What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Exsilium

First Grade
The game is in crisis if theres no other NRL quality hookers in the ranks that would change clubs to be first choice hooker at the tigers.

Tigers culture will be destroyed by round 16

Lebbo73

Bench
It divided fans then, and still divides us today. Some were spewing he was gone, some were cheering.

I'm personally ok with this (mainly due to having no dummy half options available at present who are NRL level) but have mixed feelings. Shall be interesting at least.
You still don’t have an dummy half options. Farah is washed up. Plus, weren’t you fellas still paying a fair chunk of his contract anyway?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
You still don’t have an dummy half options. Farah is washed up. Plus, weren’t you fellas still paying a fair chunk of his contract anyway?

Opinion noted, but he's undoubtedly better than what we've had so far this year.

And no, WT have not been paying his salary at Souffs since 2017.

Front-Rower

First Grade

We don’t care about results mate, just supposed feel good stories. I hope that bloke at Leichhardt who teared up when Sheens got sacked because he was a “good bloke” is smiling today :rolleyes:

Mbye is immediately the best fullback they have.

Farah is immediately the best hooker they have.

It didn't cost them anyone so overall depth is increased.

What's the downside?
Wobbie is a full blown shitmerkin and removing him was what improved the teams form this year. He is a straight up cancer

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wobbie is a full blown shitmerkin and removing him was what improved the teams form this year. He is a straight up cancer

It didn't improve the teams form last year when he first left.

As for this year, they brought in around a dozen players and let around the same amount go. With a new coach and a complete roster overhaul I don't see how the difference in 2018 could be a guy who left in 2016.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Mbye is immediately the best fullback they have.

Farah is immediately the best hooker they have.

It didn't cost them anyone so overall depth is increased.

What's the downside?

If they're the best they have in those positions, the downside is obviously recruitment! They're both barely first grade standard.

Tigers fans, I thought Liddle was the second coming of Benny Elias? Great message Ivan is sending to him, signing a washed up Farah.

big hit!

Bench

despite being a back-up he's been participating in all of souths' sessions this year, so he's always been in around the club this season and they've been going ok. then again, i'm sure he doesn't have the pull of GI, Burgess & sutton at the club, and they'd f**k him up good if he tried the shit on at redfern that he was doing at Concord.

will be interesting to see if he thinks he's king shit again back at wests and puts it back on, or if he's learnt a bit from his time as a #2.

at you'd think it won't be such a bad thing to have a bloke coming in from a club doing well at the moment to incorporate some ideas for Cleary. Seibold has refreshed Souths this season so they're not bad ideas

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Opinion noted, but he's undoubtedly better than what we've had so far this year.

And no, WT have not been paying his salary at Souffs since 2017.

Wests paid a fair chunk of his back-ended contracted in 2017. Souths have foot the bill this year, but I don't think it's the same contract so definitely not paying him what wests contracted him for.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
If they're the best they have in those positions, the downside is obviously recruitment! They're both barely first grade standard.

Tigers fans, I thought Liddle was the second coming of Benny Elias? Great message Ivan is sending to him, signing a washed up Farah.

Nice trolling attempt, but fact is Liddle has had a lot of injuries. So finding his feet in ISP (with hopefully some mentorship from Farah) is probably what's best for him for this season. He has the spot from next year onwards.

Wests paid a fair chunk of his back-ended contracted in 2017. Souths have foot the bill this year, but I don't think it's the same contract so definitely not paying him what wests contracted him for.

His backended contract (allegedly) had him earning $950K last year! WT picking up $750K of that. Outrageous, but no doubt he's been on less this year.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Nice trolling attempt, but fact is Liddle has had a lot of injuries. So finding his feet in ISP (with hopefully some mentorship from Farah) is probably what's best for him for this season. He has the spot from next year onwards.

Not trolling, it's a legitimate question. If you were Liddle you'd be cynical about your place in the team when the likes of Taylor and old Farah are ahead of you.

AJB1102

First Grade
Not trolling, it's a legitimate question. If you were Liddle you'd be cynical about your place in the team when the likes of Taylor and old Farah are ahead of you.

Not if you're busted. Taylor is no longterm #9 and neither is Farah given his age and short contract. If this happened when Liddel was fit and ready to go then sure.

hunters

Juniors
Or you could consider yourself in the same position as Damien Cook was two years ago. There were loads of question marks over Cook but he fought for his position and finds himself in an origin team on the verge of taking the season and a realistic chance of taking the Australian jersey. This could be just what the kid needs.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Not if you're busted. Taylor is no longterm #9 and neither is Farah given his age and short contract. If this happened when Liddel was fit and ready to go then sure.

I haven't followed Wests closely but thought Liddle was available for all but a few games.

Abacus

Juniors
How long before Robbie lays a great steaming turd in the centre of the boardroom table?

Figuratively speaking of course.

2 weeks

Coach
How long before Robbie lays a great steaming turd in the centre of the boardroom table?

Figuratively speaking of course.

HZrD.gif

Latest posts