What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Sunday 1st July v Cowboys @ Barlow park

Travitoh

First Grade
Most weeks I'd say yes but with the potential of half our forward pack being rested, that could make it tough.
Confident in Tatola, Murray and Nicholls that they can do a job but the Burgess three will be hard to replace and our bench rotation will be relatively unknown.

I may have a punt on NQ if they're at $2.20+ but I'll still tip Souths in a wrestle.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Most weeks I'd say yes but with the potential of half our forward pack being rested, that could make it tough.
Confident in Tatola, Murray and Nicholls that they can do a job but the Burgess three will be hard to replace and our bench rotation will be relatively unknown.

I may have a punt on NQ if they're at $2.20+ but I'll still tip Souths in a wrestle.
Fui and Farah to come in doesn’t hurt

Travitoh

First Grade
Fui and Farah to come in doesn’t hurt

Would Farah feature though? I doubt Origin players will be rested this time around.

Fui will be a good in but we'r a bit thin on props without the Burgii. Johnstone and Britt on to the bench perhaps?

ThingFish

Juniors

We basically played without the twins tonight anyway. They were very quiet. I think they just cracked 50m each.

Travitoh

First Grade
We basically played without the twins tonight anyway. They were very quiet. I think they just cracked 50m each.

Agreed they were quiet but they both still played about 45 minutes each and NQ will have a better pack than Parra

ThingFish

Juniors
Agreed they were quiet but they both still played about 45 minutes each and NQ will have a better pack than Parra
I don’t think we’ll rest the Denver boys anyway. I think I heard Sammy say somewhere they weren’t planning on missing any NRL.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t think we’ll rest the Denver boys anyway. I think I heard Sammy say somewhere they weren’t planning on missing any NRL.
I think they'll back up as we don't play til the Sunday....

This will be a tough match against Cowboys. Always is in Cairns.

I would not be shocked if we drop this one!

Can't win em all.

Pommy

Coach
I think the England players are due back Tuesday morning, Penrith's players played origin Wednesday and backed up Friday night. I cant see any reason why the brothers can't back up after flying back to Aus first class. The issue is more for St George, the NRL are dumb as f**k and put a Thursday night game on after an international break.
We have a week break after Origin so no need to rest any of those who are fit to play, Farah looks likely to be at Tigers by then anyway.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I think they'll back up as we don't play til the Sunday....

This will be a tough match against Cowboys. Always is in Cairns.

I would not be shocked if we drop this one!

Can't win em all.
You've been saying we'll lose every game for like a month now. :joy: Don't you ever get sick of being wrong? Or will you just keep saying it until we eventually lose one, then try to brag about calling it?

I'm assuming all of our rep players will back up, especially since we have a bye the week after.

Taumalolo is the only Cowboys player in any type of form at the moment.

I don't see them having the firepower in attack to beat us.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
You've been saying we'll lose every game for like a month now. :joy: Don't you ever get sick of being wrong? Or will you just keep saying it until we eventually lose one, then try to brag about calling it?

I'm assuming all of our rep players will back up, especially since we have a bye the week after.

Taumalolo is the only Cowboys player in any type of form at the moment.

I don't see them having the firepower in attack to beat us.

Emotional hedging at it's finest.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Reverse emotional hedging for me, we are going to lap this mob,without Morgan and JT showing bugger all we will win and win well.
If we don't win I'll be bloody filthy and not worth talking to,but that won't happen and it will be a great boost to our for and against,"f**k the Cowgirls"!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reverse emotional hedging for me, we are going to lap this mob,without Morgan and JT showing bugger all we will win and win well.
If we don't win I'll be bloody filthy and not worth talking to,but that won't happen and it will be a great boost to our for and against,"f**k the Cowgirls"!!
AJ
Campbell
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
George (fingers crossed his quad is all good)
Sutto
Angus
Sam

Douiehi
Murray
Clark
Tatola

Fuimaono
Hunt
Nicholls
??? Maybe Dean Britt

Rabbitoad

Juniors
AJ
Campbell
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
George (fingers crossed his quad is all good)
Sutto
Angus
Sam

Douiehi
Murray
Clark
Tatola

Fuimaono
Hunt
Nicholls
??? Maybe Dean Britt
So literally just the squad we've been using?

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Looking forward to Sunday now lads, I can't wait. I know I say it every week but this is simply a game we cannot take lightly. Despite their indifferent year, the Cowboys still have a classy side that can really turn it on. I mean, we all saw what they did to us in Round 11, we were very lucky to win that game.

On another note, while it may be temping for Seibs to rest some players, I don't think he will. It's a whole seven day turn around which should be ample time. I believe the Burgess boys are already back in Aus too which is good.

'Very happy the Blues got up' - Johnston: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/alex-johnston-full-press-conference/

'The leaders really drill it into us' - Doueihi: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/adam-doueihi-full-press-conference/

Sutton excited for rep player returns: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/sutton-full-press-conferance/

NSW Women's win a highlight for Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/06/25/adam-reynolds---full-press-conference/