What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
How many touches did Roosters halves have? Just curious
Cooper Cronk had 41 touches.
Luke Keary had 52 touches.
Combined 93 touches/486 for the team. For 19% of the touches.

James Maloney had 41 touches.
Nathan Cleary had 39 touches.
Combined 80 touches/297 for the team. Which is 26% of our touches.

Things werent happening. But not due to a lack of involvement.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No shit, franklin. He is experienced, so he should not be making those basic mistakes, like kicking out the ball on the full, and throwing his hospital passes.

I wonder do you ever have a bad day when things don't go to plan. Goodness me you're carrying on about Maloney here. Me, I kinda of expected a let down after such a big origin game, and then the back up with Canberra. The roosters were well up for the game, and we weren't.

Looksing RCG and Maloney getting injured along with 32% possession added to a night to forget. Some games are like that.

Last edited:
I wonder do you ever have a bad day when things don't go to plan. Goodness me you're carrying on about Maloney here. Me, I kinda of expected a let down after such a big origin game, and then the back up with Canberra. The roosters were well up for the game, and we weren't.

Looksing RCG and Maloney getting injured along with 32% possession added to a night to forget. Some games are like that.
Well excuse me, Aliceinwonderland, for airing my opinion. Maloney is known for his hospital passes, eg. he had one in the state of origin game. I am fully aware of the rest.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cooper Cronk had 41 touches.
Luke Keary had 52 touches.
Combined 93 touches/486 for the team. For 19% of the touches.

James Maloney had 41 touches.
Nathan Cleary had 39 touches.
Combined 80 touches/297 for the team. Which is 26% of our touches.

Things werent happening. But not due to a lack of involvement.

That is telling. We are at our best when the backs are bringing it off the line. The halves having it so much is always a bad thing with us

mxlegend99

Referee
That is telling. We are at our best when the backs are bringing it off the line. The halves having it so much is always a bad thing with us
I think the main issue was no real go forward outside of DWZ. He was usually our 3rd highest back for metres gained behind Edwards and Mansour. We lost 2 better metre eaters than him.

And our pack was pretty poor. RCG getting injured and throwing so many minutes toward rookies didn't help. But we were on the backfoot early from Maloneys intercept.

One loss, and the same bullshit starts up again!!

From Sporting News Australia..........

ALL NOT WELL AT PENRITH?
Has Penrith coach Anthony Griffin lost the dressing room?

The NRL ladder would have you believe that such a claim would be nothing short of lunacy.

However, the rumours are back in full swing that is not well at the foot of the mountains under Griffin.

There's talk that Griffin's communication - or lack thereof - is a major factor in him losing touch with the players.

Assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is considered critical to the Panthers current success.
Talent alone could see the Panthers go deep into the finals, but it will be interesting to see if the cracks with Griffin bring about their ultimate downfall.

unKwn

Juniors

ALL NOT WELL AT PENRITH?

The NRL ladder would have you believe that such a claim would be nothing short of lunacy.

However, the rumours are back in full swing that is not well at the foot of the mountains under Griffin.

There's talk that Griffin's communication - or lack thereof - is a major factor in him losing touch with the players.

Assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is considered critical to the Panthers current success.
Talent alone could see the Panthers go deep into the finals, but it will be interesting to see if the cracks with Griffin bring about their ultimate downfall.
are you f**king joking. this is such an obvious reach for something to report on. media these days..

As the biggest Hook "hater" on here. I still don't think he has much technical coaching ability but I can't question that all the boys have bought into whats happening this year. I'm giving him a pass for the last 2 games but before that this team looks more switched on than any in many MANY years.

OldPanther

Coach
As the biggest Hook "hater" on here. I still don't think he has much technical coaching ability but I can't question that all the boys have bought into whats happening this year. I'm giving him a pass for the last 2 games but before that this team looks more switched on than any in many MANY years.

Pretty much this. Two games isn't the end of the world.

You really would think they'd have learnt something from the pre-season. Just as then, when there are no club games, they have to find something to write about.

Maybe they're a Panther fan trying to replicate the result of that pre-season.

Blues Riff

Bench

ALL NOT WELL AT PENRITH?
Has Penrith coach Anthony Griffin lost the dressing room?.........
It's the same hack that brought us the highly acclaimed "shit pie" article in the pre-season. It's not an actual journalist, just some bitter loser living in his mum's garage..

Fangs

Coach
Heard this story from a few people before our win against the dragons. Not sure what has started it again.

Change may be on the cards though it doesn't make sense considering the results so far in 2018.

mxlegend99

Referee
Unless the player(s) who are supposedly unhappy were injured when we beat Dragons. Its hard to imagine this story has any truth at all.

Sure. We looked terrible against Roosters. But it didn't look like the players didn't care. I would hope every single one of them was unhappy after that game. I would be more concerned by a player who wasnt

Whino

Bench

ALL NOT WELL AT PENRITH?

Yawn
No name on it and its nothing more than a slanderous unfounded rumour against us. Like the one that floated around in February by Jimmy Smith. Which was false.
Further down it mentions the Bulldogs are looking at signing Rooster backrower Chris Smith.
He signed with the Bulldogs for next year nearly 2 months ago.
What an ill sourced crappy poor piece of click bait journalism.

Last edited: