What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watmough unleashes on DCE

Maroon4life

Juniors
Dce is most probably a bit of a divisive character, but I also think he is just different to the regular footy player, and some of the knockabout lads probably just don't know what to make of him, so different = f**kwit?

I can't believe the shit he still catches for backflipping on the Titans, whereas people like inglis, Lewis, Tedesco, papalli all excercised exactly the same right and are allowed to go about their careers in relative peace.

Dude must feel the weight of the world on his shoulders nearly every game, which is fine when he is in form, but he isn't at the moment and this shit would be getting heavy.

Least manly didn't back Foran, I'd rather have an overpaid dce than an overpaid and broken down foran, even if he is more "one of the lads"

Hey Daly.

Zadar

Juniors
Brady has played for nearly 20 years in a league with huge rosters and high turnover rates - so he has an awful lot of former teammates. How many have said a bad word about him?

And he is actually very humble, something DCE doesn’t seem to be.

roofromoz

First Grade
Had a listen to the podcast.

The beeping machine would have been worn out by the end if it was used. Watmough does love a swear or two... hundred.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
I remember reading articles in the Manly Daily about this at the time & felt DCE was well within his rights.

2010 signs with Manly on the Minimum Award ($60k per year I believe..?) & played with Manly’s feeder club in QLD Cup that year. Won QLD Cup Rookie & Player of Year.

2011 relocated to Sydney as starting halfback where he held the position all season. DCE won Dally M Rookie & Manly won the Grand Final. I think he even got a game for the Kangaoos?

Still being paid $65k. I would think it more than reasonable to request an upgrade to his salary - most clubs budget for this.

For Watmough & the other Senior Players to expect DCE to continue on Min Award is absurd. The Senior Players were probably taking a pay cut of 10% off their $500-600k (Pay cut $50-60k). However the market for a decent half then was probably $600-700k (Pay cut $440-540) - not really apples-with-apples??

I’m not a Manly supporter - just feel like the bloke is not getting fair go with this story.

Current contract, form, Hastings etc - are separate issues.

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
So much discussion over the most overpaid player in the comp.

Even Bird is better value than DCE..

No just screwed your beloved club over more than once and ruined the reputation of a club legend in the process.

What is a rape crawl by the way? Apart from a inaccurate deflection
9 counts of wrong there chump

The owners pulled the contract which got a hefty raise once Foreskin showed his true colors

A rape crawl is that thing wife basher does as a post try celebration that some idiots thinks looks like a lizard, however given the rape face he pulls doing it, it's a rape crawl

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bird, Foran or DCE? Tough call on biggest waste of money for 2018!

With players salaries rocketing I think we will see more and more expectation on players from fans and media, after all if youre getting a million bucks shouldnt we expect more?

typicalfan

Coach
9 counts of wrong there chump

The owners pulled the contract which got a hefty raise once Foreskin showed his true colors

A rape crawl is that thing wife basher does as a post try celebration that some idiots thinks looks like a lizard, however given the rape face he pulls doing it, it's a rape crawl
It isn’t my team how the team is right now it makes no difference to me, but DCE has played Manly well.

It isn’t my team how the team is right now it makes no difference to me, but DCE has played Manly well.
Not as well as old man winter up there has held the cows back only delivering 2 grand final appearances for one win and JT has historically taken a higher percentage of the cap than DCE commanding near 1 mil a year whilst Orford was on half that

Furthermore now the origin team is in ruination due to Thurston not liking his successor

But what should we expect from a troglodyte who can't string a sentence together without 3 cliches and an assload of um yeah or yeah nah

Enjoy the final years bro

eagles4eva

First Grade
Watmoung is a bitter tool.

DCE form has fallen greatly, mind you he hasn't had a decent 5/8 outside him since Foran..

t-ba

Post Whore
He was ok last year with Blake Green.

I don't think he was anything but honest with the club in regards to his contractual situation. I mean, Foran had clearly agreed to terms with the Eels months before but instead of being honest with the club was waiting for DCE to sign so he could pin the blame on him being forced out of the club. That was the real scum move of that whole saga.

He definitely is not earning his keep at the moment but it is hardly his fault the club gave him so much cash.

Latest posts