What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Denver Test - NZ 18-36 England @ Mile High

Denver Test: NZ v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OzDragon

Coach
Only caught the last 20 minutes but I liked how the ref let the game flow. Didn’t give in to milking and video ref only needed one replay. It was glorious.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
7 debutants. This Kiwi team will get better. Really lacked polish and direction so left a lot of points out there.

England were pretty professional and once they got a majority of posession it was always going to be uphill with fatigue setting in.

End of year series will be interesting. A few guys today who wouldn't have been considered part of the full strength side but have probably got their name pencilled in now.

Travitoh

First Grade
Only caught the last 20 minutes but I liked how the ref let the game flow. Didn’t give in to milking and video ref only needed one replay. It was glorious.

Wasn't it just! No over-analysis of a play, just look and make a decision.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rankings:

1, Aust
2, Eng
3, Tonga
4, NZ

Then:
Fiji, PNG, Samoa

Then:
Lebanon, France,

At full strength NZ would beat Eng in NZ and Eng would beat NZ in Eng imo.

Tonga is the wilcard. Until we get them more games it's hard to know how good they really can be.

playdaball

Bench
I saw so many varying predictions so didn't know what to expect. A good crowd but I was probably hopeful of a few more based on what seemed to be some good promotion during the week
If the game had of been played in Auckland, We'll ngton, Leeds or Wigan - would they have got a 19k crowd?

Pommy

Coach
The NRL has been penalising those for years with a particular crackdown this year. Lazy and sloppy by the poms trying to get a quicker ptb.

Put your foot on the ball, that's the rules

If you think that wasn’t happening a lot last year in the NRL you weren’t watching.
I don’t disagree with you but it’s not like it’s a new thing.

Credit both NZ and England, but particularly England for their effort in taking this game seriously with their star players, and the win. Great game to watch.

If only Shaun Johnson etc were there too. Hopefully over the next two years..

Meth

Staff member
Only saw the highlights because meh but from what I saw Sam Burgess was being a real shit merkin

Latest posts