What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Market

Ive noticed even after the 30 June deadline there's been a lot of movement in the player market.

Tim Grant going back to the Panthers.
Blake Furguson going to the Eels......though quite why they would buy another player on the back end of his carrer is beyond me.

But the Dragons are very quiet, even on the rumour front.
So that suggests we are either happy with our current roster of first graders and young guys coming through, or are looking overseas to replace Ah Mau.

To be honest I'd be quite happy at this stage to upgrade the young guys rather than risk losing them when they start to come good.

Dragsters

First Grade
Ive noticed even after the 30 June deadline there's been a lot of movement in the player market.

Tim Grant going back to the Panthers.
Blake Furguson going to the Eels......though quite why they would buy another player on the back end of his carrer is beyond me.

But the Dragons are very quiet, even on the rumour front.
So that suggests we are either happy with our current roster of first graders and young guys coming through, or are looking overseas to replace Ah Mau.

To be honest I'd be quite happy at this stage to upgrade the young guys rather than risk losing them when they start to come good.

I just assumed possm has Walmsley locked up for 2019???

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am pretty sure a commentator on Foxsports said tonight that Latimore is going back to Penrith next year, the club that he started his career off at. That is news to me. I know that Grant is going back to Penrith next year and that he is returning home. I am wondering if anyone else knows if Latimore is going back to Penrith or if the Fox commentator got Latimore and Grant mixed up?

I am pretty sure a commentator on Foxsports said tonight that Latimore is going back to Penrith next year, the club that he started his career off at. That is news to me. I know that Grant is going back to Penrith next year and that he is returning home. I am wondering if anyone else knows if Latimore is going back to Penrith or if the Fox commentator got Latimore and Grant mixed up?
I think so, there was only an article this week saying how happy he was at the Dragons.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Warren Smith the anti dragon getting something wrong. The bloke is an absolute prick.

I watch Fox to avoid Nein self promoting but Smith I detest. Whatever criticism can be levelled at Warren blatant dislike and bias I don’t believe he exhibits. Smith displays it in every Dragons game. Oh and Alexander likewise.

Warren Smith the anti dragon getting something wrong. The bloke is an absolute prick.

I watch Fox to avoid Nein self promoting but Smith I detest. Whatever criticism can be levelled at Warren blatant dislike and bias I don’t believe he exhibits. Smith displays it in every Dragons game. Oh and Alexander likewise.
Well it was the choice between the “I hate Dragons” on Fox, or the “Cameron Smith Appreciation Society” on Nine.
His arse must taste like chocolate the way Gould and Johns kiss it all night.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

One can understand Alexander's dislike towards the Dragons. Way back in 1086, he almost lost an eyeball thanks to an errant pinky from Steve Linnane.

Smith is a "James Blunt", narcissistic prick, whose blatant hatred towards Saints has been evident long term.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Someone mentioned the same rumour surrounding Latimore on a Facebook page yesterday. I know when he originally left Saints in 2012, his new team was Penrith.

Could history repeat itself?

I haven't seen anything on the Net to support this allegation.

FlameThrower

Bench

Agreed on this and they seem to love to deathride the Dragons and talk up any side we play against.

Someone mentioned the same rumour surrounding Latimore on a Facebook page yesterday. I know when he originally left Saints in 2012, his new team was Penrith.

Could history repeat itself?

I haven't seen anything on the Net to support this allegation.

If they are willing to let Latimore go they better have a few props in mind to buy.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If they are willing to let Latimore go they better have a few props in mind to buy.

More pertinent questions are:

A) unless they're not paid "overs" in order to play under McGregor, would any half decent prop be willing to come to SGI?

B) if not, are the only other options relate to forwards at the end of their careers (as with James Graham)?

More pertinent questions are:

A) unless they're not paid "overs" in order to play under McGregor, would any half decent prop be willing to come to SGI?

B) if not, are the only other options relate to forwards at the end of their careers (as with James Graham)?
Well as we have seen with Tim Grant moving and Blake Furgeson, we are a bit late on into the market, most players have thier futures settled at this stage.
We are going to be left with the dregs at this rate.

aquiin

Juniors
They need to look at Ray Stone and Peni Terepo from Parramatta. Also Junior Tatola and Mark Nichols from South Sydney. Need at least two. Patrick Mago from Brisbane would be a good choice but differing sources say he is under contract and not. Missed a good chance given Albert Vete was available.

The other player type they need is someone who can tie up the middle when DeBelin is off, even if they do continue with Sele as an option. Have not resolved the issue all season. Lachlan Burr maybe or more attacking Jazz Tevaga from the Warriors. Not much out there.

They need to look at Ray Stone and Peni Terepo from Parramatta. Also Junior Tatola and Mark Nichols from South Sydney. Need at least two. Patrick Mago from Brisbane would be a good choice but differing sources say he is under contract and not. Missed a good chance given Albert Vete was available.

The other player type they need is someone who can tie up the middle when DeBelin is off, even if they do continue with Sele as an option. Have not resolved the issue all season. Lachlan Burr maybe or more attacking Jazz Tevaga from the Warriors. Not much out there.

As I just said, most have thier futures planned out at this stage of the season.
Unless we can find another Paul Vaughan that everyone else has overlooked the only option is overseas.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Well as we have seen with Tim Grant moving and Blake Furgeson, we are a bit late on into the market, most players have thier futures settled at this stage.
We are going to be left with the dregs at this rate.

To think, there are many misguided souls who believe Millward is doing a "good job".

Bless them.

aquiin

Juniors
As I just said, most have thier futures planned out at this stage of the season.
Unless we can find another Paul Vaughan that everyone else has overlooked the only option is overseas.

That is the unknown, especially with teams with higher expectations than ours underperforming and the salary cap issues elsewhere.

There are a lot of players still off contract but in the middle third, only a few of any quality. Also not easy when you have a rep starting pack on decent coin.

Latest posts