What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs England Denver 2018

Big Marn

Juniors
anyone know the crowd attendance?
From the shots i saw of the crowds, looks like the attendance would barely cover the business class fares and accommodation for the team.
Hoping we got some money from the broadcasters.

sup42

Juniors
It looks like he is looking at the hand when he stands on it, but Luke will claim lack of oxygen to his brain after elbow to windpipe blurred his vision.

Also does NRL have jurisdiction on USA soil?

Someone get Johnnie Cochran on the phone! :)
You should be a Lawyer if you are not already Philip the NRL couldn't argue that Luke had put a foot wrong with that defence...you would be a handy to have in Lukes corner.

The Evil empire is far reaching where there is a Kiwi there is a way.

Matua

Bench
Entertaining game, lots in it.
Refs some howlers but not the reason we lost.
Some poor hands and mistakes at times that if they didn't happen we probably would have near won it.
3 kick offs out on full stands out as stupid stuff.
Halves not great.
Kicking game needs work.
Did we not practice our short goal line kicks?
More than a week together might improve some things.

Agree much better than expected, but the start makes you feel like we threw that one away.
I think it was an ok hit out considering last year - at least the team actually looked coached, and the young players put in some decent work.

If we were more accurate in the first half we probably would have run away with it.

Also, why have an English ref? It just looks odd when one team is racking up a penalty count and the ref is from the same place other team - even if they are kosher (but often 50/50 calls).

The EOYT should be good assuming the Oz NRL clubs don't screw us over - if the Warriors screw us over they might loose a regular attendee to Sydney and surrounding games, although TBF there is hardly any of them because every team wants to take Warriors games on the road.

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Entertaining game, lots in it.
Refs some howlers but not the reason we lost.
Some poor hands and mistakes at times that if they didn't happen we probably would have near won it.
3 kick offs out on full stands out as stupid stuff.
Halves not great.
Kicking game needs work.
Did we not practice our short goal line kicks?
More than a week together might improve some things.

Agree much better than expected, but the start makes you feel like we threw that one away.

Looking at positives, good to see so many new guys gain test experience. As a team they will be better for it.

I thought they put in a good performance overall. A good start for our new boys. Was always going to be difficult against a more experienced English side. Hopefully a lot of our new boys will be there in the years ahead.

I think the boys who have pledged allegiance to Tonga should stay there as it's helping their credibility too. Would be better for the international game if NZ and AUS picked players who are truly eligible. If you're born there you play for them or something like that. Make some clear rules and stick to them

Is Slade Griffin the most likely long term replacement for Luke? Thoughts?

Any news on Danny Levi? Possibly going elsewhere to get a start next season? Would be good to have options/competition for the Kiwis. Roache I still haven't seen enough from him in first grade yet. Hopefully he will be injury free next year and make a go of it :grin:

Rich102

Staff member
Selective TV shots. The place must rock with a full crowd.

Interesting to hear Luke say it may be his last game for the Kiwis. Wonder if it is a condition of a new contract?

jaseg

Juniors
Just caught the replay, so here's some disjointed thoughts: Griffin & RFM looked off the pace. JWH is still a myth in test footy. DWZ looked better at fullback than he has at wing for the Kiwis. Marsters is extremely good, by far the best thing to come out of this test for the Kiwis - and in a current position of need. So long as we have Taupau and NAS, we'll always be competitive through the middle. Luke hit plenty of highs - and lows. Ken could say the same - some really good stuff... but some very strange stuff in there too. Leeson unlucky to be at the turning point of the game in the first half, was solid otherwise. The young halves are at least ok.

The difference looked stark between last year and this year, despite the result (there's a shock: a competent coach makes things better - who'da thunk it?). Good signs with a very young team... even more interested now to see what we do with Johnson, RTS, Tohu, Rapana etc etc in the side.

Matua

Bench
I think the boys who have pledged allegiance to Tonga should stay there as it's helping their credibility too. Would be better for the international game if NZ and AUS picked players who are truly eligible. If you're born there you play for them or something like that. Make some clear rules and stick to them
Well that would rule out a bunch of Tonga's best performing players.

Also, what players in the Kiwis don't you think are truly eligible?

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Well that would rule out a bunch of Tonga's best performing players.

Also, what players in the Kiwis don't you think are truly eligible?

I think you misunderstood me. Not saying there are issues with players there currently but it has happened in the past and I really don't want to see it again. Nathan Fien and Brent Webb are Aussie's.

For Oz James Tamou and Semi Radradra.

Those are just some examples. Didn't Rangi Chase play for England?

That's what I'm talking about.

There are enough good Kiwi players that we shouldn't need to fill the squad with players who obviously aren't based on residency rules or some other BS

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
wow. how many does that stadium hold when its full as they were only in the lower levels. I would not have said that was 20k people by the tv shots. Guess tv can be misleading.

Capacity is 76,125

Would have looked worse at cowboys (Dallas cowboys I mean) stadium capacity 100,000

Still better turnout than women's SOO Friday night

Biggest problem with that SOO game is who knows the players? Anyone? Need to get the club comp going first. Anyway that's another story....

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
How good was that anthem? Brought a tear to my eye
I noticed one fan expressing some concern
giphy.gif

You should be a Lawyer if you are not already Philip the NRL couldn't argue that Luke had put a foot wrong with that defence...you would be a handy to have in Lukes corner.

The Evil empire is far reaching where there is a Kiwi there is a way.

I also forgot the altitude as well would result in less oxygen being available.