What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
You still think forwards are the reason we're struggling. Our kicking game has been atrocious since our first 2 wins. Thursday our forwards were good, like they have been in recent weeks. The problem was even when given a good platform off the back of a Brown 10m+ run with a quick play the ball, Norman still was kicking down Johnston's throat. The best forwards in the game aren't going to do shit if the opposition fullback is fielding kicks uncontested on their 20m line.

Great, so not only do we need about dozen fat forwards, we need some who can kick?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Speaking of the Dogs, since Klemmer is not for sale, I wonder if Jackson is? I know he's not exciting, but I think he would improve our pack.
Also, what do we think of Victor Radley? He's tough, seems like a good defender, could shift to the backrow if Mahoney comes on, caught behind Jake Friend.

(Apologies for quoting my own post)

Bazal

Post Whore
Also, what do we think of Victor Radley? He's tough, seems like a good defender, could shift to the backrow if Mahoney comes on, caught behind Jake Friend.

I like Radley but I think he's one of those guys who maybe doesn't quite have a position? He's kind of played a bit of hooker, where he looked a little out of sorts, a bit of backrow and a little lock.

At 182cm and 92kg he's probably not got a lot of growing left to do. He's very strong but I think once teams start to work him out he might not be a particularly effective backrower and I've seen nothing to suggest he's a better attacking hooker than Pritchard or Mahoney

Probably moot anyway, 'sif the Roosters will let him go. He'll be driving around in a new Audi that was a "gift from a relative" in no time!

JokerEel

Coach

Radley is already a better player then Jake Friend.. The Roosters wont be losing him at all.

emjaycee

Coach
Yet BA overlooked it?
Do we put an x against him for that? See I feel he neglected certain areas. Goal kicking was a big one for me.
What makes you think BA neglected goal kicking?

In 2017, Moses (83.78%) and Gutherson (75.38%) kicked enough goals, in fact the 2017 Grand Finalists had Smith kicking at 79.3% and Ethan Lowe at 79.66% (also Thurston at 86.67% and Feldt at 70.83%) so our 2017 goal kicking wouldn't have seemed like an issue.

In 2018, the leading clubs have Reynolds at 74.65% and Widdop at 79.76% vs. Moses at 75% so while our kicking is below 2017, it isn't the cause of our problems on its own. Although we don't have a reliable backup for Moses with Gutherson only landing 4/10 this year.

emjaycee

Coach
Did he? I suspect BA is very specific with who he signs and won’t just sign anyone for the sake of it.

BA last year made an offer to Feldt and was also looking at Nofoaluma (there was also rumours of an offer to Tupou), but it didn’t come off. So he was clearly not overlooking the wing position.
And whether we have landed him or not (still to be seen) we have been talking to Koribite about a return to NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yet BA overlooked it?
Do we put an x against him for that? See I feel he neglected certain areas. Goal kicking was a big one for me.
Moses and Gutherson can kick goals. They’ve just been shit, like everything else. As for wingers, we signed one of the best in the game but he seems to be stuck in the centres.

84 Baby

Referee
Speaking of the Dogs, since Klemmer is not for sale, I wonder if Jackson is? I know he's not exciting, but I think he would improve our pack.
I don't think he would enough to his probable salary (even if Dogs chipped in for awhile). He has regressed badly. Plus I think Dogs will shed enough with Mbye, Woods & Foran going (if they in fact do)

Latest posts