it’s safe to say all three players had a break immediately following the World Cup. Going through the club’s preseason galleries I can see Brown in the 6th December and this pic of Evans was taken on the 11th December. I’d say they both returned around the same time.
View attachment 20835

As you say there is plenty merkins can do to maintain fitness, especially when they can run (as above). We are now in mid-June, how long does it take for someone to get fit in the first place as a full time professional athlete FFS!! It is now over 7 months since he started preseason with us.
And how long since he recovered from the rib injury suffered in round three?

Latest posts