What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dogs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Coulda, shoulda, didn't.

Considering the publicity surrounding the topic, it was a pretty dumb move, fraught with danger.
For a start Jimmy, I'm not into these player v player arguments. In my opinion it clouds the discussion.

I simply noted that Canterbury laying in the ruck was less prevalent after the McInnes penalty.

However, the point of discussion should be more about the League's habit to make knee-jerk rule changes and how this can have an adverse influence on the contest we pay to watch. Moreover, the referees' interpretation of new rules as well as the players and coaches who exploit it. That's probably best said in another thread, but I don't think the new rule will be applied in the same manner again.

Crush

Coach
1st. few more wins and secured a top 4 birth. straight shooter
Ahh but Alec a top 4 position means nothing to the diehard Mary deathriders. He isnt developing the ISP players along the way you see. All the talk on the sack mary thread and all threads for that matter is sack him because he is winning but only with 16 players.

Ahh but Alec a top 4 position means nothing to the diehard Mary deathriders. He isnt developing the ISP players along the way you see. All the talk on the sack mary thread and all threads for that matter is sack him because he is winning but only with 16 players.

I just want him sacked cause he has a funny shaped head, it disturbs my artistic sensibilities.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
For a start Jimmy, I'm not into these player v player arguments. In my opinion it clouds the discussion.

I simply noted that Canterbury laying in the ruck was less prevalent after the McInnes penalty.

However, the point of discussion should be more about the League's habit to make knee-jerk rule changes and how this can have an adverse influence on the contest we pay to watch. Moreover, the referees' interpretation of new rules as well as the players and coaches who exploit it. That's probably best said in another thread, but I don't think the new rule will be applied in the same manner again.

As Canterbury drew a penalty due to McInnes' indiscretion, it makes you wonder why they didn't make another attempt.

ouryears

Bench
I just want him sacked cause he has a funny shaped head, it disturbs my artistic sensibilities.
I want him sacked for failing during 2014 - 2017, and having a lousy crappy winning percentage of around 51%

That ain't going to win anything.

This year? It's only June.
If he takes us to the Top 2, yes he can stay. But based on 3 yrs of pathetic results, people have the right to say he is in over his head.

It may change, let's see.

But saying this year is a success in June, 3.5 months before the end of the season, is desperate and laughable.

How about reserving the hand clapping till September.

I want him sacked for failing during 2014 - 2017, and having a lousy crappy winning percentage of around 51%

That ain't going to win anything.

This year? It's only June.
If he takes us to the Top 2, yes he can stay. But based on 3 yrs of pathetic results, people have the right to say he is in over his head.

It may change, let's see.

But saying this year is a success in June, 3.5 months before the end of the season, is desperate and laughable.

How about reserving the hand clapping till September.
If he wins in September I will be in line to shake his hand, I'll still call him McMuppet though, ain't ever giving that up.

ouryears

Bench
If he wins in September I will be in line to shake his hand, I'll still call him McMuppet though, ain't ever giving that up.
If he wins in Sept, I will polish his shoes, polish his head, buy him endless beers, paint the gym so he doesn't have to, clean his jet ski, shorten all fields to 97 metres, ban tries from kicks, and I will make the interchange bench just 2 players.

I will ban juniors so he doesn't have to consider them any more, tap nighty on the shoulder for him, heck, I will even invite Crush along and party the night away.

Carlton

Juniors
Willow
I agree with what your saying.
Unfortunately in the NRL there are to many rules that are up to the refs option.
But it we lose that then do we lose some of what the game is about

I think the trouble is more we lose what the game is about when the rules are subject to interpretation. No rules, no game.

Interpretation leads to inconsistency and allows for pressure from players, coaches, fans, reporters to influence the way some teams are refereed differently to others.

I'm all for putting up with a bit of pain through increased penalties if thats what it takes to ensure the rules are applied objectively as the rule is written. It wont take long for things to improve.

Why allow walking off the mark, second efforts after held is called, voluntary tackles, markers not square, defenders moving early etc.?

Why the preoccupation with speeding up the game to extent that fatigue is almost eradicated? Why the assumption that fans only want to see tries? Some of the best games I ever saw where actually low scoring, close, tough and nail biting.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Give me a break.
This forum is embarrassing at times. I hope rival clubs supporters don't read this rubbish. Seriously.

As Saints' fans, we can't undertake a mature position and say a rival team is playing exceptionally well without drawing criticism?

I'll go one better. Souths would (currently) have the wood on SGI mainly because of its hooker.

Does this mean I'm not a true supporter?

Crush

Coach
As Saints' fans, we can't undertake a mature position and say a rival team is playing exceptionally well without drawing criticism?

I'll go one better. Souths would (currently) have the wood on SGI mainly because of its hooker.

Does this mean I'm not a true supporter?
Why does everything come back to McInnes with you?
Not a big fan Jimmy?;)