What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro Games

___

Juniors
Play this last night...

Bloody hell it's hard at the beginning with nothing but the standard gun weapon lol.

8a4f849aa85e10a51922da51e76c3a6399fd8014.jpg

ss_c4c3aa94aaeb639139f400453177721e471be81c.1920x1080.jpg

55C50DCB97B2A778C4CE3417065C1DC880C3B37F

Iafeta

Referee
Not sure on choplifter, but iirc you are working for the CIA. You fly a helicopter and gun down the bad dudes, and iirc there’s like find and rescue type missions.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I loved Westwoods BladeRunner. Been hoping it would turn up on GoG at some point. Sadly it seems the rights for the game are all over the map so it'll probably never happen. I still remember some of those photo puzzles.

I still got the cd rom game somewhere even though i dont have a cd drive anymore.

I would always get the same ending though. Wiping out everyone at the moonbus.

___

Juniors
Looking at playing Rocket Knight Adventures on Mega Drive. Also keen to try Comix Zone on that machine as well :)

InFlames

Juniors
Looking at playing Rocket Knight Adventures on Mega Drive. Also keen to try Comix Zone on that machine as well :)

I found Comix Zone great but its ridiculously hard after a while. I couldn't get very far at all.

Excellent concept for a game though, based in comic panels etc.

___

Juniors
I found Comix Zone great but its ridiculously hard after a while. I couldn't get very far at all.

Excellent concept for a game though, based in comic panels etc.
Yeah that's pretty much why I want to try it, just see how it goes.

If you want to talk about ridiculously hard games, try Dick Tracy or Operation Wolf - both on the Master System.

Eelectrica

Referee
Anyone playing the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition?
Considering it. Loved that game.
Tried to create my own module once. Created it ok, scripts were fine, gameplay sucked so I deleted all trace. Lol
Still was fun to have a crack at being artistic.

InFlames

Juniors
Has anyone played Mario Maker on Wii U?
Considering buying it due to the amazing levels created by fans in the Super Mario World style.

___

Juniors
Has anyone played Mario Maker on Wii U?
Considering buying it due to the amazing levels created by fans in the Super Mario World style.
The idea of pixel art does sound appealing to me... the only problem though is that I was never a NES person growing up, only a Sega nut LOL. I did have a Gameboy and Gameboy color though, but just never had much exposure to NES or SNES. I know if I was a NES person though I would get it. I have all the Sega Forever service (I have all the re-releases of those classics on iOS).

___

Juniors
Has anyone here played Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2? It starts off right where the first one left off...

download.png

I don't get the appeal of retro games

NES cricket was a terrible game I sunk countless hours into just playing the leg glance out of the park

Battletoads was a merkin

Bayou Billy can get f**ked

The gold cart zelda was a dumpster fire

I can't remember a single fun game

SNES had DK country and NBA jam, the rest was a hot mess

Ps1 has a few classics RE1, DESTRUCTION DERBY and GT, plus MGS, the rest I don't particularly give 2 f**ks about

Atari and Commodore can both get f**ked

PCMR had the wing commander series ET's and ARL96,nascar 2, wing commander privateer, C&C PLUS red alert, star craft, warcraft 2 and 3,f**king carmageddon, my 486 thru to 686 were monsters with mere megabytes of storage but every top game that ever happened

My 686 from memory had an unfillable 40gb hard drive probably at 3rpm

I was a lazy kid, I'd make .bat files on c:\ so I didn't have to type 38 commands to run a game, those files did it all on dos on my dual boot win95 system

Playing quake with the rocket launcher on a 56k modem and running ahead of your projectile and killing yourself

Good old days but f**ked if I want to relive it

Latest posts