What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I'm saying the right player at the right place at the right time and adjust for changing circumstances. You're the one blowing your load because Matt Lodge is still available and how we should be throwing money at him.
/QUOTE]

Doubt we'll get Lodge now as Broncos have come to some arrangement to pay off those people in US. Sounds like club reached some arrangement with them. Wonder if goes onto their cap as it should.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow on Lane, Nathan Brown was 24 and only had played 29 nrl games (with 1 try) when he came to the eels.

Shaun Lane (if the rumour is true) will be 25 with at least 39 nrl games (with 9 tries) if he comes next year.

Brown was a bargain buy, Lane won’t cost much either. He is a big boy which is what we are looking for and does seem to be able to score a try.

Also not sure if he is playing edge or middle. But his tackle success rate is 96% for this year ( has played 15 games for 335 tackles) which seems pretty good if he is playing on the edge - it’s better then Frizell and Cordner.

Maybe he could just work out to be a good signing!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So we have been linked to/or interested in:

- Woods for the right price
- Taupau
- Lane
- Austin
- Koroibete
- Asofa-Solomona
- Pangai Junior
- Klemmer
- Paulo, who we signed

I think all the above were reported in the media not just rumour sites.

While it has been reported we are trying to move Norman on (also rumours we wouId prefer Jennings leaves, but nothing in the media about this).

So while we don’t know how far our interest went with the above players, surely it shows BA and his team are definitely actively looking at players to improve our squad for 2019 and not sitting around doing nothing as some claim.

Glenneel

Bench
According to a tidbit in this nrl.com article Shaun Lane could be heading to parra next year. Would be an interesting signing if it came to fruition especially with Niukore off contract.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/20...s-walk-to-anz-stadium-for-state-of-origin-ii/
FFS this bloke has half a dozen decent matches and then turns into a reserve grader. Sorry, forgot he's coming to Parra, will fit right into our squad then.
Lets squander our money on him and ignore any decent props on the market atm. BA master stroke.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
FFS this bloke has half a dozen decent matches and then turns into a reserve grader. Sorry, forgot he's coming to Parra, will fit right into our squad then.
Lets squander our money on him and ignore any decent props on the market atm. BA master stroke.

Is he a prop? Or is he being look at, as an edge forward?

You have heard of the Taupau rumour haven’t you? So if you are going criticise BA for Lane maybe you should give him credit for chasing Taupau and not ignoring any of the available decent props on the market?

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Better not let Ram read this. And here I thought you were one of his sycophants

emjaycee

Coach
113kg, 197cm listed as a second rower.
Played 39 games for 9 tries and 15/15 in 2018 so not sure he has turned into a reserve grader.
In 2018 he has:
- averaged 45 mins per game
- averaged 85 metres per game
- averaged 32 post contact metres per game
- averaged 22 tackles per game at 89% efficiency
- made 22 tackle breaks

What is it you are actually looking for exactly?

Bazal

Post Whore

Almost all our fringe players are off contract you braindead beche-de-mer....I don't rate Lane either but you still need to replace the fringe first graders. Who do you propose we replace them with?

T.S Quint

Coach
To winna comp I reckon you need a big 2md rower who can bust the line like Watmough used to, like Kikau does now. Like Crighton etc.I dont think Manu pr Tepai are that type of 2nd rower.

Watmough wasn't big.
He was just quick and had good footwork.
He's exactly the kind of player Manu is (Watmough may have been a bit stronger), except Manu plays on the edge while Watmough played in the middle.

T.S Quint

Coach
Almost all our fringe players are off contract you braindead beche-de-mer....I don't rate Lane either but you still need to replace the fringe first graders. Who do you propose we replace them with?

We replace everyone with Origin players, obviously.
Even the whole Wenty team.