What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Bennet since he has been back to Brisbane had them in a GF then finish 5th and 2nd. I havent rated their squad that highly since he has been back so done fine.
His sucess at Dragons was great. People blame him for knights. That is a cop out. Sure he may of made a few poor decisions like every other coach has. To blame him for the whole mess is bullshit though.
Here people say it takes 5yrs for BA to get juniors come through....I doubt Bennet was one who handed them 3 wooden spoons.

But but but, he left saints in a mess. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

IFR33K

Coach
I also read Norman is on 900k next season. No wonder titans declined him, can’t believe he was signed to such $$$ considering the stunts he was pulling 2 years ago. Another master stroke by the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I also read Norman is on 900k next season. No wonder titans declined him, can’t believe he was signed to such $$$ considering the stunts he was pulling 2 years ago. Another master stroke by the club.
I thought he was forced to take less because he carried on like a f**kstick in 2016????

Looks like that was BS as well.

IFR33K

Coach
I thought he was forced to take less because he carried on like a f**kstick in 2016????

The club; We’ll sign thugs, gangsters and crims on the cheap. But any money we save on signing them, we’ll hand out to drop kicks, junkies and potential crims.

This is parra and this makes perfect sense.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I read that is wrong and he is only on $750k or so:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/e...l/news-story/14ab81fa00f1a4ee44ea42f974da915f

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...m/news-story/6ed43f446288c75e542c9f1b352e96db

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...s-to-resign-corey-norman-20160513-goumhe.html

Anyhow we are probably wrong!!

But maybe the club has signed Norman to reasonable contract but nothing stupid !

Glenneel

Bench
You think it's better to force a bloke to retire rather than letting him realise his means of providing for his family is over?

Have you considered what it would be like to be in your early 30s and be told your earning capacity has just been cut in half (or less). His oldest kid is only five FFS.
Yes I think a person that has suffered a brain injury with ongoing symptoms be let go before he suffers something much more permanent. Its called duty of care and if the player doesn't make the call the club has to. Btw if he is medically retired I'd expect his contract would continue be paid until it ends (but by insurance coy not the club). Additionally any player on a contract always has to prepare himself that his contract may not be renewed so plan accordingly. Its the same in business and sport so you plan accordingly.

Glenneel

Bench
What a stupid post.
How do you know the club had the right to medically retire him immediately. I am sure they have due process to go through with a series of tests, 2nd opinions etc. all before they were within their right to tell him that his footy career is over.
Given it is his and his families livelihood, i am sure he explored every possibility available to him before that final decision was made.That all takes time
Yes the club would have done all that (and that should have been bloody obvious to all and sundry without having to explain I would have thought) and the final call is made by the medical professionals. A club cannot just sack a player without a valid excuse (again something that is obvious so I thought).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about Benny and I dont think he is the answer for us.

Sure he has some achievements but when you consider the roster he has had over the last say 15 years at Broncos, he should have won at least 10 premierships there. He also gets what ever players he wants with Broncos dollars which we simply dont have and will never have so he would have to work with a substandard roster right now, or next year.

He tried to fix up the Knights roster and look what happened.

Personally I think he is past his use by date.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was among the Dally M leaders at the time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He would've taken less than if he hadn't been a f**kwit off the field. I reckon without those hijinks he probably would've signed with Storm/Broncos/Roosters. For more than he's on now.

Glenneel

Bench
Why would Bennett go to a club run by a penny-pinching Administrator, who is also controlling the finances of their major financial contributor.?
Bennett here would improve the club's profile, we'd find it easier to get the players we want, our results would improve as will the finances. Win win all round. He mightn't win us a premiership but I can tell you we'll have more chance with him than BA.
Btw has anybody noticed the clubs sponsor's banner behind the coach at the press conferences? Other club's show a multitude of major sponsors highlighted, Parra's does not, and that'll improve under Bennett.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I think a person that has suffered a brain injury with ongoing symptoms be let go before he suffers something much more permanent. Its called duty of care and if the player doesn't make the call the club has to. Btw if he is medically retired I'd expect his contract would continue be paid until it ends (but by insurance coy not the club). Additionally any player on a contract always has to prepare himself that his contract may not be renewed so plan accordingly. Its the same in business and sport so you plan accordingly.
That's right, which is why we kept him at the club during the final year of his contract until he decided to retire. If we were going to have to pay him anyway why not keep him around with his mates? With his experience and dedication he would've been a good club man. It's also not a good look for the other players to see the club discard merkins when they're down.

Glenneel

Bench
Did we lose a player from the 30 minute mark in last nite's game? Because it looked like we were one player short on the right side