What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin II - NSW 18-14 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
QLD just have to ignore any decisions that go against them and just keep up the great defence through the middle. It's telling that both NSW tries have come on the back of penalties otherwise they are struggling to get out of their half.
Waaaaaaaah

Canard

Immortal
I’m f**king gobsmacked there is any debate about the penalty try

That was as straight forward as they come

Frankly the bigger issue that is being ignored by the commentators is the lack of a binning. That's a fantastic result for QLD.

Danish

Referee
Great half.

Slater showing his absolute class, he has been involved in everything good QLD have done all game.

NSW forwards struggled for any ascendency all half, which has led to Cool being quite ineffective as he is getting no quick play the balls to work off. This is probably taking teddy out of the game a bit as well.

NSW weak link is clearly the right edge defence. Cleary and Roberts are completely lost whenever the maroons come their way. If QLD keep attacking that edge there will be another couple tries out of it for sure.

Maloney playing much better than game 1. Cleary seems to be allergic to the ball - oh but he ha covered a lot of distance, so obviously playing well according to Gould

Tweed Titan

Bench
Anyone saying that wasn’t a penalty try is a moron. Cordner had time to take a dump and he still would have got there first. Or do we just reward cheating play and not punish it?

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
QLD must be disappointed with that score. They were easily the better team but couldn't capitalise. I really like the way Ponga is floating through the middle. I thought he'd be wasted on the bench but he's done a good job.

Munted

Bench
Spit balling here.
Does origin feel like the try's are dominated by wingers? Feels like it to me without looking at the stats.
What's driving that? Is the middle defence that good that it has to go through the hands to try for an overlap?
3 tries, 1 disallowed try.. All wingers.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Why he could drop it on the way down. He was beating everyone to it by 5m. It was as close to certain as you can get.
If that isn’t a penalty try, you may as well just take penalty tries out of the rule book or change the wording of the rule. There is NEVER a time where a try is certain to be scored!

Latest posts