What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

Springs09

Juniors
Hang on, it works both ways. If you want to allow the switching then young players who aren’t yet good enough are going to play for island nations before the kiwis. NZ aren’t stealing them if island nations aren’t stealing players like Fifita, fonua-Blake etc.

I understand your point but Fifita and Fonua-Blake both played for Tonga before Aus/NZ. All the high profile 'defections' last year had already played for Tonga before playing for NZ or Australia as well.

From what I can recall no one has actually knocked back NZ or Australia to play for Samoa, for whatever reason they don't have the same draw Tonga has at the moment and would likely take someone like Tuivasa-Sheck declaring for Samoa to get other players to do so.

Clarkent

Juniors
I understand your point but Fifita and Fonua-Blake both played for Tonga before Aus/NZ. All the high profile 'defections' last year had already played for Tonga before playing for NZ or Australia as well.

From what I can recall no one has actually knocked back NZ or Australia to play for Samoa, for whatever reason they don't have the same draw Tonga has at the moment and would likely take someone like Tuivasa-Sheck declaring for Samoa to get other players to do so.
All the players went to Tonga cause of taumalolo... He's a superstar and he lead the way for all the other players to follow... Only way Samoa will follow suit is if Milford did the same a few years ago when he was at he's peak or like you said RTS follows suit... Pritchard did it a few years ago when they were at the 4 nation... I doubt RTS will turn unless McGuire does a Kidwelly and pisses off RTS lol I really don't blame the Samoan players going to the kiwis but it still hurts :sob::sob:

Sad but predictable to see so many senior Kiwis dropping out.
As I said earlier, their culture and commitment to the jersey is barely on life support.

Kinda like the 2003 Kangaroos huh? Bennett came in and fixed up the culture the year after. It will be a much tougher job for Maguire with all the negative circumstances the Kiwis continually face.

roughyedspud

Coach
New England kit...it's bloody lovely
33-485.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
Kinda like the 2003 Kangaroos huh? Bennett came in and fixed up the culture the year after. It will be a much tougher job for Maguire with all the negative circumstances the Kiwis continually face.

I couldn't give two shits about the Roos, especially not whatever they were doing in 2003.
If anything, they're worse. At least the NZRL wants to play international footy. The ARL think international footy should run to Cam Smith and Mal Meninga's whims.

adamkungl

Immortal
I seem to be in the minority in that i've never particularly liked plain 1 colour jerseys.

NSW fans are mostly like England fans in preferring the jersey totally unblemished.

Personally I prefer last year's red cross shirt. And I don't mind chevrons or minor detailing on the Blues jersey.

Pommy

Coach
I seem to be in the minority in that i've never particularly liked plain 1 colour jerseys.

NSW fans are mostly like England fans in preferring the jersey totally unblemished.

Personally I prefer last year's red cross shirt. And I don't mind chevrons or minor detailing on the Blues jersey.

I certainly prefer more clean shirts. Although I’m not against changing it up a bit, I know manufacturers need to sell shirts.
My only issue with the NSW shirt is the stupid collar.
I’m not a huge fan of having the st George cross on the front because it’s been hijacked by the terminally stupid and gives the shirt a look and the EDL.

adamkungl

Immortal
I’m not a huge fan of having the st George cross on the front because it’s been hijacked by the terminally stupid and gives the shirt a look and the EDL.

I don't know the local history behind any of it, sounds like it's a bit like the southern cross tat trend here.

Springs09

Juniors
I prefer NSW to have simple all sky blue jerseys and I think England looks better will the all-white front.

George Williams apparently ruled out too

adamkungl

Immortal
Complaining about purity of design on a jersey also seems kind of redundant to me when we've slapped big ugly sponsors all over them..
Dacia isn't the most intrusive but what about the big green VB on the front of the Blues shirt

deluded pom?

Coach
So that means we should meekly let the far right wingers claim it as their own? It’s the flag of all English people not just the EDL. It was the loony left who gifted it to the EDL when they banned people from flying it in case it hurt the feelings of ethnic minorities. No wonder the EDL took it as their own.

Latest posts