What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Team

Tiger05

First Grade
How do we look going forward now. We have hopefully good quality options now at 1 & 9. We might improve a fair bit.

1. Mbye
2. Nofo
3. MWZ
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Farah
10. Packer
11. Lawrence
12. Marsters -- he looks good on the edge and I think he can do the job. Defensively he has problems and he has to fix them but I figure see how he goes in a position we are weak in.
13. Taylor -- let's see if he can regain some form

14. Matulino
15. Aloiai
16. Eisenhuth
17. MCK

I figure give something like this a go. Our backline is a lot faster but lacking power without Fonua there. The right edge second row spot may get fixed by Marsters and he has been playing 80 minutes anyway. We have a bunch of middle forwards and if used well they should get us going forward. Play 4 forwards on the bench at the moment but you could play Liddle or Benji there sometimes.

I still reckon we are short a quality player or two.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I realise Fonua is injured but I can’t have MWZ in any team, he is terrible.

Like Matulino on the bench

Marsters is the only guy in the back line who ever looks like doing something, wouldn’t move him

Shredder

Juniors
The big problem as I see it is that we havent actually settled on a side.

If your team above 05 plays more than 3 or 4 games together they might actually start to gel....

;)

macnaz

Staff member

Marsters is the only guy in the back line who ever looks like doing something, wouldn’t move him
MWZ.. Wow he is built like a champion but unfortunately thats it.. lacks every ability needed to play NRL .

Fordy20

Juniors

I agree, Marsters should stay in the centres. We're still short in that position which makes sense given Fonua is broken and we've lost both Suli and Milne. MWZ and Naiqama are depth players and MCK is now a dedicated second rower. Apparently we've missed out on Kelly too...

Vic Mackey

Referee
I agree, Marsters should stay in the centres. We're still short in that position which makes sense given Fonua is broken and we've lost both Suli and Milne. MWZ and Naiqama are depth players and MCK is now a dedicated second rower. Apparently we've missed out on Kelly too...

Suli and Milne completely fcked us over. If they both weren’t dickheads that would have been our center pairing. Two huge centers with pace and talent who would bring it out of our end with ease. Then we could have had Marsters at right edge which has been such a problem. Seriously f**k those merkins.

We can’t go into next year with the centers/wingers we have now. Ivan needs another couple of options.

Tiger05

First Grade
Milne looked pretty crap when he played though and that is in ISP. Suli to me is potentially a superstar. I'm a bit worried about Fonua as well. He misses tackles and is slow. There are though a lot of positives to his game. I suppose Marsters is similar and that is why I figure move him into that right edge 2nd row spot and see how he goes.

We really need a couple of quality outside backs. Still our biggest issues may be fixed now in having Mbye and Robbie in the team. I can't believe the dogs let Mbye go.

It's a big no from me regarding MWZ as macnaz said
he is built like a champion but unfortunately thats it
last week was a case in point, took the ball from a kick and passed to his fullback, the guy half his size but double his heart, to take the hit. He should go back to rugby.

So that's a space to fill next year.

Hopefully Naiqama has a great game on Saturday and brings the Bati spirit back with him for the rest of the year.

There's another space to fill next year.

IC needs a top line center.

I think that Benji will take up one bench spot for the rest of the year so from your team 05, Marsters back to the centers for MWZ and Eisenhuth to 13 perhaps. Wouldn't be surprised though if IC keep changing the starting 6 just like he changes the game day captain.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Milne looked pretty crap when he played though and that is in ISP. Suli to me is potentially a superstar. I'm a bit worried about Fonua as well. He misses tackles and is slow. There are though a lot of positives to his game. I suppose Marsters is similar and that is why I figure move him into that right edge 2nd row spot and see how he goes.

We really need a couple of quality outside backs. Still our biggest issues may be fixed now in having Mbye and Robbie in the team. I can't believe the dogs let Mbye go.
I’m additionally surprised that RF gave up a potential opportunity to win another premiership.Souths r genuine contenders & there’s always a likelihood Cook could get injured.Albeit I’m not disappointed that the prodigal son will end his career at Concord.Good luck to him & hope he has a huge impact by resuscitating our impotent attack from dummy half.

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Mybe
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah (80 mins)
10. Twal
11. Lawrence (80 mins)
12. ET (80) mins
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Grant
16. Sue
17. Aloai

The idea is that 2nd row and hooker play 80 minutes, so that our entire bench purely rotate the middle forwards. Aloai can cover 2nd row if needed, MCK only misses out because he isn't a middle forward.

Imagine the bloodbath. 7 players in rotation constantly beating them through the middle. Robbie will have a field day controlling the ruck and Brooks will feed off the back of it

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
1. Mybe
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah (80 mins)
10. Grant
11. Lawrence (80 mins)
12. ET (80) mins
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Grant
16. Sue
17. Aloai

The idea is that 2nd row and hooker play 80 minutes, so that our entire bench purely rotate the middle forwards. Aloai can cover 2nd row if needed, MCK only misses out because he isn't a middle forward.

Imagine the bloodbath. 7 players in rotation constantly beating them through the middle. Robbie will have a field day controlling the ruck and Brooks will feed off the back of it

One of your two Grants should be Twal.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Mybe
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Naiqama
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Farah (80 mins)
10. Twal
11. Lawrence (80 mins)
12. ET (80) mins
13. Eisenhuth

14. Matulino
15. Grant
16. Sue
17. Aloai

I like this idea as well but I'd be inclined to have a utility or dummy half on the bench to give us some spark if required. I don't think we need 7 middle forwards. 6 means every player only plays half a game.

We need to fix fullback, hooker and our right edge backrower. I think fullback and hooker are now fixed but that backrow spot is a concern.

ET is also a problem. I think he is much better at lock then on the edge but we have a lot of good middle forwards. He has had a poor year as well even though he isn't being used well. He isn't fast or big or elusive enough to be a damaging runner of the footy. I rate him highly but it's a professional sport and we can't just pick players based on effort. I'd though give him either lock or that right edge spot and give him some time there.

Play Taylor at second row and give him licence to use his hands. He was great as a ball playing lock when he first came to us.

The only significant weakness I think we have is the 12 jersey. Pretty well rounded elsewhere. Everyone does their job and we could put some serious points on.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Everyone is picking Eisenhuth and overall I am pretty happy with his game but there are a few times I'd like him to take the ball up hard, lately his first thoughts seem to get to the line and look for a pass. He is a big unit and I'd like to see him running much harder...if he breaks the line THEN look to pass.