What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
The 2019 rebuild has begun.

Few questions

1.Do we keep Hayne?

2. Do we keep Norman?

3.Where do we play Gutherson?

4.Where do we play French?

5.Who do we try and move on under contract?

1. We should and play him at fullback but we probably won’t

2. We should but we will probably let him go and sign Austin

3. Centre or fullback

4. We should let him go but BA will prob play him at fullback

5. French, Taka, Hoffman & Evans. I would have added Mennings but it looks like he is being a good bloke taking the 800k to help us out of this tough period. What a champ.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

3. Centre or fullback

5. French, Taka, Hoffman & Evans. I would have added Mennings but it looks like he is being a good bloke taking the 800k to help us out of this tough period. What a champ.
What a great team man.

Few questions

1.Do we keep Hayne?

2. Do we keep Norman?

1. If plays on wing and no more then 350k.

2. Yes for me if paying part of contract. Austin would be a downgrade.

3. Fullback or centre

4. Depends on Gutherson. Fullback or release.

5. Hoffman,Jennings,
1. Yes if he maintains fitness for the rest of the season and is happy on current wage.
2. depends who we can replace with.
3. if norman goes at 6. Then you can replace norman with a forward
4. FB
5. Apart from Norman most likely no one as Jennings took up his option.

Gronk

Staff member

3. Centre or fullback

If you watched Hayne last night, you would not be promoting him playing anywhere other than a low work rate occasional participatory role like centre or perhaps even left right out.

I really really want him to succeed, but think it’s past him now.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you watched Hayne last night, you would not be promoting him playing anywhere other than a low work rate occasional participatory role like centre or perhaps even left right out.

Agree. Looks like he has cement in boots . No speed or acceleration . Has the smarts stil but to me looks way past it physically. 500k would be overs.
Anymore then 350k overs. I actually think we can find better value elsewhere for that price.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He’s never been a high involvement player. Even at fullback he did the least work off the ball of anyone at the position.

Can still be excellent with the ball in hand but at what price?

Gronk

Staff member
Agree. Looks like he has cement in boots . No speed or acceleration . Has the smarts stil but to me looks way past it physically. 500k would be overs.
Anymore then 350k overs. I actually think we can find better value elsewhere for that price.

It not about how much you pay him. It’s about him making our 17 and playing at 80% every week.

Unless things change, he can’t be relied upon to play to his potential every week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Few questions

1.Do we keep Hayne?
Depends on price, other contracted players, and cultural fit.

If he fits the culture I’d keep him but as a winger. $500k seems fair.
2. Do we keep Norman?
Depends on cultural fit but probably not. I suspect he’s a negative influence since becoming a senior member of our squad.
Centre
Fullback
Any bad influence

Gronk

Staff member
He’s never been a high involvement player. Even at fullback he did the least work off the ball of anyone at the position.

Can still be excellent with the ball in hand but at what price?

I thought last night that he was spending a lot of time yelling at his teammates yet was not leading by example. They lacked a hooker and a 6 but withso many holes in the PNG line, he continued to just pass it on.

Even if his hip was restricting his movement, he had a chance to play the wounded Viv Richards role but instead opted to get frustrated at his reserve grade teammates for not being first graders.

84 Baby

Referee
I get why people don’t want a Norman/Austin but using as a detractor of BA/club is clearly just hatred. Especially when those same people then want Jennings moved on