What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

GongPanther

Referee
Looks like we were both wrong.

Boyd Cordner re-signs with the Sydney Roosters on a 5 year deal.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/19/sydney-roosters-captain-boyd-cordner-signs-new-5-year-deal/

Cordner himself annouinced the length of the deal tonight earlier on NRL 360.
That segment was the only watchable moment on that "show" the rest was an earache.

Cordener explaining the re-signing 5 years,and the way Cronk spoke about the way he was going to play within the side as a team member was very interesting and thoroughly professional. Great times for the Roosters in 2018.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Genuinely happy for him and great news for the club to have our best forward and captain signed long term. Hopefully with this stability it will rejuvenate others who were underdone last year to have more of a dig.

Valheru

Coach
From memory the last player our club signed on a 5 year deal was one B. Fittler.

Pearce definitely had a 5 year contract between 2013 - 2017 inclusive which got extended for a further 2 years at one point but we all know how that worked out.

From memory he may have even had a 5 year one between 2008 and 2012 inclusive?

Pearce definitely had a 5 year contract between 2013 - 2017 inclusive which got extended for a further 2 years at one point but we all know how that worked out.

From memory he may have even had a 5 year one between 2008 and 2012 inclusive?

According to what I can find on the net, I don't think so. This article mentions him signing a new 3 year in 2007. This article mentions a new 4 year deal signed in 2013. Then this article mentions his new 2 year contract signed with our club last year.

If I remember correctly, Freddy signed his first Roosters contract for 5 years starting in the 1996 season.

Valheru

Coach
According to what I can find on the net, I don't think so. This article mentions him signing a new 3 year in 2007. This article mentions a new 4 year deal signed in 2013. Then this article mentions his new 2 year contract signed with our club last year.

If I remember correctly, Freddy signed his first Roosters contract for 5 years starting in the 1996 season.

The 2013 one is what I am referring to but on reflection I think it was a contract extension taking affect from 2014 onwards, not 2013 thus only being 4 years.

ouryears

Bench
Jealous ignorant morons. But the hysterical outbursts are fun to read.
Jealous of a team who are nothing more than the foreign Legion with not much heart?

For all the money you spend and for all the rorting you do you still only have 7,000 fans at a game!

And you consistently under perform as you are this year.

No one is jealous or envious mate, most are disgusted with your clubs rorting but still losing culture.

It's a laughing joke, nothing to be jealous about.

All your spoons are a testament to that.

Frank Facer

First Grade
James Hooper said on Foxsports that there is a rumour that Easts may be getting Taupau this season to ease Manly's salary cap problems. That would certainly be some good news for you guys.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Jealous of a team who are nothing more than the foreign Legion with not much heart?

For all the money you spend and for all the rorting you do you still only have 7,000 fans at a game!

And you consistently under perform as you are this year.

No one is jealous or envious mate, most are disgusted with your clubs rorting but still losing culture.

It's a laughing joke, nothing to be jealous about.

All your spoons are a testament to that.

Too true. The volume of comments and contributions on this Rooster forum is more suited to a cemetery forum. Just as much activity!!

Reminds me of the Pink Floyd lyrics. "Is there anybody out there?"

Latest posts