What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.news.com.au/sport/break...c/news-story/02a07254e143c9cfe4bd02e5393ce812

“Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal has been charged for breaching Level 2.2.9 of the ICC Code of Conduct,” the ICC said in a statement.

“The officials laid the charge after television footage from the final session’s play on Friday appeared to show the Sri Lanka captain taking sweets out from his left pocket and putting these in his mouth, before applying the artificial substance to the ball which the umpires viewed as an attempt to change its condition.

“Video evidence will be used in the hearing, which will also be attended by the match officials as well as members of the Sri Lanka team management.”

The breach relates to changing the condition of the ball. The same charge was levelled against Australia batsman Cameron Bancroft who was caught on camera rubbing a piece of sandpaper on the ball against South Africa in March.

Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said the team had denied any wrongdoing.

FIGHT: Sri Lanka refuses to play amid tampering row

“SLC advised the team to take the field to ensure the continuity of the match and wish to commend the decision taken by the team to continue with the game ‘under protest’ to ensure the upholding of the spirit of the game,” the cricket board said in a statement.

“The team management has informed us that Sri Lankan players have not engaged in any wrongdoing.

“SLC shall take all necessary steps to defend any player, in the event any unwarranted allegation is brought against a member of the team.”

SL skipper got a one match ban and Windies got awarded 5 extra runs, while SL cricket as did the saffas, do everything to help and defend their skipper

We hung ours out to dry

Bazal

Post Whore
12 month suspensions in order???

Or is that just Aussie players??

Well you'd have to ask CA if they have any jurisdiction over Chandimal, I suppose

Personally I think the whole case is shaky as f**k. It's based on umpires who f**ked up the entire test saying the state of the ball had been altered and then some amateur twat found grainy footage of him taking something from his pocket, chewing it and shining the ball. Could have been gum for all anyone knows, which is certainly not illegal.

Bazal

Post Whore
Meanwhile, Ahmed Shezhad has allegedly returned a positive doping test.

Pakistani fans are actually rejoicing on social media, it's f**king bizarre.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
big Billy 4 for 8 off 4 overs in a T/20 v Pakis is the best bowling figures I've ever seen, but we will probabaly still lose

TheParraboy

Staff member
Mate

We will win
In similar vein to how we delt with Pakistan

Billy and Finchy world class athletes

Captain BF

Juniors
Bangladesh currently 6-34 on Day 1 against the Windies. Kemar Roach had figures of 5-8 off 5 when he left the field injured.
Just lost another one. 7-34.

Latest posts