What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Gronk

Staff member
State in which you played your first junior football - exemption is if you played your Juniors in Kempsey as that is not considered to be a NSW town. Cheers

Thanks. My son was in Bronte nippers with Tristan Sailor around age 10. He played RL in the Eastern Suburbs. Then they moved to the Gong where he played in the Illawarra Comp and repped with their S G Ball side. Played for NSW Indigenous U16's.

EDIT: There is a father-son rule ?

https://www.news.com.au/tristan-sai...d/news-story/c294ceaa217aea5b4b1e9cfd2ddbcd63

Gronk

Staff member
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/07/03/eels-jersey-flegg-round-17-team-list/

The Parramatta Eels Jersey Flegg side to take on the New Zealand Warriors at North Harbour Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday 7 July in Round 17 of the Jersey Flegg competition has been named by Head Coach Dean Feeney.

After a bye last week, Feeney has named a young 22 man Blue & Gold squad for the trip to New Zealand.

Kick off is at 11am.

Parramatta Eels Jersey Flegg side
1. John Fonua
2. Haze Dunster
3. Tuimavave Afualo
4. Noel Aukafolau
5. Taufu Afu
6. Todd Sapienza
7. Dylan Brown
8. Michael Tupou
9. Ayden Carling
10. Sean Keppie
11. Dylan Clifford
12. Nick Okladnikov
13. Jesse Cronin
Interchange
14. Vea Tapaatoutai
15. Steve Dresler
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. PJ Vaigalu
18. Tyrone Faulkner
19. Bruce Ward
20. Valance Harris
21. Ethan Parry
22. Sam McGregor

A question for those who watch the Jersey Flegg, how is Tui Afualo developing?

I'm sure we all have differing opinions.
For mine the kid hasn't grown since 15 yo. He is a solid player but likes to run out of the line alot & put shots on.
His explosive but i'm not sure how far he will go.
Will he play NRL.? I dont think so.

Out of our 20s backline. The kid who excites me most apart from Dylan Brown is Haze Dunster

Gazzamatta

Coach
Do you think JP Norah(i think), the fullback will get a run this year? Sounds promising from reports I've read.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
https://www.nswrl.com.au/NSW-u16s-2018

5 Eels players, and an Eel selected as coach for NSW

• Noah Griffiths (Bathurst/Melbourne)
  • Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders)
  • Clay Webb (Canberra Raiders)
  • Jack Williams (Canberra Raiders)
  • Danny Ghantous (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
  • Unitoni Mataele (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Samuel Pinomi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Tyreece Matangi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Thomas Cant (Newcastle Knights)
  • Matthew Komolafe (Parramatta Eels)
  • Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels)
  • William Penisini (Parramatta Eels)
  • Peter Taateo (Parramatta Eels)
  • Caleb Tohi (Parramatta Eels)
  • Donavan Boney (Penrith Panthers)
  • Zion Tauasa (Penrith Panthers)
  • Joshua Bevan (Sydney Roosters)
Coach: Scott Jones

https://www.nswrl.com.au/NSW-u16s-2018

5 Eels players, and an Eel selected as coach for NSW

• Noah Griffiths (Bathurst/Melbourne)
  • Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders)
  • Clay Webb (Canberra Raiders)
  • Jack Williams (Canberra Raiders)
  • Danny Ghantous (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
  • Unitoni Mataele (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Samuel Pinomi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Tyreece Matangi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
  • Thomas Cant (Newcastle Knights)
  • Matthew Komolafe (Parramatta Eels)
  • Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels)
  • William Penisini (Parramatta Eels)
  • Peter Taateo (Parramatta Eels)
  • Caleb Tohi (Parramatta Eels)
  • Donavan Boney (Penrith Panthers)
  • Zion Tauasa (Penrith Panthers)
  • Joshua Bevan (Sydney Roosters)
Coach: Scott Jones
Well done to the boys and coach Jones very much deserved! Gotta feel for Josh Tuipulotu who have been first picked but misses out due to the bad leg break suffered in the GF.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Harold Matthews means SFA in the scheme of things.

SG ball and Flegg Success means a lot more.

I'd argue that success in SG Ball means as much as it does in Harold Matts. If we cared about winning SG Ball we wouldn't have played Dylan Brown in Flegg at the start of this year as well as having Tui Afualo, Filia Utoikamanu, and Oregan Kaufusi playing Flegg all of last year.

Looking at it if we cared about winning Flegg we wouldn't have promoted: Reed Mahoney, Jaeman Salmon, Salesi Fainga'a, and Oregan Kaufusi for extended periods.

What's most important, in age-restricted competitions, is that each player is playing the grade that furthers their development.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm sure we all have differing opinions.
For mine the kid hasn't grown since 15 yo. He is a solid player but likes to run out of the line alot & put shots on.
His explosive but i'm not sure how far he will go.
Will he play NRL.? I dont think so.

Out of our 20s backline. The kid who excites me most apart from Dylan Brown is Haze Dunster

How about Parry and Noel Aka?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd argue that success in SG Ball means as much as it does in Harold Matts. If we cared about winning SG Ball we wouldn't have played Dylan Brown in Flegg at the start of this year as well as having Tui Afualo, Filia Utoikamanu, and Oregan Kaufusi playing Flegg all of last year.

Looking at it if we cared about winning Flegg we wouldn't have promoted: Reed Mahoney, Jaeman Salmon, Salesi Fainga'a, and Oregan Kaufusi for extended periods.

What's most important, in age-restricted competitions, is that each player is playing the grade that furthers their development.
Yep fair points mate, at the end of the day all of it doesn't mean much if we aren't producing first graders. Fingers crossed this crop are the ones to get us back up near the top of the pile to add with what we already have plus some smart recruiting.

Latest posts