What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
Dallin having a good game for NZ
The game was on too early for me to get up. But just checked out the highlights. Couple of solid tries. Supporting Isaac Luke through the middle.

That grub needs suspending though. No way he stood on that hsnd accidentally. And f**k me that would hurt.

The game was on too early for me to get up. But just checked out the highlights. Couple of solid tries. Supporting Isaac Luke through the middle.

That grub needs suspending though. No way he stood on that hsnd accidentally. And f**k me that would hurt.
He needs his jaw broken more than anything

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors
I went to the Pacific Tests last night at Campbelltown, the atmosphere was pretty incredible. Sat in the Samoa supporters bay (figuring there were more Penrith players on the Samoa team) Chricton was one of Samoa's best players. Caught some difficult bombs and gained a lot of metres with difficult carries. May was quiet early in the game (and made a bad read in defence that lead to Tonga's first try) but came into the game later and put on a good step to score a try himself. He still doesn't look entirely confident in his injured knee, imho.

soc123_au

Staff member
Might do the same. I did record it. But the comments in the gamethread didnt really imply it was a great game. Although i dont think many got up towatch it.
I'm watching it now. Its been entertaining in parts. DWZ is having a blinder.

Blues Riff

Bench
Jim should sit out Origin 3 and give young Keary a run.

I noticed in Slater's post-game interveiw, when asked about game three, his shoulders dropped.
IMO he won't play. Oooh me hammy!

franklin2323

Immortal
I went to the Pacific Tests last night at Campbelltown, the atmosphere was pretty incredible. Sat in the Samoa supporters bay (figuring there were more Penrith players on the Samoa team) Chricton was one of Samoa's best players. Caught some difficult bombs and gained a lot of metres with difficult carries. May was quiet early in the game (and made a bad read in defence that lead to Tonga's first try) but came into the game later and put on a good step to score a try himself. He still doesn't look entirely confident in his injured knee, imho.

Looks to have his footwork back looks too skinny. That game will be good for his confidence Atleast

How is this for class.

Kalyn Ponga has shown he is as exceptional off the field as he is on it after unknowingly gifting Greg Alexander's 10-year-old son with his headgear after his Origin debut heartache.

The 20-year-old, who was one of Queensland's best in the heartbreaking loss at ANZ Stadium on Sunday night, put aside his own disappointment to make Beau Alexander's night.

Beau, who was wearing a NSW jersey at the time, was sitting with the family and friends of the players near the tunnel after the game when he tried to make contact with the Newcastle Knights superstar.

"He was down on the fence because he wanted a hug from Kalyn Ponga," Greg Alexander told NRL.com.

"He told him how well he played and then Kalyn gave him his head gear. It's pretty amazing isn't it. He's a pretty special kid. He had no idea who he was. My son was that happy. He was more excited about getting that than the win."

Beau, who plays for the under 11 Narraweena Hawks, hasn't let go of the headgear since last night.

"It'll be on his head all week," Alexander said.

"He will probably play with it. He's so excited and happy at the moment."
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/25/kalyn-ponga-hands-origin-headgear-to-greg-alexanders-son/

OldPanther

Coach
How is this for class.

Kalyn Ponga has shown he is as exceptional off the field as he is on it after unknowingly gifting Greg Alexander's 10-year-old son with his headgear after his Origin debut heartache.

The 20-year-old, who was one of Queensland's best in the heartbreaking loss at ANZ Stadium on Sunday night, put aside his own disappointment to make Beau Alexander's night.

Beau, who was wearing a NSW jersey at the time, was sitting with the family and friends of the players near the tunnel after the game when he tried to make contact with the Newcastle Knights superstar.

"He was down on the fence because he wanted a hug from Kalyn Ponga," Greg Alexander told NRL.com.

"He told him how well he played and then Kalyn gave him his head gear. It's pretty amazing isn't it. He's a pretty special kid. He had no idea who he was. My son was that happy. He was more excited about getting that than the win."

Beau, who plays for the under 11 Narraweena Hawks, hasn't let go of the headgear since last night.

"It'll be on his head all week," Alexander said.

"He will probably play with it. He's so excited and happy at the moment."
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/25/kalyn-ponga-hands-origin-headgear-to-greg-alexanders-son/

That's awesome.

Also Ponga to Panthers confirmed.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ponga is awesome. But between Edwards snd DWZ we have some decent fullbacks. Ponga would be worth what they're on combined after this season.