What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Rugby League Players - what are they remembered for...??

Usain Bolt

Bench
Manu Vatuvei - butter fingers game against parra commentators/fans refered to 10 years after it happened whenever he dropped the ball

soc123_au

Staff member
Solomon Haumono - His mum getting hysterical and jumping the fence when he got KOed against Penrith at Belmore in the 97 5th place play off.

Willie Ray

Bench
Great thread, my favorites:
John Hopoate - Fingering arse
Mario Fenech - The original Falcon
Geoff Toovey - Calling for investigation
Paul Cariage - The greatest individual performance of all time
I forgot about the Falcon....it's so famous it's even used in other sports,i've heard it used by union and netball commentators.

Great thread, my favorites:
John Hopoate - Fingering arse
Mario Fenech - The original Falcon
Geoff Toovey - Calling for investigation
Paul Cariage - The greatest individual performance of all time

The Original Falcon... timeless..... Tooves as well..

Re Cariage - there could be an argument that he should be up for an immortals nomination.. One memorable performance has us all still talking, his own dedicated thread here...

Long after Paul passes from the face of this earth, I'm sure his performance will still live on in the hearts and minds of league fans fortunate enough to witness, and their stories will be passed onto their children, and their childrens' children.... hence Cariage reaches immortality..

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mark broadhurst - decking the gobby Q’land hooker at craven park
John Dorahy - missing the ‘86 CC final kick at goal that was the start of my clubs demise
Will chambers - not throwing the pass in the GF
John Deveraux- missing the tackle that cost GB the 92 World Cup

justdave

Juniors
Jamie Ainscough, saying he was going to smash Smithy in the GF only to smash Craig in the head in the GF resulting in 8 point try and losing said GF.