What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
It's not about we won't cope,it's about being in such a strong position this year and removing a player that has been great for us over the last 2 rounds and is a proven first grade player...and replacing with what, somebody with the same abilities or better?
For me it's not about Farah but rather the wisdom (or lack of) of the decision on Souths part.

Travitoh

First Grade
So people would prefer to have a disgruntled Robbie Farah at the club?

Freeing up a roster spot and cap space allows us to make a play at bringing someone in who'll contribute to the first team. Either that or to extend the contract of one of our studs.

I would prefer the club to aim to strengthen the first grade in pursuit of winning a premiership, we're in a position to do so.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
f**knuckle Farah would of had this planned ages ago,the prodigal son returns to Leichardt,well great that Souths played a part in his soap opera.
Now name a player that has the same ability as Farah to replace Cook if required that is on our roster at the moment.
Then name a player with the same abilities that's available on the market at the moment to fill the void!
Dumb f**king business!
So a smarter business move in your mind would have been to continue to pay top dollar for a back up player who's unlikely to play another game, who doesn't want to be here and not using that extra money to help strengthen our squad long term?

Sorry mate, but that's ridiculous.

Obey

Juniors
f**knuckle Farah would of had this planned ages ago,the prodigal son returns to Leichardt,well great that Souths played a part in his soap opera.
Now name a player that has the same ability as Farah to replace Cook if required that is on our roster at the moment.
Then name a player with the same abilities that's available on the market at the moment to fill the void!
Dumb f**king business!

I'm glad seibs and richo are better men than you.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dumb f**king business!
Love the passion Itsa....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm glad seibs and richo are better men than you.
No need to attack him like that. Completely uncalled for... he's allowed his opinion.... there are others out there too that agree with it so it isn't that far fetched.

If you go for Souths and Cookie goes down injured don't shit the bed if we didn't have a solid back up and it stops us going well in finals!!!

The Tigers probably are only paying a mininum too and we've had to pay most of his salary this year to help them in their efforts to play finals..... what a load of garbage..... we just legged them up and got nothing in return @Itsamansgame! I can understand though in a way why we'd let him go back to his spiritual home.... if we only freed up 100-150 it probably isn't worth it... if we freed up 200k well then we need another player in our squad so we only gain about 100k out of this.... if we up a player or 2 offers and they don't take it we are the losers here!!

I just hope Seibs knows what he's doing... is this Billy Britain bloke gonna be able to make 60 tackles without missing 10 tackles a game?? Does he have crisp passes and good game management.... can he get repeat sets?? Can he handle 80 in the NRL if needed?? A lot of unknowns......

Last edited:

Obey

Juniors
No need to attack him like that. Completely uncalled for... he's allowed his opinion.... there are others out there too that agree with it so it isn't that far fetched.

If you go for Souths and Cookie goes down injured don't shit the bed if we didn't have a solid back up and it stops us going well in finals!!!

You mean like the way he is attacking Robbie?
I don't care who agrees with you- the club did the right thing and it looks good looking from the outside.

Robbie has been nothing but professional and the clubs returning the favour so the bloke can finish off his career in style.

Travitoh

First Grade

The Tigers probably are only paying a mininum too and we've had to pay most of his salary this year to help them in their efforts to play finals..... what a load of garbage..... we just legged them up and got nothing in return @Itsamansgame! I can understand though in a way why we'd let him go back to his spiritual home.... if we only freed up 100-150 it probably isn't worth it... if we freed up 200k well then we need another player in our squad so we only gain about 100k out of this.... if we up a player or 2 offers and they don't take it we are the losers here!!

I just hope Seibs knows what he's doing... is this Billy Britain bloke gonna be able to make 60 tackles without missing 10 tackles a game?? Does he have crisp passes and good game management.... can he get repeat sets?? Can he handle 80 in the NRL if needed?? A lot of unknowns......

When was the last time Farah or Cook made 60 tackles?
And when was the last time Brittain missed 10?
Seriously

Rabbits20

Immortal
You mean like the way he is attacking Robbie?
I don't care who agrees with you- the club did the right thing and it looks good looking from the outside.

Robbie has been nothing but professional and the clubs returning the favour so the bloke can finish off his career in style.
How is he personally attacking him??

He's giving his view he thinks it's a dumb arse decision and I see both sides of the argument!

That's your view though mate. You are enithled to that just like he is!

It seems you may be here to get a reaction out of a few of us!

hunters

Juniors
Dumb f**king business!
I'll start managing the team when some of the Rabbitoh staff come and build the schools that I'm building.

From the minute Seibold was appointed he has shown us that he is forward thinking and has a solid plan. If it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for us old bastards who are sitting back with bugger all knowledge the discussions that have taken place.

If the worst comes, go down to the beach and get the fastest sprinter you can find, teach him to pass and how to hold on to a guy until helps arrives. It's worked a treat once.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Travitoh Farah made 62 tackles in the Sharks game! FACT

Britain has had some good weeks in reserve grade but then had weeks where he missed quite a lot of tackles!

If you constantly wanna go on the attack and never acknowledge decent posts I'll just update that ignore list again and keep it that way!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll start managing the team when some of the Rabbitoh staff come and build the schools that I'm building.

From the minute Seibold was appointed he has shown us that he is forward thinking and has a solid plan. If it's good enough for him, it should be good enough for us old bastards who are sitting back with bugger all knowledge the discussions that have taken place.

If the worst comes, go down to the beach and get the fastest sprinter you can find, teach him to pass and how to hold on to a guy until helps arrives. It's worked a treat once.
I completely get this mate.... however what if we are only gaining say 180k out of this and Britain will cost the minimum wage which is 100k I think. We only gain 80k and what if that isn't enough for we want to offer them an upgrade??

Then we are the losers.... we just legged the Tigers up too!!

hunters

Juniors
I completely get this mate.... however what if we are only gaining say 180k out of this and Britain will cost the minimum wage which is 100k I think. We only gain 80k and what if that isn't enough for we want to offer them an upgrade??

Then we are the losers.... we just legged the Tigers up too!!
The money side of it is all speculation. Although you would imagine we would have been in the stronger bargaining position and I'm sure we would have got what we needed.

Travitoh

First Grade
I would expect that Wests are footing most if not all of the bill from here on in. They came to us after all.

Travitoh Cook made 62 tackles in the Sharks game! FACT

Britain has had some good weeks in reserve grade but then had weeks where he missed quite a lot of tackles!

If you constantly wanna go on the attack and never acknowledge decent posts I'll just update that ignore list again and keep it that way!

Farah played the Cronulla game, not Cook. #fakefact
But point noted. However, 60 is an exaggerated number to strike fear. The average would be 35-45 off the top of my head.
Every player misses tackles, Cook is missing 1 in 10 after all. Anyway, it was only a fortnight ago that you were spitting it at me that stats aren't the be all and end all, yet you're opinion of Brittain is based purely on stats.

We're talking about a depth player here, one who the same people upset with his release didn't want to see feature in first grade 6 months ago.

And if your self worth is so low that you require a pat on the back for a good post, then i will hit the like button for you when you post something good.
That wasn't.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Anyway for what it's worth, I've got Canberra ahead of Wests as most likely to pinch a spot in the 8 now that Hodgson is back. That is assuming one of Brisbane or Cronulla fall into a hole and surrender their current 2 game advantage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah I meant Farah sorry!

I'll give Brittain a chance if we need him. But it's a big ask!

Let's have proper discussion is what I meant without nitpicking at posts!

I respect your views and aren't gonna ambush most of your posts....

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Brittain is a small body who was playing in the back row for a lot of the time to accommodate Farah at 9.

His defensive technique is outstanding and he misses very few tackles in the front line.

Pull your face out of Itsa's rectum and watch him play some time.

Very similar style of player to Damien Cook. Very similar

Rabbitoad

Juniors
How is he personally attacking him??

He's giving his view he thinks it's a dumb arse decision and I see both sides of the argument!

That's your view though mate. You are enithled to that just like he is!

It seems you may be here to get a reaction out of a few of us!
If he isn't attacking Farah, then Obey isn't attacking him.

You can't change your standards to fit your narrative....and stop resorting to ":sob: You're just trying to cause trouble :sob:" when you can't form a logical argument.

No one's falling for that shit.

Stop treating people on here like they're stupid

Rabbitoad

Juniors

So you'll sook and block people who don't agree with you.

Very mature :joy: