What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Player of the year

Valheru

Coach
Over the last couple of years we have run the 3 2 1s but I have been too lazy to tally them all so this year I intend to do that every 2-3 weeks in this thread to stay on top of things. Hopefully this keeps those of us who have been posting points to keep it up for the whole season given you can now see a running tally and it may even inspire others to join as well.

If a mod could make this a sticky thread that would be great as I will be editing this post periodically.

I will try and separate ties based on number of 1st place votes where I can so that there are no split votes but it may not always be possible like in the case of round 2 where Teddy and Keary received the exact same amount of total votes as well as 1st and 2nd place votes.

RD 1 v Tigers
3 Fergo
2 Cronk
1 JWH

RD 2 v Bulldogs
3 Fergo
1.5 Teddy
1.5 Keary

RD 3 v Knights
3 Cronk
2 Keary
1 Fergo

RD 4 v Warriors
3 Latrell
2 Cords
1 Radley

2018 Total as at end of round 4
7 - Fergo
5 - Cronk
3.5 - Keary
3 - Latrell
2 - Cords
1.5 - Teddy
1 - JWH, Radley

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Nice work Val, appreciate the time and effort mate. Now life's calmed down a little more for me I'll be a lot more active as well. Amazing how much time a 1 year old takes up.

Valheru

Coach
Forum won't let me edit the original post but update to round 10 below

RD 5 VS Sharks
3 Cords
2 Keary
1 Cronk

RD6 VS Souths
3 Latrell
2 Cords
1 Radley

RD7 VS Bulldogs
3 Teddy
2 Matterson
1 Cords

RD8 VS Dragons
3 Teddy
2 SST
1 Cords

RD9 VS Manly
3 Radley
2 Manu
1 SST

RD10 VS Warriors
3 JWH
2 Napa
1 Latrell

Leader board to end of RD10
9 Cords
7.5 Teddy
7 Fergo, Latrell
6 Cronk
5.5 Keary
5 Radley
4 JWH
3 SST
2 Matterson, Manu, Napa

Lambretta

First Grade
I would have Fergo as my best so far but mainly because he could so easily have gone the other way and been utter shite

He keeps putting in which is very pleasing

Valheru

Coach
RD11 VS Brisbane
3 Napa
2 SST
1 Teddy

RD12 VS Titans
3 Teddy
2 Radley
1 Tetevano

RD13 VS Tigers
3 Radley (A rare unanimous MOTM)
2 Tupou
1 Fergo

RD14 VS Knights
3 Fergo
2 Teddy
1 Latrell

RD15 VS Panthers
3 JWH
2 Manu
1 Fergo

Table to end of round 15
13.5 - Teddy
12 - Fergo
10 - Radley
9 - Cords
8 - Latrell
7 - JWH
6 - Cronk
5.5 - Keary
5 - SST/Napa
4 - Manu
2 - Tupou/Matterson
1 - Tetevano

Some interesting trends in that our halves have not posted a point since round 5 (Keary has been close to the 1 point a couple of times) and our hooker hasn't posted a point all season (he has only polled 1 solitary point in total all season)

Lambretta

First Grade
Our halves have surely scored some points in the last few rounds. Keary has been great.

Teddy and Fergo should still be showing strongly.

Valheru

Coach
RD16 VS Storm
3 Fergo
2 SST
1 Butcher

RD17 BYE

RD18 VS Titans

3 SST
2 Fergo
1 O'Sullivan

RD19 VS Manly
3 Friend
2 Keary
1 JWH

RD20 VS Dragons
3 Latrell
2 Teddy
1 Cronk

Tally at end of RD20
17 Fergo
15.5 Teddy
11 Latrell
10 SST/Radley
9 Cords
8 JWH
7.5 Keary
7 Cronk
5 Napa
4 Manu
3 Friend
2 Tupou/Matterson
1 Butcher/O'Sullivan/Tetevano

Tommy Smith

Referee
That's a very accurate points tally. We do a better job than the Dally Ms.

Fergo definitely deserves to be on top. He's arguably been the NRLs player of the year so far.

Valheru

Coach
That's a very accurate points tally. We do a better job than the Dally Ms.

Fergo definitely deserves to be on top. He's arguably been the NRLs player of the year so far.

It will be interesting to see how our players fair in the Dally M's compared to how we have rated them this year. Obviously opposition players will pick up points in the games we played but I expect Fergo, Teddy and Latrell to have decent showings on the night.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well apparently Ash Taylor has more Dally M points than Fergo lol. Say no more about that sham award.

I assume this because he was paying like $45 to win it and they weren't even offering odds on Fergo!

Headless Chook

Juniors
Well apparently Ash Taylor has more Dally M points than Fergo lol. Say no more about that sham award.

I assume this because he was paying like $45 to win it and they weren't even offering odds on Fergo!
More likely he is the standout in a team of average players so invariably he’ll pick up points most weeks. We have the whole team playing as a collective group (evident by our ratings) rather than having one or two dominant players which will likely be reflected in the overall DM points at the end of the season where probably Fergs, teddy and Latrell will be in the mix but unlikely to win it.

Valheru

Coach
RD21 VS Cowboys
3 Fergo
2 Manu
1 Cordner

RD22 VS Souths
3 JWH
2 Cronk
1 Radley

RD23 VS Raiders
3 Radley
2 SST
1 Teddy

RD24 VS Broncos
3 Teddy
2 Manu
1 Cords

RD25 VS Parra
3 Teddy
2 Fergo
1 Latrell

Table to end of Regular Season
22.5 - Teddy
22 - Fergo
14 - Radley
12 - Latrell/SST
11 - Cords/JWH
9 - Cronk
8 - Manu
7.5 - Keary
5 - Napa
3 - Friend
2 - Tupou/Matterson
1 - O'Sullivan/Butcher/Tetevano

So we had 2 clear standouts during the regular season this year with Teddy narrowly pipping Fergo for player of the 2018 regular season.

Special mention to Radley who has been sensational in his first full season. I find it interesting that SST polled more than JWH...

The only members of our 'best' 17 who didn't poll a vote were Liu and Aubo and in the case of Aubo he didn't receive a single vote from any one member of the forum at any stage this year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Aubo was saving his points worthy games for the Prelim and GF.

What a legend.

Congrats to Teddy, and Fergo. They were our season's best for sure and not surprising that it was so close.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Congrats Teddy... Has been tremendous this year.. as was Fergo

If we had to lose RTS he was a pretty good replacement..... haha

Lambretta

First Grade
MAubs probably got a few "honourable mentions" if no points. I find he tends to be Mr Reliable rather than Mr Standout but he did stand out in a couple of the finals games

Teddy and Fergo were superb all year and deserved the top two places.

Thanks for adding the votes