What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
that is always everyone's first defence, taken out f context

bullshit princess, you got what you deserved and you were not misquoted

Exactly.
It wasn't a misquote, and Yvonne knew exactly what she was saying.

I do t even think she's correct. People don't go to the footy to watch the stars. They go to watch the teams. This isn't like how someone has their favorite NBA players and follows them from team to team, we care about our clubs not the players.

Yvonne got called out on her bullshit and she can't handle that.

TheRam

Coach
she does have a good point tho

Yes and no. Yes that it was harsh on her man and could be considered insulting, but Sampson obviously didn't intend it that way, but good to see his woman standing up for her man and lets hope that it stops there and doesn't escalate any further from either of the girls. But no because people do go and to watch the stars do their thing.

This is quite evident when looking at the results of any sporting competition in the world. Teams that have shit results and to many Gubb style of player(average) have far smaller crowds over the season then winning teams that have star players doing their thing and enthralling the fans.

Even when a team has star players, but the team as a whole is not playing well enough for the star player/players to shine consistently the fans will stay away, because the team as a whole is playing like a Gubb/Moeroa.

People want winners. Winners are where the excitement is and mostly Star players deliver that excitement. Gubb is an honest toiler at best, no one other then family or friends will be buying their ticket to the footy on the weekend boning up with excitement and anticipation of watching him do his thing on the footy field unless you have a fetish for mediocrity like @Gronk and Pou that is.

Gronk

Staff member
unless you have a fetish for mediocrity like @Gronk and Pou that is.

giphy.gif

strider

Post Whore
that is always everyone's first defence, taken out f context

bullshit princess, you got what you deserved and you were not misquoted
I agree not taken out of context

But also think she was spot on the money

Gubb falls off the earth, no one gives a f**k ... there will be some other cheapshot overweight merkin to take his place

Gronk

Staff member
I agree not taken out of context

But also think she was spot on the money

Gubb falls off the earth, no one gives a f**k ... there will be some other cheapshot overweight merkin to take his place

Gubb is a grub ?

Gronk

Staff member
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has conceded referees have been prone to 'nitpicking' during the 2018 season, and announced plans for NRL clubs to get salary cap relief if a star player suffers a long-term injury while on rep duty.

Greenberg also announced a new directive that will also give referees more power to sin bin players who are responsible for late hits on playmakers.

The NRL boss, alongside Australian Rugby League Commissioner Peter Beattie, spoke to assembled media at the NRL’s Moore Park headquarters.

Greenberg: Referees have been 'nitpicking'
"I don't want referees looking for penalties, I want them to continue to police those areas," Greenberg said in a press conference on Tuesday.

"I would like to see referees find the balance more often, not look for penalties and adjudicate accordingly.

"When you make change it takes time, the greater resistance you feel the greater change you're making.

"The play-the-ball and lack of ability for players to make a genuine attempt to play the ball was something that was not good last year.

"At times I've seen some over-officiating, that doesn't please me but we have to find the balance."

Referees to crack down on late tackles
Players can now be sin-binned for foul play, with Greenberg confirming the NRL's move to eliminate 'dog shots' on ball players.

There will be a crackdown on late tackles to protect kickers who are vulnerable after they have kicked the ball.

Most recently, Panthers playmaker Nathan Cleary was wiped out by Raiders prop Charlie Gubb on Friday.

"I'm not going to sit and critique every incident from last week and the week before," Greenberg said.

"We want to protect our players, and when we see players being hit late and put in a difficult position, we expect the referees to act.

"If a really poor tackle is made on the field, then they have the ability to enforce the sin bin.

"We could have waited until the end of the season, but we thought it was pragmatic to (make the change) in the middle of the season.

"These are serious incidents... really significant tackles that are made off the ball. Players can expect to be sin binned."

"Any game that doesn't protect it's stars doesn't deserve a soul," Beattie added.

"If we don't protect them in the game, then we're not doing our job."

Salary cap relief for rep stars
Greenberg and Beattie also announced clubs have been enabled to purchase replacements for a player ruled out for a minimum of 12 matches because of an injury sustained in a representative match.

NRL clubs will get salary cap relief of up to up to $350,000 if a star player suffers a long-term injury in a Test or State of Origin.

A high profile case that would fall under the new cap relief scheme would have involved Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson, who is expected to return in round 17 from a knee injury sustained while playing for England during last year’s World Cup.

Under the new scheme, the Raiders could have retained Kurt Baptiste, or signed another replacement. Instead, they have had to draw deep into the depth of their squad.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...y-cap-developments/1lku8k8e61h55122vmt72gmx8c

Penalties were way down last night, which made for a better game, but FMD they let Souths lay all over us.

Latest posts