What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Bench
Melbourne were not that good for most of the game. This was not a great game as the commentators kept saying. It was like watching a under 20 game.
Least McIdiot had one thing which affected the game, the use of the bench was one of his best. Nightingale on for 70 minutes was beyond belief. He is not a forward.
The others on the bench showed how weak we are with forwards. We need at least two props for next season.
So it’s with a heavy heat that I can say Sack McGregor

Would love to blame that team effort solely on McGregor however:

1) Host who looked primed for a big game gets injured

2) Sir James and Lats suffer head knocks

3) Truth is our front row reserves stocks are skinny

Mary should have used Sele and Lawrie for longer minutes.

Was impressed by Lawrie.

It was grossly unfair to Flo having him play in the middle for 70 minutes.

Combination of McGregor stupidity in playing Flo in first 17 and several injuries.

Shows how important JDB/Frizz/Sims/Vaughan and Hunt are to our team.

Also game showed us that Melbourne’s next wave of first graders are far more ready than our boys.

Was impressed by Lawrie.

Combination of McGregor stupidity in playing Flo in first 17 and several injuries.

Also game showed us that Melbourne’s next wave of first graders are far more ready than our boys.
What?
Are you saying Mary can’t, ever, ever, ever use a bench properly?

The Damo

Juniors

Was impressed by Lawrie.

Yeah, they scored 3 tries when Graham was off hia and it was over then. Had he not had to go off could’ve been different. Nighty into second row worked ok for about 45 minutes, but needed to be swapped 15 minutes before he was.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, they scored 3 tries when Graham was off hia and it was over then. Had he not had to go off could’ve been different. Nighty into second row worked ok for about 45 minutes, but needed to be swapped 15 minutes before he was.
You could tell early on that it wasn’t going to work all game. Mary needed to increase rotation on that edge with an aging winger there, but it was mentioned before the game that both our edge forwards would be expected to play 80 minutes (a bad idea already with Leilua running out) and Mary is simply unable to adapt to in game situations. I wonder if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Was impressed by Lawrie.

Take JDB, Friz, Vaughan and Simms out of NSW and see how they go - that foursome missing was critical to us - hope they come through SOO 3 with no injuries.

Bench
There should be a sub edit to this thread, Sack the ISP coach. His main role is to get players ready to transition to a first grade spot on the bench or a starting position.
A lot of clubs have been promoting their ISP players and been an instant success.
We have been lucky this year with injuries but how would we have done with one or maybe two forwards out for an extended period.
I hope that we get a new CEO that will put a broom through our coaching staff.
We deserve better.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Melbourne were not that good for most of the game. This was not a great game as the commentators kept saying. It was like watching a under 20 game.
Least McIdiot had one thing which affected the game, the use of the bench was one of his best. Nightingale on for 70 minutes was beyond belief. He is not a forward.
The others on the bench showed how weak we are with forwards. We need at least two props for next season.
So it’s with a heavy heat that I can say Sack McGregor
agree with most of this but Melbourne were pretty good I thought, didnt make many errors and looked dangerous every set they had the ball, and grudgingly I add that Smith was brilliant last night,

The Damo

Juniors
You could tell early on that it wasn’t going to work all game. Mary needed to increase rotation on that edge with an aging winger there, but it was mentioned before the game that both our edge forwards would be expected to play 80 minutes (a bad idea already with Leilua running out) and Mary is simply unable to adapt to in game situations. I wonder if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
I feel like I may have heard it mentioned previously. Fairly sure I’ve said it myself somewhere round a dozen times, can’t think why he hasn’t got the message yet.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
There should be a sub edit to this thread, Sack the ISP coach. His main role is to get players ready to transition to a first grade spot on the bench or a starting position.
A lot of clubs have been promoting their ISP players and been an instant success.
We have been lucky this year with injuries but how would we have done with one or maybe two forwards out for an extended period.
I hope that we get a new CEO that will put a broom through our coaching staff.
We deserve better.
I think if I was head coach I would be I would be having the last say on the Isip side

ouryears

Bench
Nighty into second row worked ok for 45 minutes?!
What sort of drug are you on man?
We need forwards who hit hard and intimidate, not a small slow body being ran at and pummelled
Unbelievable........

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Was impressed by Lawrie.

Good sensible post.
I made mention on the night that the Storm reserves showed more desire than our reserves.

That’s the part that l find poor form from our part.

As you stated, putting Flo on so early, to cover for a forward was bad for Flo and stupidity from a coaching perspective.

The only plus side was some nice set plays.

I wanted to see McGregor get one over Bellyache but it wasn’t to be.
This was the type of game we needed to win to prove we are a force this year.

It was supposed to show our depth and our ability to chop & change yet still win.

Sadly, it didn’t.

As usual Super Coach says at the press conference I am not making excuses but here are my excuses.

Let’s be frank Mary, poor bench selection and utilisation was the main reason Saints lost the game.

You put a 90kg winger in the middle of the ruck for over an hour to face a big strong Melbourne pack.

So much for player welfare.

Flo doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

He and Mann are not front row forwards.

I can understand playing a utility back who can be injected in to a game to provide creativity.

News flash we have enough creativity.

What we need on the bench is muscle and mongrel. 4 big hungry, angry dudes.

Sack Mary. We have the cattle. What we need is a coach.

ouryears

Bench
As usual Super Coach says at the press conference I am not making excuses but here are my excuses.

Let’s be frank Mary, poor bench selection and utilisation was the main reason Saints lost the game.

You put a 90kg winger in the middle of the ruck for over an hour to face a big strong Melbourne pack.

So much for player welfare.

Flo doesn’t deserve to be treated like this.

He and Mann are not front row forwards.

I can understand playing a utility back who can be injected in to a game to provide creativity.

News flash we have enough creativity.

What we need on the bench is muscle and mongrel. 4 big hungry, angry dudes.

Sack Mary. We have the cattle. What we need is a coach.
Agree 100 %, but many lovers of mediocrity on this forum who are already wearing 2018 premier T Shirts will string you up.
They Go by the names of CRUSH, DAMO, ALSGI and others

Bench
Whatever people think of McIdiot whether good or bad. His use of the bench overall this season has been terrible.
I think when he was asked about how would we go with SOO he said that they were prepared for that and giving ISP players time off the bench.
Based on his use of the bench and the preparation of players during SOO he is failing.
It won’t happen but sack MacGregor.

Whatever people think of McIdiot whether good or bad. His use of the bench overall this season has been terrible.
I think when he was asked about how would we go with SOO he said that they were prepared for that and giving ISP players time off the bench.
Based on his use of the bench and the preparation of players during SOO he is failing.
It won’t happen but sack MacGregor.

Hey he gave them all a 75-80 minuite sideline seat to watch first grade play, that should be enough to get them ready.
That being said if I swap my hill tickets for sideline grandstand seats and watch the full I should be ready to cover for origin players being out too.

ozbuck

Juniors
I'm glad David Waite was sacked too..never ever won us a comp!!! Don't think he ever had us running at the top of the comp either. Crap coach