What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Vidot WWE's Samoan Ghost

Former NRL star Daniel Vidot reveals transformation into WWE pro wrestler
LEAGUE

• June 20, 2018 10:36am
  • by AMY PRICE
  • Source: The Courier-Mail
37dc4fd64134a71664b1b50fd4c122e7

Daniel Vidot’s WWE character is based on his Samoan heritage. Picture: Annette DewSource: News Corp Australia
FORMER NRL player Daniel Vidot will become a “Samoan Ghost” in the WWE, confirming he’s signed a three-year deal with the professional wrestling powerhouse.

The 28-year-old Gold Coaster, who retired from the Brisbane Broncos in 2015, locked in the full-time contract after a trial in Florida in October.

He will return next month for training at the company’s performance centre.

“It was very left of field and that suits me. I’ve always liked to put on a show and I felt like I found a new passion,” Vidot said.

The Courier-Mail can reveal his character, developed in conjunction with the WWE, was inspired by his Samoan heritage – following the example of established Samoan WWE superstars The Rock and The USOs.

“He’s kind of a Samoan ghost. I’m cheeky but I like to go into my corner and have my own space … so I think it’s going to be a very entertaining character,” Vidot said.

cf03d1e3071cb20948a66c097bb584dc

Daniel Vidot and his partner Danielle Glanville are heading to the US. Picture: Annette DewSource: News Corp Australia
It was Jimmy Uso who helped convince Vidot to accept the contract, leaving his family for 50 weeks each year while his girlfriend Danielle Glanville, a singer and performer at Draculas Cabaret on the Gold Coast, was also faced with relocating to the US to pursue her singing career.

“Jimmy explained to me how hard it’s going to be, especially for my partner, being in this world,” he said.

“It was something I needed to know to be able to make this choice. It’s good to have someone by your side who understands the industry.”

Tipped off to the WWE’s interest in rugby players by fellow footballer Nigel Vagana in 2015, Vidot fulfilled a two-year contract in England before returning for last year’s trial.

During his NRL career Vidot played 100 first grade games, representing the Canberra Raiders, St George Illawarra Dragons, the Brisbane Broncos and the Gold Coast Titans.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...r/news-story/dca08f62b94623416e53c586acbc6a65

Is it weird that I'm proud of him? Let's see if he can get over.

kdalymc

Bench
That costumes wrong apparently. He was pretty upset with the punisher look. I’ll try chase up the confirmed one

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
What a complete load of f**king shit.

Samoan Ghost? Should be called Daniel Dildo.

If he was any tougher, his balls might drop.

___

Juniors
The Samoan Ghost vs Samoa Joe - I bet anything that will happen and they will feud when he graduates from the development academy. Provided Joe remains with WWE of course.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Well theres always the other Joe who is Samoan.

I'm intrigued to see how he goes, I don't ever remember being one of the "characters" in league so whether he comes up with (or is given as the case will be) something entertaining to watch then thats a win.

Triple H: “This is the next step in the evolution of WWE. We are opening up pathways for the best athletes and entertainers from around the world to find an easier way to get to WWE. I think there are certain sport ventures that lend themselves much greater to what we do but if I was to look at sports like rugby, for us that is a really interesting pool. There are elite athletes at every level of that sport. They are the best athletes in the world. You look at a guy like Daniel Vidot, who is coming to us very soon – he is coming out of a rugby [league] environment, he has a larger than life personality and is use to that physicality and daily grind – but they love it. It’s a perfect fit.”

From 411