What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018

Crush

Coach
I have a very good feeling about this year.
Injuries have been kind.
Players are getting selected for origin.
The draw from here is favourable.
Mann has moved to the wing.
McGregor is talking about resting players after origin to avoid burnout.
I don't know what it is but I honestly feel that this is our year.
Exciting times ahead.
I know I sound like mickeylane but Dragons are going all the way!
I have no doubt.

The Damo

Juniors
While I wouldn’t go as far as saying I have no doubt - we are genuine contenders this year.
Even just at 90% of our best standard this year, any of the other teams will need to be very, very good indeed to beat us in a final. Can we replicate that? I think so, and that we could improve on it. I can’t see the future, but the blinding glare tells me it’s bright.

slippery5

Juniors
As much as I hate to put the cart before the horse, I said to my die hard dragon supporter daughter, & a few others, "I think this is the best performing dragons team I have seen" (following since that 38-nil GF).
Hope the coach can fine tune a few things to make me completely happy.
This wont mean we fall in a heap will it ??????????

dino1

Juniors
As much as I hate to put the cart before the horse, I said to my die hard dragon supporter daughter, & a few others, "I think this is the best performing dragons team I have seen" (following since that 38-nil GF).
Are you kidding. The 2010 team would eat the 2018 team and spit it out in a canter. In addition we had a good coach then. What do we have at this moment A CLOWN. We are lucky we havent played easts or souths (we did and got beat) in the last couple of weeks because i ink they would smash us.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I would be happy to agree with a statement that everything is looking good for a Top 4 finish. But the title of this thread goes too far. I don't think Souths' form is pointing to a Dragons'premiership. Meanwhile the way Melbourne and the Roosters appear to be building does not point to a Dragons'premiership either.
Yes, I think Mann on the wing is an improvement. Yes, it is good that we have had a great run with injuries. Yes, Mary resting SoO players would be good for the team in the long run. But before making bold predictions remember how SoO destroyed our run in 2011. A very dominant side before Origin but afterwards a team that could hardly win a game.
Certainly agree that this is our best chance since 2010 and happy to be optimistic but let's get through the Origin period first and respect the quality of other top teams we would need to beat to finish premiers.

ouryears

Bench
You are dreaming if you think we are the best team since 1975.

1977, 1979, 1985, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2010 plus a stack others would put the cleaners thru us just like Panthers and Soufs recently have.

Stop celebrating dreams.

Outlandish post.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
I have a very good feeling about this year.
Injuries have been kind.
Players are getting selected for origin.
The draw from here is favourable.
Mann has moved to the wing.
McGregor is talking about resting players after origin to avoid burnout.
I don't know what it is but I honestly feel that this is our year.
Exciting times ahead.
I know I sound like mickeylane but Dragons are going all the way!
I have no doubt.
Crush, call 000.
Ask for mental health care Dept.
They will help you back to reality.

Have you still got the 2009 and 2011 t-shirts they printed with premiers printed on them but had to throw out once they realised it was a dream.

You are becoming more delusional by the day.

Get off Mary's payroll, it's embarrassing.

The Damo

Juniors
Are you kidding. The 2010 team would eat the 2018 team and spit it out in a canter. In addition we had a good coach then. What do we have at this moment A CLOWN. We are lucky we havent played easts or souths (we did and got beat) in the last couple of weeks because i ink they would smash us.
Dragons 24 - 8 Roosters.
Think what you like. Reality doesn’t care.

Old Timer

Coach
This thread is hubris at its best and cockiness at its worst.
We are leading the pre season comp with the real competition to come later when the season is on the line and next week doesn’t exist if you lose.
Then and only then will we know if we are truly a serious team.
By all means enjoy the week to week stuff and even harbour thoughts of what might but be careful defeat can be easily snatched from the jaws of victory.

giboz71

First Grade
Love the positivity fellas!

Think we’re right up there this year and I’ll be pretty disappointed if we don’t make at least a prelim final. From there, anything can happen.

Said it elsewhere, Souths and Melb have much more firepower and will be tough to beat in big games.

I take comfort we’ve beaten both already this year however.

Latest posts