What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bunker

skeepe

Immortal
I don’t often agree with Gould, but he was 100% correct today.

That Shannon Boyd try... the ref was right there, sent it up as a try and only asked for the obstruction to be checked. How Klein can say there is clear evidence that he did not ground the ball given the live decision of try... that should be a sackable offence.

Broncoandy

Juniors

That Shannon Boyd try... the ref was right there, sent it up as a try and only asked for the obstruction to be checked. How Klein can say there is clear evidence that he did not ground the ball given the live decision of try... that should be a sackable offence.
The game is now ruled by referees in every aspect mate. They get told to let/make teams win. Rugby League should be renamed RLWF. Just like watching WWE....all games are rigged. Trust me, I know people in high places.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The wighton no try i didnt like it but hodgson was offside. I understand he cant vanish but i think its safer that the rule be black and white than leave it to the whims of the mental case in the bunker.

The Boyd no try was an absolute shocker. I can only speculate that klein thought it went up as no try based on what he said.

Danish

Referee
The boyd no try was baffling. I can only assume the video ref thought it was sent up as no try or something, although even then it looked like the ball touched to me.

All other decisions I was happy with. An offside player can’t disappear, but also has to actively try to get out of the way. He can’t act as a “sleeper” and hold his ground like Hodgson did.

The other potential obstructions that were cleared and awarded tries to the raiders were all also correct calls.

nick87

Coach
The wighton no try i didnt like it but hodgson was offside. I understand he cant vanish but i think its safer that the rule be black and white than leave it to the whims of the mental case in the bunker.

The Boyd no try was an absolute shocker. I can only speculate that klein thought it went up as no try based on what he said.
That was my view too
Hodgson cant really do anything in that circumstance, once he started walking back towards the play, the onus is on him not to impede, but he's in front of the ball carrier, not passive and impeded a defender. That's a penalty

Intentional or not, id rather it be black and white than let the idiots in charge apply their own discretion on things like that, they've proven time and again they aren't capable of that, so whilst it sucks im happy to eat shit on rare occasions like that where an otherwise good try is disallowed than the alternative where every official has their own interpretation

The Boyd no try was an egregious f**k up, bunker clearly thought it was sent up as no try, rather than try, and even if it was sent up no try, there was probably enough there to justify an overturn
there was certainly no where near the conclusiveness required to overturn a rule of try.

Raiderdave

First Grade
officially that's it for the bunker yesterday
I'm still in shock

the only saving grace was it had no impact on the result , imagine that thought process being brought out & that was the call to win .. or lose .. the Grand Final

Canard

Immortal
The game is now ruled by referees in every aspect mate. They get told to let/make teams win. Rugby League should be renamed RLWF. Just like watching WWE....all games are rigged. Trust me, I know people in high places.

Those two junkies that sleep next to your cardboard box, aren't as well connected as you think.

Barkley

Bench
images

Peet

Juniors

If you watch the replay, the ref DID ask for the grounding to be checked as well as possible obstruction (Gould was commentating loudly over it) - however, I still think the ref was in a better position.