What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
I think we need a hooker and I think we need better defence. The Tigers are on a precipice right now and need to find a way to win to keep their finals chances alive.

How do we feel about Robbie returning?

Is this a good signing or bad one?

Das Hassler

Bench
Why ask....he's been labelled divisive so why continue the dividing because of him....the club's had enough personality distractions....i back Cleary so his call will be fine for me

Fordy20

Juniors
I like the signing. Putting aside all the nostalgia and promotional reasons why it's good signing, hooker is a problem position for us. McIllwrick is injured, Liddle can't play a full 80, Reynolds barely takes the pitch and while ET might put in effort, he's not a hooker's asshole.

We need someone who will shore up the defence in the middle and someone who can get our forwards rolling with good service. With a dearth of good hookers on the market, Farah is a great option. His playmaking will also help take pressure off the halves when they are struggling.

From a succession planning perspective it allows Liddle to see the year out playing 80 minutes in ISP in order to allow him to be an 80 minute hooker in first grade starting from round 1 next year.

macnaz

Staff member
I like the signing. Putting aside all the nostalgia and promotional reasons why it's good signing, hooker is a problem position for us. McIllwrick is injured, Liddle can't play a full 80, Reynolds barely takes the pitch and while ET might put in effort, he's not a hooker's asshole.

We need someone who will shore up the defence in the middle and someone who can get our forwards rolling with good service. With a dearth of good hookers on the market, Farah is a great option. His playmaking will also help take pressure off the halves when they are struggling.

From a succession planning perspective it allows Liddle to see the year out playing 80 minutes in ISP in order to allow him to be an 80 minute hooker in first grade starting from round 1 next year.
Well said mate , prettywell sums up what i have to say.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon he is a good signing but I think if Liddle can get the crap out of his game he offers more to us than Robbie. Liddle may turn it around in a week or two. If he does I hope Cleary picks the best option out of the two assuming we are a chance of making the finals.

gordsy

Juniors
Liddle's skill may Improve in a few weeks his glass body and lack of fitness Is another story

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ill tell you in about 6 weeks

We have 9 games left. If we only win 2,3 it’s a terrible call, even if Robbie plays well. We would have been better off blooding Liddle.

If we make the finals and Robbie contributes to that I’ll give both Ivan and Robbie the best rim jobs they’ve ever received.

At the end of the day it all comes down to what happens on the field. If we’re still in the finals race by the last 1 or 2 rounds I’ll say it’s been a success.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He will be the best hooker at the club the rest of this season.,, I just think though that people will need to reign in their expectations a little that he alone is going to turn things around..

The forwards will need to man up, make some meters and tackle hard to get the team a win..

BrotherJim05

Bench
We started this season with no hope. We assembled a team that included a number of seasoned first graders with the idea of creating a winning culture of accountability. We started the season with flying colours. Players who busted their guts out got picked, and it looked like we may be headed for a top 4 finish.

Unfortunately our season completely dropped off. This wasn't from a lack of trying, and it certainly wasn't from poor culture or coaching. It simply was that certain players in certain positions were not up for week in week out regular FG. Yes it sucks, but thats the harsh truth we have all been turkey slapped in the face with.

The biggest deficiencies we have been facing have been our fullback, goal kicker and hooker...so what has Cleary done? Did he put out a media article whinging about the NRL and how his team had no SOO players? Did he talk about how we are building to something special and we need to just wait for our juniors to develop? Did he make any excuses whatsoever?

f**k. NO.

He f**king went out and signed a new fullback that can kick goals, then negotiated for said player to start ASAP. He then found an 80 minute hooker with a wealth of experience and negotiated for said player to also start A S f**kING P.

My personal feelings of whether I want a club legend to have his well deserved fairytale ending to Wests Tigers is completely irrelevant to this story. Our coach identified weakness and he fixed it.

magpie_man

Juniors
We started this season with no hope. We assembled a team that included a number of seasoned first graders with the idea of creating a winning culture of accountability. We started the season with flying colours. Players who busted their guts out got picked, and it looked like we may be headed for a top 4 finish.

Unfortunately our season completely dropped off. This wasn't from a lack of trying, and it certainly wasn't from poor culture or coaching. It simply was that certain players in certain positions were not up for week in week out regular FG. Yes it sucks, but thats the harsh truth we have all been turkey slapped in the face with.

The biggest deficiencies we have been facing have been our fullback, goal kicker and hooker...so what has Cleary done? Did he put out a media article whinging about the NRL and how his team had no SOO players? Did he talk about how we are building to something special and we need to just wait for our juniors to develop? Did he make any excuses whatsoever?

f**k. NO.

He f**king went out and signed a new fullback that can kick goals, then negotiated for said player to start ASAP. He then found an 80 minute hooker with a wealth of experience and negotiated for said player to also start A S f**kING P.

My personal feelings of whether I want a club legend to have his well deserved fairytale ending to Wests Tigers is completely irrelevant to this story. Our coach identified weakness and he fixed it.

Hear hear.
Further to this, our style of play was always going to be difficult to maintain for the entire season with our roster.
Now we're looking at two byes in three weeks with two new, key spine players entering into the fray. We're in a very good position to launch into the final leg of the season with gusto.

Latest posts