What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Front-Rower

First Grade
Grow up mate.

Lol wanting my team to move forward and continue building the culture that we have over the last two years is the grown up attitude. Tigers fans need to stop thinking with their hearts and start thinking with their heads.

macnaz

Staff member
Lol wanting my team to move forward and continue building the culture that we have over the last two years is the grown up attitude. Tigers fans need to stop thinking with their hearts and start thinking with their heads.
What so we limp through the rest of the year with ET at Hooker playing like shit and going backwards and expect to attract players for next year ?
Id rather stay competitive and keep the club and players feeling positive about the future then just undo all the confidence built in the first half of the season.
Seriously if you think Farah can unravel all the good thing's done by Cleary in 10 rounds well you must not have much faith in his coaching ability

Oh well it is what it is to quote the mental midget that used to masquerade as our captain. It's Cleary's nuts on the block if it all goes to shit so he will live and die by his decision. If it works out, even if you don't like Farah, it's still putting us in a better position than recent years.

Tigerm

First Grade
What so we limp through the rest of the year with ET at Hooker playing like shit and going backwards and expect to attract players for next year ?
Id rather stay competitive and keep the club and players feeling positive about the future then just undo all the confidence built in the first half of the season.
Seriously if you think Farah can unravel all the good thing's done by Cleary in 10 rounds well you must not have much faith in his coaching ability
He might become the 6th captain for this year?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I initally didnt want Farah back but look at the possible side against Titans:

1. Mbye
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naquima
5. Nofoaluma
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Taylor
12. Lawrence
13. Eisenhuth

14. Twal
15. Chee Kam
16. Sue
17. Liddle

Obviously a few of the forwards etc will be moved around but on paper that shits on anything we've trotted out this year. IF we beat the Titans we then have a bye and there's a decent chance we'd be 1 win out of the 8.

I get that it will divide the fan base but I genuinly believe it will unite the team and with a bit of momentum anything can happen at the back end of the year.

Tigerm

First Grade
I initally didnt want Farah back but look at the possible side against Titans:

1. Mbye
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naquima
5. Nofoaluma
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Taylor
12. Lawrence
13. Eisenhuth

14. Twal
15. Chee Kam
16. Sue
17. Liddle

Obviously a few of the forwards etc will be moved around but on paper that shits on anything we've trotted out this year. IF we beat the Titans we then have a bye and there's a decent chance we'd be 1 win out of the 8.

I get that it will divide the fan base but I genuinly believe it will unite the team and with a bit of momentum anything can happen at the back end of the year.
If RF (I haven't seen him pay this year) can hold up for 80 min game, then Liddle can go back and beef up, so we can add another forward.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Honestly I think Farah and Liddle could work great in tandem. I get not everyone will like it but I think it could work for a few games. When Benji is back he’ll be on the bench anyway.

I for one welcome his return. It'll be great to be able to farewell 2 club greats.

It's only short term and the season is pretty much shot anyway.

They were responsible for giving us the greatest 3 months ever following the tigers. A feeling I'd given up on ever feeling.

Thanks benji and Robbie. It will be great to say goodbye the right way.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Which players did Farah attract even in his hay day to the club? Most of our successful signings were blokes looking for opportunity after long term injury. Even the prize signing of Gareth Ellis was influenced by Mark O’Neil.

Mick Potter’s career was destroyed inside of 10 weeks, don’t forget...

Das Hassler

Bench
One thing .....with Farah's inclusion Mbye will slip in under the radar to some extent....it will take a lot of the attention off him and hopefully have him settle into his groove a bit quicker