What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin II - NSW 18-14 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
Seriously, what’s your obsession with Pearce?

Sounds like you’re worried Cleary might not perform to the level of the 9th immortal you’ve compared him to so you’re getting in a heap of stabs at Pearce early to soften it.

Don’t worry so much. Clearly will be fine and get away with doing SFA like he did in game 1 with the luxury of not being against Smith/Thurston/Cronk/Slater like every single other NSW half in the past decade (your mate Pearce included) didn’t have.

Seriously I feel sorry for Pearce. Poor bloke has finally found some peace this year but there are still dickheads that go after him at Origin time despite the fact that NSW were never going to win many games with Smith/Thurston/Cronk/Slater steering the ship for Qld regardless of who was in the halves.
Must suck having to defend him now. If Cleary is shit at Origin I'll admit it and be glad we have him at club level. What's there to worry about?

Even doing shit all is better than actively holding a team back like Pearce did. Pearce created the QLD immortals.

Noname36

First Grade
Must suck having to defend him now.

Pearce created the QLD immortals.

Yeah playing against Pearce made Smith/Cronk/Thurston/Slater/Inglis/etc. good players. f**k me that’s probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that’s saying something.

Anyway I don’t have to defend Pearce...he’s been an outstanding player for us at club level before he was injured and his absence has hurt the Knights badly. Can’t wait for his return and for the club to continue building around him.

Cleary’s game in Origin 1 could be likened to say Jarrod Mullen’s Origin performance at the same age.Didnt do anything wrong but didn’t really do anything to contribute to a winning performance either. And that’s fine, it’s a big ask to even play at that level at 20, but f**k me, let’s call it as it was m, Cleary was lucky to debut at the time he did. He’s a good young player but Jesus, comparing him to Johns and insinuating he would have in any way helped NSW’s cause against those Qld players at their peak is just embarrassing even when taking your Panthers bias into account.

Last edited:
Yeah playing against Pearce made Smith/Cronk/Thurston/Slater/Inglis/etc. good players. f**k me that’s probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that’s saying something.

Anyway I don’t have to defend Pearce...he’s been an outstanding player for us at club level before he was injured and his absence has hurt the Knights badly. Can’t wait for his return and for the club to continue building around him.

Cleary’s game in Origin 1 could be likened to say Jarrod Mullen’s Origin performance at the same age.Didnt do anything wrong but didn’t really do anything to contribute to a winning performance either. And that’s fine, it’s a big ask to even play at that level at 20, but f**k me, let’s call it as it was m, Cleary was lucky to debut at the time he did. He’s a good young player but Jesus, comparing him to Johns and insinuating he would have in any way helped NSW’s cause against those Qld players at their peak is just embarrassing even when taking your Panthers bias into account.
comparing Cleary to Johns is crazy but on you're other point you're wrong. Pearce has single handily handed over the trophy to Queensland before, my sig is the best proof of all.

He also played the most minutes. He's Gallen with a bum chin, very peculiar for a second rower and not his role at Easts. If that was the game plan then he had a good game but its an odd game plan. If taking hit-ups Taumalolo style is to be his role, he should be competing for the 13, and have genuine wide runners in the 11 and 12. This is more a criticism of Fittler and his game plan than of Cordner, who clearly has a huge motor.
Exactly, if he plays the way he does he should be in the middle not the edges.

mxlegend99

Referee
The only help he needed to contribute was by not being Mitchell Pearce. In this case less is more. Youre only new to defending Pearce. But I think literally any other option would have given us a better chance.

Pearce is a proven failure. After 3 or 4 series you move on. Even an inferior club player had that potential to come in and not suck at Origin. Trent Hodkinson proved that.

TheFrog

Coach
Incredible record, has won most and lost most as well
Lost 9 from 24, equal with Daley who lost 9 from 15.

Gould no longer has the inclination for the nuts and bolts of coaching, like game plans and such, but as a motivational speaker for rugby league teams, he has few equals. This makes a mockery of his buffoonery on Channel 9 game calls, which is just theatre.

big hit!

Bench
but he'll drop the ball twice in the game, once 5 meters away from the try line and will also get blitzed by Munster to set up Val Holmes in the corner.

who doesn't get blitzed by Munster...FMD!

he had a mare, like the rest of NSW in Game 3 last series. they shouldn't have been in that position, and he didn't put them there.

he's in the team. darling Graham isn't. so as NSWmen, let's support the guys who are going out there to play and try and win the series rather than always pick on the failings of one player and hope he f**ks it up so our favourite ill-discplined mong makes it next year instead.