What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors

handyman2190

Bench
Just read dogs are trying to retire foran.
If allowed this is a big rort. They forked out massive overs for a player that hadnt produced for 3 years, now they are looking to cheat imagine who they will be chasing to replace him creating havoc to other teams making secret offers disrupting rosters.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
If allowed this is a big rort. They forked out massive overs for a player that hadnt produced for 3 years, now they are looking to cheat imagine who they will be chasing to replace him creating havoc to other teams making secret offers disrupting rosters.
lol@the family club,more like the family f**king basket case,they deserve to get stuck with the over priced overrated flop.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
How is it a rort if he gets independently assessed before it's allowed?

How is it a rort if he gets independently assessed before it's allowed?

Not so much a rort as it is a joke.

I don't think for a second that the NRL will approve this but the evidence would need to be pretty compelling that the injury is something new and means that he can no longer play.

Otherwise, it would just mean that your due diligence could suck completely and you can still get away with it.

Everyone else has known that Foran was a fraud of a player for years. Just because the Dogs have worked this out twelve months into a three year deal, doesn't mean they should be able to weasel out of the last two years.

To be honest, I'm not happy about them being able to weasel out of deals for Woods, Mbye and the Morris twins either.

They signed these stupid, back ended agreements and in the process, helped to ratchet up the prices that other players can now seek in the same positions.

They should be made to honor the deals, even if it means they are non competitive for the next few years.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
To be honest, I'm not happy about them being able to weasel out of deals for Woods, Mbye and the Morris twins either.

They signed these stupid, back ended agreements and in the process, helped to ratchet up the prices that other players can now seek in the same positions.

They should be made to honor the deals, even if it means they are non competitive for the next few years.

I agree. Where is des back ending contracts nowadays?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Not so much a rort as it is a joke.

I don't think for a second that the NRL will approve this but the evidence would need to be pretty compelling that the injury is something new and means that he can no longer play.

Otherwise, it would just mean that your due diligence could suck completely and you can still get away with it.

Everyone else has known that Foran was a fraud of a player for years. Just because the Dogs have worked this out twelve months into a three year deal, doesn't mean they should be able to weasel out of the last two years.
I'd be with you if it was the current administration who signed him.

The Morris twins are off contract. They don't belong on that list mate.

Again, previous administration signed these deals, plus I don't think they'd be able to afford 30 players in the squad (which by NRL rules they need to) for 2019 if they didn't jettison some of these players.

I'd be with you if it was the current administration who signed him.

The Morris twins are off contract. They don't belong on that list mate.

Again, previous administration signed these deals, plus I don't think they'd be able to afford 30 players in the squad (which by NRL rules they need to) for 2019 if they didn't jettison some of these players.

I remember last year when they signed Woods and Foran, the NRL wouldn't register the deals until the Dogs showed them how they would be able to register these guys and then still be cap compliant.

I'm sure that part of the solution they showed the NRL at the time wouldn't have been to jettison both these guys in less than 12 months.

Thing is, these big back ended deals affect the entire player market place. They ratchet up the prices for other players in similar positions so for the Dogs to do this and then back out in short time, essentially stuffs up everyone else.

If you sign a four year deal with a player like Woods for example, you shouldn't have to back out of it in year one just to be cap compliant. It's an out and out joke.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I remember last year when they signed Woods and Foran, the NRL wouldn't register the deals until the Dogs showed them how they would be able to register these guys and then still be cap compliant.

I'm sure that part of the solution they showed the NRL at the time wouldn't have been to jettison both these guys in less than 12 months.

Thing is, these big back ended deals affect the entire player market place. They ratchet up the prices for other players in similar positions so for the Dogs to do this and then back out in short time, essentially stuffs up everyone else.

If you sign a four year deal with a player like Woods for example, you shouldn't have to back out of it in year one just to be cap compliant. It's an out and out joke.
Totally different administration at the Dogs mate.

No Dib, no Castle, no Hasler.

The current crew are just cleaning up that mess.

Having to lose players like James Graham and Moses Mbye while still paying part of their contracts is the punishment for that mismanagement.

themacemaceman

Juniors
lol@the family club,more like the family f**king basket case,they deserve to get stuck with the over priced overrated flop.
How the mighty have fallen.
Both Bulldogs and Manly are basket cases at present.
We know how that feels.
We were there for many years.
Makes you appreciate having Russ and Packer on board.
The supporters of those clubs must be filthy at those who have let their clubs go down the track they've gone.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
We know how that feels.
The supporters of those clubs must be filthy at those who have let their clubs go down the track they've gone.
Des Hasler the common link

CliveC

Juniors
We know how that feels.
And Richo