What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB, ABC or Triple M, who do you listen to for your league coverage?

Which radio station do you listen to for your league coverage?

• 2GB

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Triple M

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • ABC

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Don't listen to league on the radio

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

Inkers75

Juniors
BBC for me!

When I do tune in however it is generally ABC Grandstand. Maybe because I live in UK, not having to listen to commercial radio with all the ads and 'in association with' rubbish it is kind of normal for me, for which I am thankful.

Incorrect

Coach
Poor old Andrew Moore. ABC management must have pulled rank tonight and forced him to call the Wallabies v Ireland Rugby union test instead of Tonga v Samoa league International. If you're a regular ABC listener like me you'll be familiar with how much Moore dislikes rugby union...

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Poor old Andrew Moore. ABC management must have pulled rank tonight and forced him to call the Wallabies v Ireland Rugby union test instead of Tonga v Samoa league International. If you're a regular ABC listener like me you'll be familiar with how much Moore dislikes rugby union...

Was wondering what happened, was driving home and noticed he was less enthusiastic than usual as they went to the 7pm news last night. Watched it on Fox so didn't know he wasn't calling it.

Rocket's tache

Juniors

He should have grown a pair then and stood his ground.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Haven't posted in this thread for years but I do sometimes listen to the abc from just around midnight when I'm doing a jigsaw in my little space, the swans are pumped endlessly from the callers to the presenter. I heard the other night a regular putting crap on RL because the soccer was so much bigger. Well der tell me something I don't know, but the way it was said and the follow up about the swans made me sick.

I never ever hear anyone ring up and say go the doggies, broncs, parra, souths whomever. Any normal person who you would think is awake at that that time would say who they follow, but dead set it is almost 100 percent swans fans.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Haven't posted in this thread for years but I do sometimes listen to the abc from just around midnight when I'm doing a jigsaw in my little space, the swans are pumped endlessly from the callers to the presenter. I heard the other night a regular putting crap on RL because the soccer was so much bigger. Well der tell me something I don't know, but the way it was said and the follow up about the swans made me sick.

I never ever hear anyone ring up and say go the doggies, broncs, parra, souths whomever. Any normal person who you would think is awake at that that time would say who they follow, but dead set it is almost 100 percent swans fans.
Victorian presenters drive everyone else away

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
ABC coverage this year has been largely fantastic, other than the local clowns they use like Laurie Spina.

I can't remember her name but whoever hosts the 12-1pm show on Sundays has been great as well.

Incorrect

Coach
ABC coverage this year has been largely fantastic, other than the local clowns they use like Laurie Spina.

I can't remember her name but whoever hosts the 12-1pm show on Sundays has been great as well.
Love the ABC coverage... And I believe you're referring to Niav Owens in the 12-1 slot...

Geez Andrew Moore hates Phil Gould's ass...he has been very vocal about how he can't understand how on earth Ivan Cleary could go and work a bloke like Phil Gould after what he did to him last time he was there......

Vic Mackey

Referee
Listening to Andrew Moore and the crew calling the NRLW game, Katie Brown is doing sideline commentary and she is f**king good value. No idea who she is but she's the best female of the species I've heard calling footy so far...

Moore’s a great commentator, loves the game and doesn’t seem to have agendas. The show he used to host on 2GB in the mid 2000s from 6-8pm on sundays was the best radio sports show going around.

It was a wrap of the weekend of sport, admittedly it was about 70% NRL however when there was something else big on like Ashes, Wimbledon, US Marsters etc he would have great guests on and wouldn’t try to be a comedian like every breakfast host does.

taipan

Referee
Love the ABC coverage... And I believe you're referring to Niav Owens in the 12-1 slot...

Geez Andrew Moore hates Phil Gould's ass...he has been very vocal about how he can't understand how on earth Ivan Cleary could go and work a bloke like Phil Gould after what he did to him last time he was there......

Phil is the type ,hard to get fond of.Arrogance.annoyance, defiance and at times intolerance.There I've now run out of ances.

Incorrect

Coach
That's it. She's fantastic, as is Ruan. They've come a long way from having to shoe horn Shannon Byrne into their broadcasts.
Shannon Byrne was/is utter dogs bollocks... Terrible terrible contributor. I still hear her occasionally doing sport catch ups in the mornings with Wendy Harmer and Robbie Buck on ABC and she hasn't improved at all.... Not there on merit at all that's for sure ...

Haffa

Listening to Andrew Moore and the crew calling the NRLW game, Katie Brown is doing sideline commentary and she is f**king good value. No idea who she is but she's the best female of the species I've heard calling footy so far...
Hot dogs > Matt Elliot