What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Fri - Warriors 15-18 Sharks @ Mt Smart

Round 16: Warriors v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
This is great.

So many salty vaginas

...and not from the Warriors side.

Ha

Oh well
Maybe the refs decided to make amends for the 5 metre forward pass the Broncos won against the sharks with last game.

could have done that round 20

Puntoue

Juniors
Gotta be happy with an away win over the Warriors, no matter how you come by it.

Certainly prefer getting the kiss on the cheek from the refs compared to the Broncos game when they bent us over and pumped it up our anus whilst whispering how the Perth Sharks really rolls of the tongue. You take it, and you give it.

Also happy with Woods performance.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I definitely agree with you on points- but it was pretty hard to get into a rhythm when we just weren't getting a fair shake from the refs for the whole game.

I'm somewhat torn, because I don't think we played well enough to win- but the fact of the matter is that the Sharks scored 4 fair points.

tbh I’m not really fussed about the ‘no advantage’ thing, I’m kind of a fan of the ‘free play’ rule anyway...applying the same logic arguably Gelling could have been penalised too

Meth

Staff member
Gotta be happy with an away win over the Warriors, no matter how you come by it.

Certainly prefer getting the kiss on the cheek from the refs compared to the Broncos game when they bent us over and pumped it up our anus whilst whispering how the Perth Sharks really rolls of the tongue. You take it, and you give it.

Also happy with Woods performance.

Woods played well

That last try was a bad call, and I say it's a shame to the Warriors fans on here as they are decent bunch.
It's just a shame a Drongos fan is making so much noise considering how they beat the Sharks last game by the aforementioned 5m forward pass.
It sucks but it does happen to other teams too.

vvvrulz

Coach
I’m pissed off with that forward pass call but evidently not as overwhelmingly negative about the whole game as everyone else here.

Warriors played like gormless idiots for 30 minutes of the first half, like wholehearted idiots for most of the second half, and then Luke and Mannering made shocking errors in the dying minutes for such experienced players.

Bang on.

The refs were certainly crap but what's new there, if we put in an 80 minute effort we'd have got home. The Sharkies looked after the ball, rarely missed tackles and give away few penalties - that's what wins tight games.

Meth

Staff member
That last try was a bad call, and I say it's a shame to the Warriors fans on here as they are decent bunch.
It's just a shame a Drongos fan is making so much noise considering how they beat the Sharks last game by the aforementioned 5m forward pass.
It sucks but it does happen to other teams too.

Yeah mate, our quarrel isn't with Sharks fans. Honestly, they were massive for quite a large chunk of the game and we did enough to lose it.

Pissed off with the refs, but it happens.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
For me, the worst calls were the Chad no try resulting in a scrum to the Sharks, and Gallens interference in a play the ball resulting in a penalty against the Warriors.

Frustrating game to watch, especially the way it got snatched away in the end, but the amount of poor handling and missed tackles we had alone is enough for me to not be totally up in arms with the result.

Though whoever that ref is, he is encroaching on Ben Cummins territory for most annoying keeeant of a ref in the game today.

coolumsharkie

Referee
For me, the worst calls were the Chad no try resulting in a scrum to the Sharks, and Gallens interference in a play the ball resulting in a penalty against the Warriors.

Frustrating game to watch, especially the way it got snatched away in the end, but the amount of poor handling and missed tackles we had alone is enough for me to not be totally up in arms with the result.

Though whoever that ref is, he is encroaching on Ben Cummins territory for most annoying keeeant of a ref in the game today.

Warriors knocked on into Chad as he received the ball. Gals was a square up for Sharon's ptb penalty farce.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors knocked on into Chad as he received the ball. Gals was a square up for Sharon's ptb penalty farce.

And then Chad ran 12 metres and almost scored. That's advantage taken.

Woods was a 50/50 when he tried to milk it and didn't touch the ball with his foot. Satae got to his feet, touched the ball with his foot and got penalised despite doing it correctly. Massive difference.

TBH I'm not as salty as I want to be. The advantage rule is horrible but it was worse earlier in the year when Maumalo ran 15-20m threw an intercept try for the Dragons only to have the ref call it back for no advantage. Forward passes happen all the time, it's a pure luck and in round 1 we benefitted when a Souths pass was called forward when it wasn't.

The penalty was the worse one because it highlights why fans get frustrated not just in this game but every round. Either the ref got bullied by Gallen or he just didn't see it clearly and when refs don't see things clearly they just guess and come up with phantom penalties.

At the same time Lisone got suspended earlier in the year for something that wasn't penalised versus the Raiders. So I've just named 3 Warriors wins where we benefited from refs getting it wrong.

It will happen in every round to every team at some point during the season, but it doesn't suck any less in the moment when it happened.

As much as we like to think things even out over a game/season that's not always the case and it sucks when a game comes around where due to random luck those decisions are largely one sided.

Probably also exagerrated because those decisions all leaded directly to points. Fans are much more forgiving/forgetful when ref mistakes don't actually lead to points.

Latest posts