What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I just heard on ABC radio that Bellamy had re-committed to Storm for 3 more years.

TheParraboy

Staff member
so showponys missed out on green and bellamy

they don't really want to resgin Wayne boy do they

when walters qld side gets thrashed this series and next year in origin, he will be ready to run away from that and take over the showponys I would imagine

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Has the "magic round" been discussed yet?

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/06/17/eels-head-to-brisbane-for-nrl-magic-round/

I am not a fan, in fact I'm going to go full death rider (I hope now Lingard sticks up for me) and will be wishful that it doesn't work. The games will still be played in front of a half empty stadium, and how does this increase tribalism, something that the powers that be keep saying the game was built on, when they give up another home game for 11 other teams?

84 Baby

Referee

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/06/17/eels-head-to-brisbane-for-nrl-magic-round/

I am not a fan, in fact I'm going to go full death rider (I hope now Lingard sticks up for me) and will be wishful that it doesn't work. The games will still be played in front of a half empty stadium, and how does this increase tribalism, something that the powers that be keep saying the game was built on, when they give up another home game for 11 other teams?
And when 4 players get season ending knee injuries in the last game of the round, it will be the last Magic Round

strider

Post Whore

I dont even like the stupid double header shit they did this year - f**k this crap

Bazal

Post Whore

I actually think it's cool, but I think it needs to be done maybe over two grounds?

It's a gimmick though absolutely

I actually think it's cool, but I think it needs to be done maybe over two grounds?

It's a gimmick though absolutely

I think they should prepare 2 footy fields at right angles to each other, that intersect in the middle. And play 2 games simultaneously. It's nearly as good as my plan to hold greyhound and thoroughbred races simultaneously.

Or at least let me have my 'arm the fullback with a vicious dog that can only be released once per half' rule.

I think they should prepare 2 footy fields at right angles to each other, that intersect in the middle. And play 2 games simultaneously. It's nearly as good as my plan to hold greyhound and thoroughbred races simultaneously.

Or at least let me have my 'arm the fullback with a vicious dog that can only be released once per half' rule.
I'd be betting on the horses, especially those with blinkers.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Id don't wish it fails, I just think it will.

Have the 3 Qld side play 3 Sydney sides on super saturday up there and that would be worth a try. Greenburg in that article thinks Brisbane will embrace wants a festive like atmosphere, the guy is deluded

So we have a great new stadium next year and we are talking two home games away (Darwin and Brisbane)? Is that right?

strider

Post Whore

Have the 3 Qld side play 3 Sydney sides on super saturday up there and that would be worth a try. Greenburg in that article thinks Brisbane will embrace wants a festive like atmosphere, the guy is deluded

So we have a great new stadium next year and we are talking two home games away (Darwin and Brisbane)? Is that right?
And potentially a game to ANZ ... easter .... if they believe they can get more than 35k they will take it to ANZ

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I think the novelty will be there for a lot of people in the first year or two after that they'll have to move it to another venue. I think the new Perth stadium would've been perfect for the round right away.

Tiger5150

Bench
Wtigers fans labeled Moses Dog for leaving his club mid contract.

Nope. Mitchell Moses isn't a Dog for leaving his club mid contract. Mitchell is a dog for tanking on his club and team mates after they told him he couldn't leave his club mid contract (and many other reasons but lets stay on point).

Mitchell Moses
  • Signs a Contract with another club for the following year.
  • Asks for a mid season release and the club says no then completely tanks two games, doesnt go to training, lets down his team mates, gets his weak as piss manager to go to the press that the Tigers were impacting his mental health by saying no......sulks a lot.
  • Tigers then realise what a weak human being they have on their books and let him go.
Moses Mbye
  • Signs a Contract with another club for the following year
  • States publically and to his current club that he DOES NOT want to leave mid season but wants to stay with an underperforming club so he can help his team mates through a tough season
  • Continues to play well to the best of his ability in a shit team despite the distractions.
  • Is told by HIS CLUB, nope sorry mate you have to leave early because we need the salary cap room.

The differences are clear

Latest posts