What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

Clarkent

Juniors
You mean the Samoan-New Zealander players going to play for their country - NZ.

LOL @ "it still hurts"
Never said they're full samoan I just meant "samoan players" as in they played for samoa and then switched to kiwis... Did it hurt when taumalolo and he's friends left the kiwis :joy::joy::joy:

Pommy

Coach
So that means we should meekly let the far right wingers claim it as their own? It’s the flag of all English people not just the EDL. It was the loony left who gifted it to the EDL when they banned people from flying it in case it hurt the feelings of ethnic minorities. No wonder the EDL took it as their own.

No I’m just saying I don’t want to wear it for that reason and because I prefer cleaner shirts.

Got this from rebel at the weekend and it’s pretty much perfect in my opinion.

37114338_l.jpg

taipan

Referee
No I’m just saying I don’t want to wear it for that reason and because I prefer cleaner shirts.

Got this from rebel at the weekend and it’s pretty much perfect in my opinion.

37114338_l.jpg

I notice on the shirt, it has a tick of approval over the right t*t.
OK I'll get my coat.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Colorado Rockies play at Coors Field the same time as England and NZ. This will have an impact on the crowd. The Rockies are averaging around 35K to their games this season.

adamkungl

Immortal
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/sean-oloughlin-brave-stand-that-saved-test/#QGBwlsLzaGUYkAy9.97

Commitment from the English lads, none from the Kiwis.

Some are saying SJ and RTS know who pays the bills, etc.
Cool. All that says is money is greater than pride for them.
The comparison with the English NRL players just makes it clearer. The senior kiwis have clearly been pressured by their clubs and folded. I can't imagine James Graham or Sam Burgess ever rolling over to a club coach like that. What are they gonna do, sack them? f**king please. No one sacks rep players for playing rep football.

Springs09

Juniors
So we had 3 players retire and 4 players pull out from 'injury' despite playing the week before. I know Luke said RTS and Johnson were filthy they couldn't play, but where did that conclusion come from? The Warriors medical staff saying you're too injured to play for the Kiwis but you can play for us?

morningstar

Juniors
Of the “unpatriotic” 7...

Matulino - Wouldn’t make the team anyway.

Packer - Wouldn’t be allowed in the US anyway.

Mannering - A stalwart of the kiwis who knows father time is catching up with him and contemplating retiring from club footy too. He’s given everything to the kiwis, if he wants to prolong his club career so be it.

RTS - Personal reasons to stay home with his newborn. He has missed a Warriors game in Sydney for the same reason, so I don’t think defying his employers is much of an issue for him.

SJ - I’m touch and go on on. He’s been in and out with leg injuries all season and isn’t 100% fit, but if push came to shove he could and should be playing.

Tohu - biggest dissapointment for me. His seems to be a straight club before country desicion.

Beale - Can’t even crack the Warriors 17 unless there is an injury.

Last edited:
I couldn't give two shits about the Roos, especially not whatever they were doing in 2003.
If anything, they're worse. At least the NZRL wants to play international footy. The ARL think international footy should run to Cam Smith and Mal Meninga's whims.

That's nice and I can assure you that I also give a minimal amount of shits about them, but I just wanted to mention that in 2003 the Kangaroos had a record number of pullouts for the last ever Ashes series vs England. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel that year, and handed jerseys to sh*t players like Shannon Hegarty, Michael Crocker & Luke Rickertson. Chris Anderson even threw St Helens' Darren Smith (who in the f*ck?) a jersey instead of picking from within the squad. Mick Crocker played 5/8 in one of the tests. Villasanti stole peoples money. Michael Devere and Phil Bailey played tests. Craig Wing masqueraded as a centre. A Phil Bailey/Craig Wing centre combo? For Australia?....yep. They still somehow beat Great Britain in all 3 tests in the final few minutes of each game.

We're similarly scraping the bottom of the barrel at the moment. I'm concerned with what the outcome could be. Thankfully the greatest spine player in the world, Josh Hodgson isn't going.

RedVee

First Grade
It’s disappointing but I’m sure the replacements will give 100%. I’ll be cheering for Graham, Widdop & ‘the Ox’ Ah Mau.

Is it too much to hope that this is a contest in line with their matches over the last few tournaments?

Anyway, I’ll be watching.

Matua

Bench
I really do wonder if they have asked the Tongan & Samoan players before selecting them??

I find it really hard to believe they would opt to switch when players like taumulolo & fifita are sticking...
Considering they're all in Denver at the moment I guess they did ask them and you might have to believe they opted to switch.

The Samoan-NZer's seem to have all stayed loyal to NZ unlike those Judas Tongan-NZers. Guess I'm supporting Samoa in the Pacific Test this weekend.

Oh, and thanks for taking that prick Fonua-Blake too Tonga. It was a travesty he was selected for the Kiwis last year when Bromwich and Proctor were banned.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So sad about the Kiwis. Seriously, this generation RTS, Foran, SJ, Luke, Bromwich, Harris, Proctor, Taumalolo should be their golden generation. When they hit world # 1 in 2014, they should have stayed there for a good decade with players like that eligible to play for them. Madge needs to get the culture sorted ASAP.

Good on England - the boys have shown their commitment and have the basis of a great squad that could really challenge in the Ashes next year (even if they put on a GB shirt instead).

The players need to have a good hard think about the international game. You can't complain that Union players get to see the world and then decline to play in Denver at an iconic stadium in front of close to 20k.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
NZ's golden generation i think is still ahead... Madge should be amazing for them.. The pressure is off at the moment because noone expects them to do well.. Aus has just lost a bunch of players i don't think they will replace and so are coming back to the pack and the emergence of the island nations is going to make International RL viable even when Aus isn't playing. The trick is that NZ needs to keep churning out the talent. They have 3 and a half years to get themselves on track.. i think they will.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Max attendance of 15,000 expected for the game according to the NZ Herald...

CBS Denver sports host Michael Spencer says a mere 10,000 people may be dotted around the 76,000 capacity stadium, and some of those won't be sure which sport they are watching.

Latest posts