What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 injuries

Dave_

Juniors
Has there been any updates on Pearce? 3 or 4 weeks ago it seemed like he was ahead of schedule...hopefully only 2 weeks away now

Yosh

Coach
Getting Dan and Mitch back around the same time is gonna do wonders for our field position. It'll finally be nice to have the ball in the opposition half for once. Also, no more kicks for touch that go 10m with a 12098 km/h gust right behind you.

Tom155

Coach

The No.9 has suffered multiple ruptures to ligaments in his knee.

The injury to Griffin includes a ruptured ACL graft, ruptured lateral ligament and torn lateral meniscus.

He will undergo an ACL reconstruction in the coming weeks.

Griffin will undergo 9-12 months of rehab.

Sucks for Griffin and us.
I don't think Levi can do a full game at Hooker so it might be Buhrer partly standing in or maybe Watson if we had a decent half replacement .

Still Nutty

Juniors
Yep - I've been around for a few years and it would have to be the worst compound knee injury I've heard of/seen in footy, certainly that I can recall.

I do wish him a drama free operation, dream recovery....but for the level of damage, I am honestly not expecting him to get back to the NRL as a player. I at least hope in the years to come that he is able to have good normal mobility and be pain free in his day to day living, anything after that will be a bonus

Yosh

Coach
Yep - I've been around for a few years and it would have to be the worst compound knee injury I've heard of/seen in footy, certainly that I can recall.

I do wish him a drama free operation, dream recovery....but for the level of damage, I am honestly not expecting him to get back to the NRL as a player. I at least hope in the years to come that he is able to have good normal mobility and be pain free in his day to day living, anything after that will be a bonus

As someone with zero medical experience, I could tell instantly categorically that the injury was the worst sort of knee injury, sort of getting the leg amputated from the knee down.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Great little video. Probably the highest quality off-field content ive ever seen the NRL produce.

I hope we get more like this. It really feels like an insight into the heart of the club.

Frederick

Staff member
Great little video. Probably the highest quality off-field content ive ever seen the NRL produce.

I hope we get more like this. It really feels like an insight into the heart of the club.
I hope we don't get too many more long term injuries to star players that would warrant a video like this

Burwood

Bench
Maybe a series coming out mid 2019 based on King, Ross and Barnett trying to force their way back into first grade?

Noname36

First Grade
I hope we don't get too many more long term injuries to star players that would warrant a video like this

I was just thinking “f**k what a dramatic video” while watching it but then I remembered that Pearce going down was the worst possible thing that couldn have happened to us so fair enough

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Hahah, id love to see a few more of these, just on some more positive topics.

Maybe some "new signings first week" or that journo comes to training thing but with actual videos. I think the video just gives it such a personal touch

Spot On

Coach
Injuries hey. There is absolutely no doubt we are one club due for a decent run re limited injuries.

Frederick

Staff member
So someone tweeted at Toohey that they heard that Ponga will need a knee reconstruction at the end of the year. Toohey didn't reply, but he did like the tweet...