What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Philippines All In Brawl

Barkley

Bench
Disgusting behaviour between these two teams. The Aussies certainly weren’t clean skins in this but the Filipinos actions in the brawl were borderline criminal.

And to stop and take a team selfie at the end of it shows what a classy bunch of ass clowns they are.

Generalzod

Immortal
I wonder whether Qantas will take away their sponsorship of the Boomers after this brawl, after all they where reviewing their sponsorship of the Wallabies over Israel's comments??

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Boomers didn't do much wrong, Kickert came in with an elbow and Maker jumped in the middle to try and kick one of the Filipinos but apart from those 2 it was more of a case of trying to defend themselves from coward punches on the run.

Filipino coach told his team to go out and hit hard after the half time break and they really took him literally.

I watched the game and a heap of replays but hardly a decent punch thrown from anyone, particularly Black, the biggest guy on the court.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I wonder whether Qantas will take away their sponsorship of the Boomers after this brawl, after all they where reviewing their sponsorship of the Wallabies over Israel's comments??
I can just imagine the email to the Boomers management from Qantas now:

"You can jump like Kangaroos but you sure as shit can't kick like one."

Vozzy

Juniors
The elbow from the Aussie was a bit out of line seen send offs in league for that. They say it's a black eye on basketball but this is one of those bad news is still good news incidents more people will probably watch because of this.

Plus those attempted Kicks by the African Aussie were embarrassing was such a soccer move. Philippines running off the bench made this worse but looks like hardly any punches connected the guy on the ground getting shit thrown on him and kicked and punch was low.

axl rose

Bench
The chair to the head was a bit uncalled for. The 4 on 1 Lebanese style fight on the ground was a disgrace. I guess as he fell behind the billboard the Aussies didnt know he was even there getting massacred.

What the...

Piss-weak of Basketball Australia to apologize. Who is the charge of them these days? Gallop?

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Jeez I haven't seen this level of punching since the Malice in the Palace. Somewhere in the world, the '04 Piston and Pacers players are sitting in their armchairs laughing. Kudos to the crowd for keeping it civilized I guess...

Xcalibre

Juniors
The forearm to the head that started it all was savage and what followed was ridiculous. Flying kicks and punches, multiple guys pummeling one guy, coward punches and to top it off a team selfie hahaha.

Crazy stuff that has me commenting on basketball. Something I'd never normally do.

anyone on that Aussie bench that didnt run in and help is a merkin of a human. f**k me thats soft
You need an attitude adjustment.

The behaviour and restraint shown by the Australian bench was very impressive.

That's what happens when you have NBA professionals showing how to act.

The worst part about this incident is the gutless suspensions that FIBA have since made.

By allowing the Filipinos to essentially get away with this animalistic behaviour FIBA is saying that they don't care about player safety or welfare.

One can only imagine how inflated the scoreline would have been if Australia had their entire contingent of NBA players available. I shudder thinking what would have happened if the Filipinos were embarrassed even more than they already were.

Latest posts