What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I legit thought BA was brewing something special here, he had managed to get us playing relatively consistent footy over the last few years and then that culminated in a top 4 spot last year.

Now I realise the only thing he was brewing was a massive sloppy turd

Chipmunk

Coach
I’m starting to think that punting BA won’t make a difference.

We are just a shit fcking club, no matter who comes in, it’ll be much of the same.

NRL would do us a favour if they punted us.

Such a Negative Nancy

Maybe we've just got the dumbest fans on the planet, who elected a series of f**kheads or incompetents to run the club, to the effect that we're now run by an administrator, whose primary responsibilities are the bottom line. Just a hypothesis.

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe we've just got the dumbest fans on the planet, who elected a series of f**kheads or incompetents to run the club, to the effect that we're now run by an administrator, whose primary responsibilities are the bottom line. Just a hypothesis.

To be fair the merkins who got elected in the past did so on the strength literally only a few hundred people.

The most recent constitutional reforms were defeated on 14 September 2017 when only 173 merkins turned up.

There are 20,000 members however the “system” is not practical and makes it difficult for regular merkins to cast their vote. Clearly an on-line voting system is far more practical however as I understand it the Registered Clubs Act does not allow mail, on-line or proxy voting.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Finally a proper scapegoat - The Registered Clubs Act.

Shit bit of legislation. Probably written on
Toilet paper.

strider

Post Whore
To be fair the merkins who got elected in the past did so on the strength literally only a few hundred people.

The most recent constitutional reforms were defeated on 14 September 2017 when only 173 merkins turned up.

There are 20,000 members however the “system” is not practical and makes it difficult for regular merkins to cast their vote. Clearly an on-line voting system is far more practical however as I understand it the Registered Clubs Act does not allow mail, on-line or proxy voting.
im still confused as f**k who votes for what and who does what

the f**king leagues club members controlled everything - probably most of which couldn't give two tosses about the footy team as long as their pokies were turned on

IFR33K

Coach

You may be right, but surely we also have the dumbest club/admin in professional sport.

eel01s

Bench
Agree we don't have the right admin. All successful clubs have a wealthy and influential leadership team.

We needed someone with the financial clout of Moss to have an interest in the football operation. Until then we can't compete on the TPA front, which means we can't get the best coaches and players.

IFR33K

Coach
They have been one and the same for a long time.

Call me stupid, call me dumb, call me naive, but I’ve been in denial all these years. The club will forever remain a basket case, and I’m adamant we won’t win another comp.

T-Boon

Coach
Arthurs inability to fix that right side defense last night was the nail in the coffin. Truely horrid coaching. First to not see it through the week and prepare, second to just stare at it with the rest of us rubber neckers for 80 minutes.

The only thing that will save him next season is that there doesn't seem to be any appealing candidates out there to replace him. We are thinking Bennett for god sake. I'd rather stick with Arthur.

Is there any young candidates out there. Burt maybe??

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Luke Burt is busy with milky bar adverts and then there will be promotional visits to shopping centres.

Dibs

Bench
Null or alternative?

You may be right, but surely we also have the dumbest club/admin in professional sport.

Quite possibly. Though an administrator's balance of responsibilities are a bit different, so even if you had some genius in the role, you might well get what is happening now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Arthurs inability to fix that right side defense last night was the nail in the coffin

I seriously cant believe some of the stuff being posted today.

The greatest coach ever cant reprogram a team at half time. If put the whole left edge players on the right to fix the problem you whinge because we weakened our left edge.

Latest posts