What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
I think the cold weather is more reason that having a few weeks for origin makes sense. This time of year lots of people are spending their money on SOO and generally people lose interest in the NRL due to the influence of SOO. Add on a bit of cold damp weather and you have a pretty good recipe for shit crowds.

I can understand the comment maybe about how Newcastle are performing but the cold?
It was full sunshine and a bit windy.
f**kers need to put an extra jumper or jacket on.

I don't disagree and I think that bad weather is basically used as a cop out excuse on this forum. Having said that when your team gets multiple wooden spoons in a row and is once again playing like busteds it doesn't take much disincentive not to go to the match.

Sure fans could just put on an extra jumper but why make that effort to sit out in the cold and watch your struggling team get beaten comfortably? The core fans are happy to do that but the casual fans aren't.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I can understand the comment maybe about how Newcastle are performing but the cold?
It was full sunshine and a bit windy.
f**kers need to put an extra jumper or jacket on.

I flicked the Newy game on for about a minute and they did a crowd shot and showed a woman and kid with a blanket spread across them, my first reaction was f*ck it really is cold then I thought what a sign of true supporters.

Valheru

Coach
Again
You guys dont know what cold is
A top of 5c today in Canberra

With a wind chill of zero
It was horrendous

Who cares how cold it gets in Canberra?

It is all contextual and the fact is it was a freezing day by Sydney standards yesterday and most people would consider it uncomfortable regardless of where they are from.

No one in Sydney is going to wake up in the morning, check the temperature and wind conditions and think "well it gets colder in Canberra, New York and Berlin so I can't complain".

Raiderdave

First Grade
Who cares how cold it gets in Canberra?

It is all contextual and the fact is it was a freezing day by Sydney standards yesterday and most people would consider it uncomfortable regardless of where they are from.

No one in Sydney is going to wake up in the morning, check the temperature and wind conditions and think "well it gets colder in Canberra, New York and Berlin so I can't complain".
perhaps qualify the ridiculous statement , that It was cold yesterday ..
( when the actual temp was as high as 16c)
with .. for Sydney

then we can get some context
& Canberrans can keep laughing eh ?
: )

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was technically 16 degrees but it felt like about 5 degrees if you consider the wind chill. Awful day in Sydney

Pommy

Coach
with .. for Sydney

Look I’m the first to laugh at Aussies for their aversion to the cold but yesterday it really was f**king freezing in SW Sydney.

Valheru

Coach
with .. for Sydney

Ever heard of wind chill?

Feel free to keep laughing but that won't inspire anyone to give a millisecond of thought about how cold it gets in Canberra or anywhere else when assessing the local weather and making a decision if they want to go to the footy.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
with .. for Sydney

Yes yes we get it, Canberra is a shit place to live and Sydney are the Goldilocks of sports lovers.

To the crowds. With an Adelaide game, Broncs on a Saturday night and NZ in the dreaded 6pm Friday slot, surely a rebound from the disappointing number of last week?

Marlins

Juniors
Yes yes we get it, Canberra is a shit place to live and Sydney are the Goldilocks of sports lovers.

To the crowds. With an Adelaide game, Broncs on a Saturday night and NZ in the dreaded 6pm Friday slot, surely a rebound from the disappointing number of last week?
Apparently not if it’s cold.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The dung heap that was round 15

Eels v Souths 8,047
NQ v NZ 11,062
Roosters v Panthers 10,078
Dogs v Titans 6,874
Dragons v Manly 13,069
Sharks v Broncos 14,587
Knights v Storm 14,803
Wests v Raiders 10,237

Total 88,757
Avg 11,094

insert.pause

First Grade
The dung heap that was round 15

Eels v Souths 8,047
NQ v NZ 11,062
Roosters v Panthers 10,078
Dogs v Titans 6,874
Dragons v Manly 13,069
Sharks v Broncos 14,587
Knights v Storm 14,803
Wests v Raiders 10,237

Total 88,757
Avg 11,094
6/8 games in Sydney...

guyver78

Juniors
Haven't posted this year yet but I see the same old boys having the same old arguments.

And on that note how pathetic have the NRL crowds been this year in general??? Sounds like the sports are struggling too.

I still enjoy going to all the Bunnies home games but besides the Dogs Easter Good Friday game the atmosphere has been pathetic at most games.

Went to see the Roosters play the Panthers and the SFS was a ghost town too. Even the Broncos are getting shithouse crowds this year.

Have we really gone that far backwards this year?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Haven't posted this year yet but I see the same old boys having the same old arguments.

And on that note how pathetic have the NRL crowds been this year in general??? Sounds like the sports are struggling too.

I still enjoy going to all the Bunnies home games but besides the Dogs Easter Good Friday game the atmosphere has been pathetic at most games.

Went to see the Roosters play the Panthers and the SFS was a ghost town too. Even the Broncos are getting shithouse crowds this year.

Have we really gone that far backwards this year?

ummm
crowds are actually up this year at this point of the season on 2017
& that's calculating an average for every game played against every game played last year
no stupid ... events ... entering into the comparison & inflating & distorting the average

2018 after 15 rounds & 116 games
average 15,151
2017 we'd had 111 games played by round 15 for an average of 14,903
by round 16 , we'd had 118 games played for an average of 14,869

so while many of us believe things could still be one heck of a lot better
we haven't gone backwards from last year at all

Latest posts