What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

chiefy1

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...e-western-sydney-stadium-20180614-p4zlg3.html

Pic from the article...…

52591d436bc653103c6e5559034d79a9561c965e
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...e-western-sydney-stadium-20180614-p4zlg3.html

Pic from the article...…

Nice pic. Also there's another layer of fabric over the top off the roof. Didn't notice any exposed beams in the initial designs

52591d436bc653103c6e5559034d79a9561c965e

Suitman

Post Whore
Excellent pic.

Also a note. There's must be two layers of that fabric roofing as there wasn't any exposed beams in the initial designs

Ahmm, yes there was.
2 minutes 32 secs into this video shows exposed beams above the fabric ceiling that is beneath the roof trusses.

chiefy1

Juniors
Ahmm, yes there was.
2 minutes 32 secs into this video shows exposed beams above the fabric ceiling that is beneath the roof trusses.

Yes i see the beams and trusses looked white in the initial designs. Maybe some kent will go up there with a can of Taubmans before the game

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes i see the beams and trusses looked white in the initial designs. Maybe some kent will go up there with a can of Taubmans before the game

You were talking about fabric coverage of the steel roof trusses.
There won't be any, as I showed you. I couldn't give a shit what colour they are.

chiefy1

Juniors
You were talking about fabric coverage of the steel roof trusses.
There won't be any, as I showed you. I couldn't give a shit what colour they are.

Yes i agree suitman, as the beams are certainly visible in the video. From the initial top view pics i didn't notice the trusses.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah sorry as much as the Power House needs Parramatta and visa versa. Knocking down an old girl like that is criminal.

upload_2018-6-25_16-3-34.png

Clipboard01.jpg

Eelogical

Referee
To be honest, I lived in the Parramatta area for 50 years and didn't even know this place existed. When I first saw a picture of it I thought it was the old whore house at Mays Hill.

emjaycee

Coach
If it is of significance, why would the Office of Environment and Heritage allow it to be knocked down?
Won't they just make the developers take it onto account like heaps of other places have to?

strider

Post Whore
If it is of significance, why would the Office of Environment and Heritage allow it to be knocked down?
Won't they just make the developers take it onto account like heaps of other places have to?
The powerhouse museum is a political bomb ... if it dramatically affects whats planned and will cost a f**kload more i have no doubt merkins will bend rules

Suitman

Post Whore

If this building was of significance, more than a handful of people would have even known it existed.
I've walked past it plenty of times. Always admired it as an historically beautiful building. I've always also known that it isn't publicly accessible. What's the f**king point then keeping it if this historical building is off limits?
What I'd like to see happen, if this is going to become a Greens/Historical shit fight, is that somehow, it can be retained and incorporated into the design of the new museum. Surely this is possible?

Gronk

Staff member