What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATED: Tigers Injury List

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday 18 February 2014 5:38 PM
Wests Tigers could be bolstered by the return of a number of players for this weekend’s trial match against the Cronulla Sharks at Remondis Stadium.
Halfback Luke Brooks has recovered well from a back injury and is expected to make his return, along with Nathan Brown (pectoral), David Nofoaluma (hamstring), Ava Seumanufagai (shoulder) and Jack Buchanan (ankle).
Keith Galloway is also a slight chance of making his return from a toe injury, however the prop will be monitored further throughout this week.
Following on from the NRL Auckland Nines tournament, scans on Mitchell Moses’ shoulder have revealed no major damage, however the five-eighth will miss this weekend’s trial match.
Curtis Sironen underwent surgery on his foot yesterday, revealing further damage than originally diagnosed with the back-rower now set to miss 12 weeks.
Precautionary scans on Liam Fulton’s shoulder have revealed no major damage, however he will also miss this week’s trial match against Cronulla.
Sauaso Sue suffered a minor contusion to his shoulder in Saturday’s NSW Cup trial against Mounties and will not play this weekend.
Tim Simona has progressed well from his shoulder surgery and is a slight chance of making a return in Round 1.
Tim Moltzen will see his surgeon in two weeks, with a more accurate timeline on his return to come following that.
Coach Mick Potter will name his side to face the Sharks tomorrow afternoon.
PLAYER INJURIES & EXPECTED RETURN
Mitchell Moses (Shoulder, Round 1)
Curtis Sironen (Foot, 12 weeks)
Liam Fulton (Pectoral, 1 week)
Sauaso Sue (Shoulder 1 week)
Tim Simona (Shoulder, Round 1/2)
Dene Halatau (Ankle, 12 weeks)
Tim Moltzen (Knee, indefinite)

http://www.weststigers.com.au/injury-update

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simona & lawrence round 4 or 5
Fulton round 5
Sironen & halatau round 13

magpie guy

Juniors
Not sure if this has been covered but I heard the interview with Siro before the TripleM call that he rekons he is 4 weeks away from playing so make that round 10 possibly. Also was mentioned that he has bulked up and will likely be at a playing weight of about 105kgs. Siro also played down calls of being "the biggest 5/8 ever" which makes it seem almost certain he will be in the backrow when he returns.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gavet Round 9 or 10
Sue & Farah round 10
Sironen & halatau round 12
Tedesco & Moltzen round 14 or 15

macnaz

Staff member
I heard he was back running about 2-3 weeks ago

Wow.. great news.. I really hope he can get over this , not only for the club but primarily for Teddy ..... the guy is really deserving of a break and a shot at showing his potential and having good nrl career

Tigerm

First Grade
RYAN James has been found guilty of a careless high tackle that broke James Tedesco’s jaw, but he will be free to play this weekend after a bizarre intervention by one of the NRL’s judiciary panel members.

Tiger05

First Grade
...Packer 4 yrs/matulino 3 yrs/Taylor 3 yrs/Mbye 4yrs...

Cleary’s moronic recruitment is going to come back to bite him where the sun don’t shine.His coaching tenure at Concord is going to end ugly !

I'm okay with the Mbye signing. The others are really poor.

Shredder

Juniors
Packer, Mats and Taylor were either ex or current internationals when they signed with us. They arent poor ffs they are finding their feet in a completely new club just like everyone else at the team.

Im interested to see how many people bag MBye when it takes him time to fit our structures.

Patience we have won nearly half of our games this year which is a f**k load better than previous years.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The main problem I have with the signings is that they are all a year too long..

Imagine Matulino come 2020.,, he is only playing 36 mins a game now...

Shredder

Juniors
We dont know if thats him of if thats the way Ivan wants him to play.

Twal is a young fella and doing well, maybe Ivan is giving him extra game time to guild up his minutes?

BuffaloRules

Coach
We dont know if thats him of if thats the way Ivan wants him to play.

Twal is a young fella and doing well, maybe Ivan is giving him extra game time to guild up his minutes?

Maybe...

I have my concerns about getting two more decent years out of him though..

Will also still have McQueen on the books come 2020 and that’s a scary thought..

Vic Mackey

Referee
...Packer 4 yrs/matulino 3 yrs/Taylor 3 yrs/Mbye 4yrs...

Cleary’s moronic recruitment is going to come back to bite him where the sun don’t shine.His coaching tenure at Concord is going to end ugly !

His recruitment is in stage 1

We came 15th last year. We’ll probably come 10th/11th this year. We’ve bought 1 quality player for next year and still have money for another couple. We are miles ahead of anywhere Taylor took us.

The run at the start of the year gave us unrealistic expectations. Today was horrible and whilst not excusable, understandable.

2 weeks off is drastically needed and then we will have a new 1/6/9 for a game at Leichhardt.

BuffaloRules

Coach
His recruitment is in stage 1

We came 15th last year. We’ll probably come 10th/11th this year. We’ve bought 1 quality player for next year and still have money for another couple. We are miles ahead of anywhere Taylor took us.

The run at the start of the year gave us unrealistic expectations. Today was horrible and whilst not excusable, understandable.

2 weeks off is drastically needed and then we will have a new 1/6/9 for a game at Leichhardt.

I resoect your optimism...I wish I could summon up some of it after a loss like today..

But can I say just because the 1/6/9 will be “new” doesn’t mean that things are will be different..,

I trust you have watched Mbye of late... do you think he is playing well?

Robbie is 34..