What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

Noname36

First Grade
Ah well there you go, you guys were right.

Not sure I’d be re-signing Sione if it’s to play back row as it gave him a lot of trouble before and might end up hurting us financially if he can’t play on but hopefully the concussion issues have been sorted out. I trust Brown and Mooney and he’s certainly been playing good football.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Ah well there you go, you guys were right.

Not sure I’d be re-signing Sione if it’s to play back row as it gave him a lot of trouble before and might end up hurting us financially if he can’t play on but hopefully the concussion issues have been sorted out. I trust Brown and Mooney and he’s certainly been playing good football.

Lol talk about the greatest back tracking of all time.
What happened to Brown being irresponsible? Lol far out classic.

This isn’t even my personal option talking but what I feel Brown is thinking. It’s been clear that Sione has trimmed down a lot to improve his speed and agility. Do you really think Brown has encouraged that if he thinks he’s back in the forwards next year where we weren’t going to re-sign him anyway? I really doubt it. He doesn’t strike me as a coach that’s that irresponsible by his players.

Noname36

First Grade

I said I don’t know if I’d re-sign Sione if it was to play in the back row I.e. I don’t think it’s a responsible decision.

Can you not read?

BUT if Sione is being re-signed in the view that he might be a backrower then what’s done is done and I’ll hope for a positive outcome for him and the club. I trust Brown and Mooney and they know more than me about how he’s getting on with the contact/concussions.

And his current form certainly justifies a new contract I guess...wouldn’t you say so? Where have you been btw? Pathetic how you disappeared when you couldn’t criticise Sione. This is exactly why we know you’re not a real Knights fan. What a joke lol.

Burwood

Bench
Where have you been btw? Pathetic how you disappeared when you couldn’t criticise Sione. This is exactly why we know you’re not a real Knights fan. What a joke lol.

Is there a better time to be Woosh? Brown just signed a contract with no end date, and Sione's re-signing is imminent. :D

Joel-22

Juniors

Backtracking? Noname simply conceded that he was wrong about something. That's called humility - you should try it sometime.

Joel-22

Juniors
Out of interest why do u think he has a higher ceiling in the backrow than centre?

He isn't fast enough or mobile enough to make it as a rep centre. He's competing with guys like Roberts, Latrell, Aitken etc.

Conversely, he is a very fast and very mobile backrower.

Spot On

Coach
Surprising that they see him moving again to backrow. His career could have been over with a couple more bad knocks. Plays centre this year and so far he has got through relatively unscathed. I just don't buy it. Will be interesting to watch unfold.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Surprising that they see him moving again to backrow. His career could have been over with a couple more bad knocks. Plays centre this year and so far he has got through relatively unscathed. I just don't buy it. Will be interesting to watch unfold.
Given he's still only a boy, I imagine Sione will be quite a thick set lad by his mid to late twenties, I would of thought around this time he would be in the backrow

Noname36

First Grade

Yeah, very very surprising.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I said I don’t know if I’d re-sign Sione if it was to play in the back row I.e. I don’t think it’s a responsible decision.

Can you not read?

BUT if Sione is being re-signed in the view that he might be a backrower then what’s done is done and I’ll hope for a positive outcome for him and the club. I trust Brown and Mooney and they know more than me about how he’s getting on with the contact/concussions.

And his current form certainly justifies a new contract I guess...wouldn’t you say so? Where have you been btw? Pathetic how you disappeared when you couldn’t criticise Sione. This is exactly why we know you’re not a real Knights fan. What a joke lol.

Blah blah blah.
You were so sure Brown saw Sione as a centre even calling him irresponsible if he was shift to Sione back to the backrow lol!!
But as usual you’re backtracking at a rate of knots.
Brown knows you can’t have a guy half size of Sione making his tackles.
It’s embarassing for Brown and Sione having to hide him in defense.

Yosh

Coach
Blah blah blah.
You were so sure Brown saw Sione as a centre even calling him irresponsible if he was shift to Sione back to the backrow lol!!
But as usual you’re backtracking at a rate of knots.
Brown knows you can’t have a guy half size of Sione making his tackles.
It’s embarassing for Brown and Sione having to hide him in defense.

I just don't get it... If you hate how the organization is run to this degree, why not go support another club? Sure, as fans, we have the right to voice our concerns but you're just taking the piss. You have anything nice to say about the club? Sh*t.. Are you Gagai or Uate by any chance? Bennett?

Old dog

Juniors
Am surprised that talk is about Sione going back to 2nd row, I thought he might stay at centre especially if Moga doesn't come good or another centre is signed. He is coming good at centre and I would be inclined to leave him there for another season but I do think back row is where he will end up but hopefully not for a couple of seasons

Noname36

First Grade
I just don't get it... If you hate how the organization is run to this degree, why not go support another club? Sure, as fans, we have the right to voice our concerns but you're just taking the piss. You have anything nice to say about the club? Sh*t.. Are you Gagai or Uate by any chance? Bennett?

He does support another club. He only comes in here to try and give it to Brown or Sione because he’s so creepily obsessed with Gagai and he can’t handle the fact that Brown didn’t hand over 1million a year to keep him even though he didn’t deserve close to it and Sione slotted into Dane’s right centre position, despite being a stop gap, and we haven’t lost anything. Sione is a crap defender, but he’s no worse than our previously highest paid player that usually occupied the position...and Woosh knows that, hence the obsession.

It’s so telling that he hides like the weak little bitch he is when he can’t find anything to attack Brown or Sione for. If he was a real Knights supporter he would have been in here praising the boys for their performance on the weekend but yet he couldn’t be sighted off Nobbys...tells you a lot about him doesn’t it?

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Given he's still only a boy, I imagine Sione will be quite a thick set lad by his mid to late twenties, I would of thought around this time he would be in the backrow

Yeah, this is a good point. I would hope he can settle in to a set position soon though. If he's seen as a starter and not a utility and we are investing in him going forward then surely he deserves a good shot at something soon.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yeah, this is a good point. I would hope he can settle in to a set position soon though. If he's seen as a starter and not a utility and we are investing in him going forward then surely he deserves a good shot at something soon.
for his sake I hope we give him a decent crack, constantly moving him around so early in his career has no doubt stunted his development somewhat and been a little unfair on such a young player finding his feet in the top grade.

To his credit he's done the job asked of him and obviously loves the club. He hasnt been very good at any position thus far but thats to be expected of a young player constantly changing, body shape, position, side of the field, in first grade when most his age are still playing junior footy.

To put it in perspective at Sione's age Thurston was coming off the bench for the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
for his sake I hope we give him a decent crack, constantly moving him around so early in his career has no doubt stunted his development somewhat and been a little unfair on such a young player finding his feet in the top grade.

To his credit he's done the job asked of him and obviously loves the club. He hasnt been very good at any position thus far but thats to be expected of a young player constantly changing, body shape, position, side of the field, in first grade when most his age are still playing junior footy.

To it in perspective at Sione's age Thurston was coming off the bench for the Bulldogs.

Hopefully all that moving around positions makes him a even better all rounded player as he matures.

Snikt

Juniors
Ideally Sione should have been left on the wing for the early part of his career but it didnt turn out that way thanks to Stone and later on Bennett. He has been showing improvement the last few weeks at centre, although i didnt see the game yesterday so im not sure if that trend has continued

Noname36

First Grade
Ideally Sione should have been left on the wing for the early part of his career but it didnt turn out that way thanks to Stone and later on Bennett. He has been showing improvement the last few weeks at centre, although i didnt see the game yesterday so im not sure if that trend has continued

I didn’t see the end of the game but for the 60 minutes I did watch he was wonderful in defence. Stopped a few certain tries on our line...a nice turn around for him. He made a few errors with the ball in hand though...however the whole side did.