What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys Rd 15

Jason Oliver had t been watching the Warriors as long as I have then. Nothing has ever topped the legendary defensive effort in Penrith where we won with something like 30% possession.
It was good defense, but Cows other than JT2 hitting the line didnt seem to threaten to much or have lots of angle runners. But that was on us keeping JT quite.
Something isn't right at Cowboys camp, Manly getting it splashed all over papers, Cows lucky they outside of Sydney.

Benek

Juniors
The defensive effort tonight doesnt excite me because its not like the lopsided possession rate is some outside force beyond the players control. We gave them heaps of unecessary ball from bonehead plays. It looked like the boys were trying to give the Cowboys every possible chance to win the game. If you put yourself under unecessary pressure its your duty to get out of it. But far far far better would be to not put yourself in that precarious position in the first place.

I thought it was a generally very poor performance that we got lucky to escape from with a win. Im not sure that performance would have beaten any of the other teams in the comp.

Blair

Coach
The defensive effort tonight doesnt excite me because its not like the lopsided possession rate is some outside force beyond the players control. We gave them heaps of unecessary ball from bonehead plays. It looked like the boys were trying to give the Cowboys every possible chance to win the game. If you put yourself under unecessary pressure its your duty to get out of it. But far far far better would be to not put yourself in that precarious position in the first place.

I thought it was a generally very poor performance that we got lucky to escape from with a win. Im not sure that performance would have beaten any of the other teams in the comp.

Reality check. Thanks.

Big Marn

Juniors

i dont necessarily agree with all of that.
The first half was great and it was only 3 Isaac Luke errors that stopped the scoreline being bigger, plus the ref found a Blake green knockon that wasnt, that lead to a late first half try to the Cowboys.

In the second half we should have put the game to bed when we set up Kata who injured himself in the act of scoring and lost the ball. Gerald Beale got pinged for a knockon that wasnt and then we never saw the ball for about 5 consecutive sets followed by another Isaac Luke error which didnt help. We did bloody well to fend off wave after wave of JT and JT attacks. We looked like we were going to shoot ourselves in the foot like the Warriors of old, but we didnt.

We got lucky with Kyle Feldts backchat penalty but it would have been unlucky if we had lost that game.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
His penalty was off a great one on one tackle, which shouldn’t have been a penalty anyway, dude wasn’t off the ground
Yeah I didnt think it was a penalty but then I saw the replay and remembered it was 2018. Im just happy his defence is coming around because as you know, thats everyones criticism of him.

We definitely beat the refs today, they gave the Cows some serious leg ups.
We handed them the ball way to much to say refs gave them a leg up. We have them the leg up.

Henry had a couple if bunker over turns.
But thought both sides let away with more time in the ruck than previous weeks

JJ

Immortal
Overseas so haven't seen it, good to get the 2 pts, I thought the Cows would show something, TBH they've been a disgrace given their talent, yet most everyone is them and their stars and coach a free pass

morningstar

Juniors
Jason Oliver had t been watching the Warriors as long as I have then. Nothing has ever topped the legendary defensive effort in Penrith where we won with something like 30% possession.

Don’t forget the peerless performance of Shayne Hayne with the whistle as well.

vvvrulz

Coach
It was a terrific performance, let’s not forget many of those cows won a title and they threw the kitchen sink at us in the second half. They are not slouches and JT on half power is still JT.

We made stupid mistakes + endured some typical Perenara calls - but defended our line with guts and closed it off Storm style.

Real test coming in coming weeks.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Perenara isn't crooked, just flat out woeful, close to the worst I've seen with a whistle in the aussie comp

Bit of talk about the Cowboys in the posts above, they look sooooooo slow with everything they do, and all of their passing is 5m back from the line so is easy to pick off, outside of "give it to Jason and see what he can do" and throwing something up in the air for Feldt, they have nothing. Thurston is definitely a year too long, everything he does is looking laboured at the moment. Sadly for me the give it to Jason was all they needed to beat us !!

Last edited:

Latest posts