What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

Card Shark

Immortal
4 years for a contract is the absolute max, even 3 years is too long in some instances.

I doubt it’s a money thing with him, he’s a country lad / home boy that wants to go home.

What we can offer are his mates, a successful club, a good lifestyle & the fullback spot in the future.

Last edited:

Inferno

Coach
where do these figures come from?

He's not on 850K this year, he's not worth 1 million and there's not one shred of evidence the club is offering that. When is the last time the club paid overs for a player?

Why do people think they're about to now?

He's a young kid with probably a 10 year Origin career ahead of him and has all the makings of an elite fullback. That being said I wouldn't guarantee him the fullback jersey. If that's what it comes down to he will go.

I hope we keep him and wouldn't want to lose him to get Barba.

6 yrs at 1m???? 6m???
No fecking way.
The club plays the cap by percentages, that figure would not configure.
It's the surest way to become a basket case like Many, Canterbury and from next season, St. George.
He wont accept that anyway. Hes been given this pay packet purely on potential. For 6 years it would have to be 1.5 million.
Even then, would we be subjected to the home sick story every 2 weeks for 6 years? No thanks.

Card Shark

Immortal

He's not on 850K this year, he's not worth 1 million and there's not one shred of evidence the club is offering that.

$850k is the number being bandied around.

It may have started as the Defer exaggeration number & now its stuck.

What do you think it is...what have you heard?

He may well be on that much total...wouldn’t surprise me if he has $150 to $200k in 3rd party’s.

carinashark

First Grade
I think we sent a message with Maloney, I hope we do it with Holmes. Val’s a great player but let another club play overs.

Card Shark

Immortal
It’s grest that he wants that position & hopefully tries his guts out to get it....however he’d better not sook if he misses it!

Frenzy.

Immortal

He's not on 850K this year, he's not worth 1 million and there's not one shred of evidence the club is offering that. When is the last time the club paid overs for a player?

Why do people think they're about to now?

He's a young kid with probably a 10 year Origin career ahead of him and has all the makings of an elite fullback. That being said I wouldn't guarantee him the fullback jersey. If that's what it comes down to he will go.

I hope we keep him and wouldn't want to lose him to get Barba.

https://www.outline.com/SNeEpR

Card Shark

Immortal
Ponga has been in the comp 5 minutes.

He’s potentially a great player but there’s no guarantees of any position.

Latest posts